Child abuse and parental ignorance

JohnC

When I see stories like this I get really angry. This father is beyond being simply ignorant. He is being a bully to this defenseless child and acting like a coward.

The woman who called the police did the right thing. The officer who responded should have gotten the thug parent's name and address and then notified the child welfare department to look into how the household functions.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/09/21/photos-of-a-man-allegedly-dragging-a-girl-by-her-hair-through-wa/21476446/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-873070127_htmlws-main-bb

i got in trouble once with by son in walmart, he plucked my very last nerve and i pushed/shoved him away from me, nothing violent or anything, but a shove nonetheless, he was over 21 at the time but I still shouldn't have done it. I had people call the cops on me, and i was glad they did. I spoke with the cops about it, they gave me an earful, but i will tell you what, it scared the living crap out of me that i had let myself do that. I actually thanked the people that called the cops. it's tough being a parent, but that doesn't give us any right to physically discipline them like this guy is doing, or like i had done.

i got in trouble once with by son in walmart, he plucked my very last nerve and i pushed/shoved him away from me, nothing violent or anything, but a shove nonetheless, he was over 21 at the time but I still shouldn't have done it. I had people call the cops on me, and i was glad they did. I spoke with the cops about it, they gave me an earful, but i will tell you what, it scared the living crap out of me that i had let myself do that. I actually thanked the people that called the cops. it's tough being a parent, but that doesn't give us any right to physically discipline them like this guy is doing, or like i had done.

I can understand why a parent could lose his/her composure. It happens. You had the self-awareness and maturity to examine and reflect on the "incident". In the case that I linked I get a sense that the parent is too stubborn and incapable of reflecting on how he behaved.

I have no doubt that the hardasss parent loves his daughter and believes he is doing the right thing. Usually the perpetrator was raised in a physical manner and is passing on that brutal method because that is all he knows. I just hope that this parent doesn't damage this child to the extent that it will negatively affect her for the rest of her life. I wonder how this stern and misguided man treats his wife????

I salute the woman who intervened in the store and called the police. She is very brave and compassionate. I also contend that the policeman who responded should have gotten the man's name and address and notified the child welfare department so that they could make a house call and do an assessment.

Wait....you can get in trouble for shoving your kid who is an adult? Was is just because you shoved him or was it because you're his dad?

He looks like a guy who deserves to be tazed. If he's doing that in public, you know it gets worse in private.

I wonder if he's the type of guy who is embarrassed when confronted about his behavior or if he thinks he's being a good parent. I have a daughter around the same age. I'm gonna give her a big squeezy hug when I see her tonight. This woman was right to call the police.

Edited by Cugalabanza

hell i could have been in trouble for assault, not that it was in ANY way that severe, but my son looks like he's 15

Wait....you can get in trouble for shoving your kid who is an adult? Was is just because you shoved him or was it because you're his dad?

"funny", i heard a similar statement from a helicopter pilot in tulsa :cry:

He looks like a guy who deserves to be tazed. If he's doing that in public, you know it gets worse in private.