What's with the lack of communication.

gjv001

Before Henderson got suspended it was reported that Henderson never heard from any member of the Bills coaching staff or management during his bout with Colitis. Now we hear Rex Ryan say he hasn't spoken with Watkins since the game Sunday. Didn't they fly back to Buffalo on the same plane? If you were the head coach would you not pick up the phone and call your star receiver to see how he feels? What am I missing?

Hes busy doing Tops and Dunn Tire commercials

Lots of snacking too.

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing. Watkins is as important to this team as pretty much anyone...he is coming off a foot problem that has lasted all summer...and you didn't talk to him?

Ryan also dismissed questions about Sammy at the P/C yesterday, basically saying "I don't know guys...I'm a football coach....I'm not a doctor...you have to talk to the medical/trainer guys. They know more about all this than me."

Huh?

Before Henderson got suspended it was reported that Henderson never heard from any member of the Bills coaching staff or management during his bout with Colitis. Now we hear Rex Ryan say he hasn't spoken with Watkins since the game Sunday. Didn't they fly back to Buffalo on the same plane? If you were the head coach would you not pick up the phone and call your star receiver to see how he feels? What am I missing?

pretty sure rex mentioned he talked with staff about Sammy. as for calling him i don't find it unusual. Chances

Are because it's short week he is busy. There are walk throughs And Sammy is probabaly in the trainers room a lot.

I'll bet by now he has spoke at work with Sammy.

I forget the player but he was a starter on the pats*** awhile back. In an interview he was asked about how his relationship

With the hoody was. He relplied in his time there he never once spoke to Bellicheck. Sidelines, anywhere. Just his coordinators and position coaches. So some coaches May be more social with players. But none of them has den mother in their job description.

OK, first off, I think you're to some extent dealing with Convenient Lack of Communication. Rex uses "I haven't spoken to..." as an "out" when he doesn't want to comment. It may be literally true, but I'm betting that doesn't mean he isn't in the loop.

I also have a feeling that Rex is pretty well "hands off" on the offense. "Don't ask, don't tell" seems to be his MO. Which is great if Roman is "all that and a bag of chips" but sometimes guys who aren't HC need some checks-and-balances, like Kevin Gilbride reportedly being told by Couglin that he needed to mix up his play calling more and call more running plays during the Giants superbowl years.

Someone needs to give TT and G-Ro the strong message "Any Play where you Don't Look at Watkins and Woods is a Bad Play"

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Do you have a job? When you have an ailment and can't make it to work, do you not show up and expect them to call you? Or do you call them to update your employer