Before the game even starts...It's a coaches job to overcome

Virgil

Before this game against the Cards even starts, I want to put out there that injuries can't be an excuse. I've said this before and gotten roasted for it, but I think it's becoming more prevalent. One players can't make your team. If they do, then it's your job to make sure you have depth at that position or other options.

I hate to reference the Pats or Vikings, but they both lost positions that many thought would be crippling to them. They are 5-0 combined.

So if Sammy's out, a player who had off-season surgery and missed games his first two years, then okay. As a coach/GM who knows this, what's plan B?

If you are weak at a position, draft a guy who MIGHT need surgery, what's your plan B?

I'm not just calling out the injuries, suspensions, firing of the OC in Week 2. I'm not saying this to pile on, as I know many will take it this way.

I'm saying that we have a 50+ man roster, a year to prepare, FA, drafts, etc. Teams lose players all the time and it's not over. I don't care that we are playing the Cards. Be a coach, be a GM. Be ready.

And for the other side of the coin...yes, I think the Colts are a terrible franchise for what happened after Peyton got hurt. They never gave him a supporting cast. So when he went down, #1 pick was theirs. They are doing the same thing with Luck. The minute Peyton got support in Denver, 2 Superbowls (should have been 3) and won 1 of them.

Now please, make sure you only read one sentence and only respond to that.

The Vikings example is a tough comparison. Their solution was to throw a ton of draft picks at buying a replacement QB. The Pats example is a little better, where the coaches clearly had to implement a brand new offensive game plan to adapt for their rookie QB in week 3, and his skills and deficiencies.

This is why I'm glad I posted it beforehand and that's exactly what they did. Great job using other WR's and TE's to step up. White played fantastic.

And Felton is not going to get enough credit for this game He made some huge blocks to free up McCoy. He gets my gameball

This is why I'm glad I posted it beforehand and that's exactly what they did. Great job using other WR's and TE's to step up. White played fantastic.

And Felton is not going to get enough credit for this game He made some huge blocks to free up McCoy. He gets my gameball

good call.

Rex outcoached Arians today. Plenty of time to challenge the "catch' by Woods.

True, but wasn't there a holding call against the Cards on that play anyway? Would have been an automatic first down (though 10 yards farther back than the reception). That may be why he didn't bother challenging it.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

It is funny to read the original post - especially now.

This victory is so much sweeter given that the Rex Haters were so looking forward to a loss and did not want to acknowledge that the team would be better with:

Sammy

Cordy

Marcel

Darby

Salas

And our top two draft picks.

Great win!

True, but wasn't there a holding call against the Cards on that play anyway? Would have been an automatic first down (though 10 yards farther back than the reception). That may be why he didn't bother challenging it.

I was thinking the same thing