urgency or lack of there of

you know which teams don't have losing seasons because of their coaches' game management? the ones with good quarterbacks.

sure, they'll drop a game here or there--the pats* should have lost to AZ on the field goal after BB inexplicably didn't call time out, lord knows andy reid is still figuring out how long a professional game is--but by and large, these issues don't keep teams out the playoffs every year.

why?

BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOOD QUARTERBACKS

good qbs help cover up warts. but if BB makes 3 mistakes a game, and we make 6.... thats an issue. and its even bigger if we are in 1-2 score games every week while the good qb more often has big leads.

good qbs help cover up warts. but if BB makes 3 mistakes a game, and we make 6.... thats an issue. and its even bigger if we are in 1-2 score games every week while the good qb more often has big leads.

well, TT is what? 2-6 now in games decided by one score.

what's brady's record?

those warts that get covered by good qb's really impact one score games, don't they?

You're worried about a possible 1st quarter field goal attempt enough to burn a challenge. Smart?

not only that, it was second down.

unless we were going to go all in on 3rd down to not just stop them before the sticks but also 5 yards prior for FG purposes -- it makes no sense. and even then its burning a challenge, and risking a timeout in order to hopefully stop them for no gain on the next play.

You're worried about a possible 1st quarter field goal attempt enough to burn a challenge. Smart?

Considering last Sunday's game was decided by 6 points - preventing a FG in the 1st quarter was important.

well, TT is what? 2-6 now in games decided by one score.

what's brady's record?

those warts that get covered by good qb's really impact one score games, don't they?

they do.

in a one score game a good qb is more likely to bail you out of the same situation.

and i am adding on top of that however that we are putting our not great qb in MORE of those bad situations week in and week out -- so it is not just a qb conversation.

i think he has the personality to do it, but i dont think roman is comfortable putting him in that role yet. im not sure on the chicken or the egg in this debate on whether roman is hamstringing tyrod, or tyrod needs to be protected.

Is Taylor the only quarterback in the league, rookies included, who cannot run a hurry-up offense? Much more likely its a symptom of Rex and Roman's time warp.

Is Taylor the only quarterback in the league, rookies included, who cannot run a hurry-up offense? Much more likely its a symptom of Rex and Roman's time warp.

i understand - i was probably the first to bring up the hurry up issue, and have been echoing those original posts for a year now.

i would LOVE to hear romans take on his qb after a few beers. i think it would sort out so many of our debates here.

i understand - i was probably the first to bring up the hurry up issue, and have been echoing those original posts for a year now.

i would LOVE to hear romans take on his qb after a few beers. i think it would sort out so many of our debates here.

It was disgusting right from opening week last season, and had not changed by week 16 against Dallas. We are on the same page, I've unfortunately punched a lot of keys on that topic.

That would be interesting, no doubt. In the same vein I'd like to hear Tyrod's unadulterated opinion of his coaching staff. He was visibly frustrated when we wasted the final minute against Dallas when we should have been attacking the endzone with urgency. The coaching staff doesn't know the basics of situational ball and it puts him in a difficult position.

How about shell shocked? Deer in headlights? When they cut to Rex on the sideline yesterday he had a look of someone who lacked control of what was happening. He looked beaten.

We fans saw that same look in 2014 on Rex Ryan's face twice during his 4-12 last season with the NY Jets.

When Schwartz's defense was either sacking Geno Smith, Mike Vick or they were intercepting them. 43-23 and 38-3 were the scores that year with Ryan as the Jets HC.

Looking back at last year I thought the team might still be not so good. I didn't see them being this bad and it's like 2014 all over again only with Ryan now on the Bills sideline. :cry:

Edited by Nihilarian

"Clown show" would be the simple answer.

And it would be correct. I mean, on a solid contending team, that can get you fired.

The OC's job is not just to showup on gameday and call plays. It is to teach (not just tell) the players to run your plays, to teach your assistants how you want the players coached, and to not call plays they cant execute to near-perfection.

One of those plays had better be the "clock" play.

"Clown show" would be right, except every time I saw Rob I thought "Redneck Santa."

i was going to reply to this post right away, but what's the rush.....

That seems to be the philosophy of the Bills offense. they look so lethargic walking up to the line just taking their sweet old time no matter what the situation. I want TT to take control of this team, but I just don't see him as a leader. It's soooo frustrating to watch.

His leadership doesn't worry me as much as his sudden inability to throw an 8 yard out pattern. it was there all night and he missed it three times.

Edited by Wagon Circler

I hate going against Rex because it hasn't been long enough to judge imo but who is to blame for the lack of hurrying back to the huddle when down by 2 TDs and 1st and goal with time wasting?

Unacceptable...

How much more do you have to see from Rex? The Jets saw plenty and that "red flag" should have been glaring. His teams are not prepared to play and they're undisciplined, he doesn't plan based on the strengths of his personnel (what he did with the steller defense of two seasons ago was criminal), his gadget plays sometimes work but that's not how you generally win games or titles, he blames everyone but himself (ex. after every penalty he stands there shaking his head), and, and, and, and ...