Bills vs. Ravens Postgame

26CornerBlitz

Bills drop defensive battle to Ravens 13-7

ravens-recap-story.jpg

A recap of Buffalo's season opener at Baltimore.

Rex Ryan: "It was a hard fought game" (10:30)
Head Coach Rex Ryan spoke to the media following the Bills loss to the Ravens on Sunday. Ryan discussed the difficulty of playing on the road and what the team needs to do to improve moving forward.

Full Presser: John Harbaugh: 'Our Guys Will Go To Work' (5:27)
The head coach is happy to start the season with a win and is looking ahead to the next test in Cleveland.

Full Presser: Mike Wallace On The Talented Receiver Corps (5:25)
After a big game, Mike Wallace said Steve Smith Sr. is the one who gets him fired up.

Full Presser: Joe Flacco Breaks Down Offense (5:15)
The quarterback knows there's still work to be done for the offense to find their rhythm.

Locker Room: Terrell Suggs Says Dean Pees 'Called A Hell Of A Game' (2:43)
The Ravens outside linebacker admitted he isn't yet playing at his top level after Achilles surgery, but is trending in the right direction.

@TBNSports

.@gggaughan's 10 Plays That Shaped The Game: #Bills lose leverage, un-special teams & more: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/11/10-key-plays-late-mistakes-left-bills-comeback-stuck-neutral/

CsGxknrWYAASFCI.jpg

@TBNSports

#Ravens 13, #Bills 7. @VicCarucci's Points After: http://bit.ly/2cOzlm0

CsGie8XWEAA3wJB.jpg

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: First-quarter analysis: #Bills' defense up to the task so far. Offense? Not so much: https://t.co/v0crqkiOw3

BN Blitz: Second-quarter analysis: LeSean McCoy a workhorse for #Bills https://t.co/0TpIPAS5ia

BN Blitz: Third-quarter analysis: #Bills K Dan Carpenter's strong preseason goes out the window: https://t.co/sgp8rst6On

BN Blitz: Fourth-quarter analysis: Tyrod Taylor-led offense fails to come through in the clutch for #Bills https://t.co/ejXuqHLspG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 1: Bills vs. Ravens Highlights (2:39)
Watch the Buffalo Bills take on the Baltimore Ravens Week 1 of the 2016 regular season.

Tyrod Taylor: "We can be better" (4:16)
Tyrod Taylor spoke to the media following the Bills loss to the Ravens on Sunday. Taylor discussed what it was like playing against his former team and what he's learned after facing a tough Baltimore defense.

I really want to like Rex, but some of the things he says are just puzzling and it really makes me question his coaching ability. I never thought he was a great coach, but he may be far worse than even anticipated.

All he wanted to do in the post game presser was talk about defense. The big play to Wallace for the TD, how Hughes got flagged for bogus roughing the passer, how Darby and Gilmore dropped interceptions that could of changed the game, how good of a defense BMore, how much better our defense will be this year. Defense, defense, and more defense.

WTF game was he watching. He's the HEAD coach, not the D coordinator.

ALL I wanted to hear out of his mouth was....we struggled on offense today. When you hold your opponent to 13 points you expect to win. We had too many negative plays on offense that killed drives. We probably should of taken more shots downfield. We need to and will make adjustments on offense. We need to get Sammy involved more.

So, yeah, perhaps Rex is just a D coordinator disguised as a head coach. He certainly acts like it and it's hard to stomach. A head coach needs to oversee all 3 phases of the game, and I just don't think he gets it.

I really want to like Rex, but some of the things he says are just puzzling and it really makes me question his coaching ability. I never thought he was a great coach, but he may be far worse than even anticipated.

All he wanted to do in the post game presser was talk about defense. The big play to Wallace for the TD, how Hughes got flagged for bogus roughing the passer, how Darby and Gilmore dropped interceptions that could of changed the game, how good of a defense BMore, how much better our defense will be this year. Defense, defense, and more defense.

ALL I wanted to hear out of his mouth was....we struggled on offense today. When you hold your opponent to 13 points you expect to win. We had too many negative plays on offense that killed drives. We probably should of taken more shots downfield. We need to and will make adjustments on offense. We need to get Sammy involved more.

So, yeah, perhaps Rex is just a D coordinator disguised as a head coach. He certainly acts like it and it's hard to stomach. A head coach needs to oversee all 3 phases of the game, and I just don't think he gets it.

He's not going to throw Roman under the bus.

@TWCNewsBuffalo

IN DEPTH VIDEO: Bills Lose to Ravens, 13-7. @salsports and @JonTWCNews recap the loss. http://bit.ly/2ciESRW?cid=twitter_TWCNewsBuffalo

CsG_KMWUkAAw4Ev.jpg

LeSean McCoy: "Just couldn't find that rhythm" (3:35)
LeSean McCoy spoke to the media following the Bills loss to the Ravens on Sunday. McCoy discussed the challenges Baltimore's defensive alignments posed for the team on offense and how the team plans to bounce back for week 2.

Preston Brown (2:15)
Preston Brown spoke to the media following the Bills loss to the Ravens on Sunday. Brown discussed the importance of getting better each week and how to bounce back from the mistakes made on defense.

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: #Bills Notebook: Aaron Williams returns to the lineup, but not as a starter

https://t.co/PVjsJkLK3b

@LegerDouzable

On to the Jets, I guarantee this team will come out on fire and ready to play Thursday. #BillsMafia

Do love a good old fashioned guarantee. Always works out so well

Last year, when the offense emerged all credit was given to Roman. Absolutely no credit was given to Rex. I'm all for a good Rex hating post, but this comes off as hypocritical more than anything. When the offense succeeds he is not allowed credit, when it fails, he must take accountability.

Rex IS a glorified defensive coordinator. It's been the downfall of his HC career thus far. Last year was the aberration and certainly much more damning when you fail so miserably at your greatest strength. Still, aberration. More likely than not, Rex will revert to the same issues he had in New York. He will turn this group of defensive scrubs into a top 10 unit. He will bolster about the success in turning it around. We will not see progression from the offense. At which point our base will start attacking him for the offenses issues just like the New York media did. Rightfully so when you have the title of HC.

Last year, when the offense emerged all credit was given to Roman. Absolutely no credit was given to Rex. I'm all for a good Rex hating post, but this comes off as hypocritical more than anything. When the offense succeeds he is not allowed credit, when it fails, he must take accountability.

Rex IS a glorified defensive coordinator. It's been the downfall of his HC career thus far. Last year was the aberration and certainly much more damning when you fail so miserably at your greatest strength. Still, aberration. More likely than not, Rex will revert to the same issues he had in New York. He will turn this group of defensive scrubs into a top 10 unit. He will bolster about the success in turning it around. We will not see progression from the offense. At which point our base will start attacking him for the offenses issues just like the New York media did. Rightfully so when you have the title of HC.

I've always wondered if the Roman praise was self-created. I never thought the SanFran offense was considered anything special.

With that, Rex is the defense and leave the offense to Roman. However, Rex is still responsible for penalties, tempo, and overall atmosphere.

I equally blame them both today

The offense had EVERYONE back for a second year. It looked like they just met in the parking lot before the game. They are very bad.

I agree.

There is no excuse for today's performance.

Why do we use up so much of the play clock before we snap the ball? Why do we still burn time outs during inopportune moments?

I've always wondered if the Roman praise was self-created. I never thought the SanFran offense was considered anything special.

With that, Rex is the defense and leave the offense to Roman. However, Rex is still responsible for penalties, tempo, and overall atmosphere.

I equally blame them both today

I know a lot of SF fans called for his head, specifically for his passing game or lack of it. His route tree is not very developed and he does a very poor job creating space in the passing game. Sort of the anti Chan....

Coming up with Harbaugh, doing some unique things in the NFL with the run game, helped turn a scrub in CK into a guy who played in multiple super bowls. I think all contributed to the Roman brand. I do think he gets notoriety he may not deserve. Harbaugh was an offensive mind and likely got his hands dirty on that side of the ball. Now it's all on Roman to make it work.

Still, if my primary goal is pounding the rock, he has to be my top choice. Only problem is, I'm not sure that should be the primary goal. It's a passing league and he wants to buck the trend. Sometimes that can pay off, sometimes not.

Agree with everything you said as far today. Spot on.