Brady vs. Manning after Pats 3-0 start

prophrox2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine arguing about whether a Bills QB was the greatest of all-time or "obviously" second to the GOAT (or maybe even "only" top 3) because although he holds every major career and single season passing record, "only" has two Super Bowl rings....

As I said before comparing different generations is silly. Some of the greats played like only 12 games.

As for Manning records, that's great for Fantasy football. How did he do when his team needed him in the playoffs? Brady has over and over led game winning drives at the end of a playoff game.. Heck their last SB He led the Pats back from the largest deficit in SB History. That's what made Montana great as well and in most people better than Morino

Edited by PatsFanNH

And Manning also didn't excel because of the system he was playing in?

Sorry Brady is the best ever

Negative, Your buggin. Manning is better, Pats* always had better coaches and teams. The only time Manning had a better team than Brady was when he went to Denver. The fact that Cassel went 11-5 and Belli has been winning with JG AND Brissett under center cements it. When Peyton got hurt that team went to ****. When Brady got hurt they got to the playoffs WITH MATT !@#$ING CASSEL. CASSEL!!

Negative, Your buggin. Manning is better, Pats* always had better coaches and teams. The only time Manning had a better team than Brady was when he went to Denver. The fact that Cassel went 11-5 and Belli has been winning with JG AND Brissett under center cements it. When Peyton got hurt that team went to ****. When Brady got hurt they got to the playoffs WITH MATT !@#$ING CASSEL. CASSEL!!

Yeah and Matt Cassel had an even better season on the Chiefs. Some of those Pats Super Bowl winning teams had zero running game and David Givens and Troy Brown as their #'s 1 and 2 WR's. Peyton Manning had Faulk, James, Harrison and Wayne, all of whom may end up in the Hall of Fame. Give it up dude. I know that as Bills fans, we have to hate the Patriots but just try and be objective. Just try.

Yeah and Matt Cassel had an even better season on the Chiefs. Some of those Pats Super Bowl winning teams had zero running game and David Givens and Troy Brown as their #'s 1 and 2 WR's. Peyton Manning had Faulk, James, Harrison and Wayne, all of whom may end up in the Hall of Fame. Give it up dude. I know that as Bills fans, we have to hate the Patriots but just try and be objective. Just try.

Troy Brown was underrated at the time, the Pats* defense was damn good, Colts defense not so much. I will concede that Peyton had better WRs. How come the Colts went 2-14 when Peyton went out? The Pats always had better coaching, do you disagree with that?

Edited by Marty McFly

Wow you have a few mistakes in there. The biggest being that they went to the playoffs w Cassel.. That is false... The Dolphins went not the Pats.

Also Manning has wilted in the playoffs where he only won his two rings because his defense won it for him, while Brady has led game wing drives in 3 of the 4 and also had the Patriots in the lead against the Giants with about 2 minutes to go be 19-0.

You see Manning v Brady is like Montana v Marino.. One was a great regular season QB while the other hit another gear come playoff time. IMO the one excel when the pressure the highest are the better QB.

Wow you have a few mistakes in there. The biggest being that they went to the playoffs w Cassel.. That is false... The Dolphins went not the Pats.

Also Manning has wilted in the playoffs where he only won his two rings because his defense won it for him, while Brady has led game wing drives in 3 of the 4 and also had the Patriots in the lead against the Giants with about 2 minutes to go be 19-0.

You see Manning v Brady is like Montana v Marino.. One was a great regular season QB while the other hit another gear come playoff time. IMO the one excel when the pressure the highest are the better QB.

And like Montana v Marino, one had the superior team

Really? I dont know why its been drilled in my mind the Pats went 11-5 with Cassel at the helm. (shrugs sholders admits wrong) By the pressure game metric I would say Brady > Manning. Still think Peytons the better QB. Like metze says its prob the bias.

And who do you think had the superior team most of the time?

True, Montana > Marino and again both Montana and Brady led game winning drives in SB something Marino came close (missed FG) and Manning never came close to doing. My point still valid Montana and Brady excelled in the playoffs..

Really? I dont know why its been drilled in my mind the Pats went 11-5 with Cassel at the helm. (shrugs sholders admits wrong) By the pressure game metric I would say Brady > Manning. Still think Peytons the better QB. Like metze says its prob the bias.

And who do you think had the superior team most of the time?

That's why I said IMO as it is neither right or wrong to disagree.. We all have one. And like you I am biased.

True, Montana > Marino and again both Montana and Brady led game winning drives in SB something Marino came close (missed FG) and Manning never came close to doing. My point still valid Montana and Brady excelled in the playoffs..

That's why I said IMO as it is neither right or wrong to disagree.. We all have one. And like you I am biased.

How do you guys like Chris Hogan so far?

to be fair, when Marino was knocked out for the season, Scott Mitchell looked serviceable enough to earn a big contract to be the Lions next disappointment at QB.

https://seatgeek.com/tba/sports/top-10-best-tom-brady-football-games/

#6. WEEK 1 AT MIAMI (2011)

"Though we avoided putting the Bills on here multiple times, we couldnt avoid making the Dolphins repeat offenders. Brady was just too good in these games. In this one, he threw for a Patriots franchise record 517 yards, adding four touchdowns on the day. This doesnt rank higher because of the interception Brady also threw, making this the only game with an interception on the list"

#1. WEEK 6 VS. TENNESSEE TITANS (2009)

Complete, and total domination. Brady threw for 380 yards and six touchdowns, five of those touchdowns coming in one quarter, an NFL record. Brady couldnt miss, and the Titans couldnt catch a cold, despite the heavy snow fall during the game. How dominant was Brady? He exited the game for good after the first drive of the third quarter. Imagine his stat line if he had kept playing.

Brady was a gd animal with peak welker and moss.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The 2 SB Manning won, his DEFENSE won both of them for him. (The first one IMO they won in spite of his crappy performance in the playoffs)

While Brady led game winning drives in 3 of the 4 in the last two minutes. (And even did that with just over 2 minutes to go in the 16-0 season) that is why I consider him better than manning.

You consider him better than Manning because you are a Pats fan. Of Brady's winning drives , first was a FG , one was only " winning" because of the most idiotic play calling in SB history from second and goal by SEA to virtually give a championship away that was all but decided. Brady is a great QB, but my eyes tell me that JM and PM were both better .

You consider him better than Manning because you are a Pats fan. Of Brady's winning drives , first was a FG , one was only " winning" because of the most idiotic play calling in SB history from second and goal by SEA to virtually give a championship away that was all but decided. Brady is a great QB, but my eyes tell me that JM and PM were both better .

We disagree, especially between him and Manning. I hate going to different eras and I think Montana was one of the clutch QB in history.

But even if I wasn't a Pats fan I lean towards Brady over Manning because he was clutch in the playoffs.. And it doesn't matter if it was a FG to win it, it is something Manning never was able to do in a playoff game, never mind the SB. Manning was the greatest Reg season QB but when the games started to matter he was average. I take Brady,Montana before him. But again we don't have to agree what makes life great is disagreeing and calmly talking why we disagree.

It is hard to use team records to compare QBs. Winning with Brissett definitely shows BB's excellence, but let's be clear here: Brissett only gained about 160 yards of offense total, and only 100 passing. If Brady plays that game, the Pats might have won 45-0. Similarly, people make hay of Cassell leading the 2008 team to 11-5 record, but neglect to mention Cassell threw for 21 TDs with basically an identical receiving corps that Brady threw FIFTY TDs to.

Comparing Brady and Manning: I think if you swapped them, Brady would have put up a bunch of stats from 2003-2008 throwing to Marvin and Reggie, while Peyton would have won the rings on the back of the Patriots defenses. But that is just conjecture at this point. Both are excellent players.

Similarly, a great player being followed by another great player, or a team succeeding after a great player has moved on, doesn't mean the great player isn't great. Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers success does not mean Montana or Favre are somehow lesser players than they were before.