Doug Whaley- Failure to Field a Competitive Roster

jethro_tull

Still I don't want Whaley picking our future QB.

He doesn't seem to get it when it comes to that position.

Agreed. His eye for defense seems to be keen (as Rico states above). The Taylor contract is why I'm including Whaley in my complete house-cleaning plea.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruined the roster? Really? Explain to me the plethora of "great" players we have let go on his watch. Kelvin Sheppard? Jairus Byrd? CJ Spiller? Andy Levitre? He's actually built a pretty talented roster outside of our WR position, but you don't hit on them all. The only guy I wish we still had, especially right now, is Kamar Aiken.

+1

Oh Brother. Don't you think this is a little bit revisionist? As I recall, we all went into the draft thinking we needed a pass-rushing DE, a high quality LB, and maybe a stout DT. "All" in this case would include Rex.

As I recall we all felt pretty good about the draft and the contracts that were negotiated to keep some quality players. We brought in some lower-tier vet FA on D who are looking pretty good and we rolled the dice with a bunch of OLmen who didn't work out (but at least we didn't overpay as with Williams). Shaq was a deliberate risk/reward move where they lost the toss. Whaley is not responsible for ACL tears nor players who show up fat and stoned.

Link to your off-season post showing what you identified (before the draft) as the Bills primary off-season needs that weren't met in the offseason and earn the Golden Pear of Prescience. Otherwise you stand convicted of revisionist history Grade I.

Someone apparently lit Fitz crotch hairs on fire and it only goes out when he throws long completions.

I think if you look at the game film, you will see we have guys who run good routes and get open. Sometimes more than one per play. We don't have a QB who is successfully exploiting open receivers.

This is far far from the worst problem on the roster.

This is dead on.

And yet we swept the jets last year with the same db's on the field (actually minus gilmore for the 2nd game)

Like it or not the Jets have a very good passing game. Chan and Fitz with a decent O line and some solid WR's. The set a td record last year I think.

They are a playoff team if they can stay healthy. Not built to beat the Pats tho. Too weak at secondary, Revis very mediocre these days and injury prone to boot.