So Wentz will suck; Donahoe was driving force 4 drafting him

Reed83HOF

A pro style system and making line calls/audibles is a big plus and does help prepare a QB for the NFL. I agree with that. But there's so much Wentz needs to work on before he starts an NFL game. He has the physical attributes you look for in a QB an he looked great from the pocket and on first reads in college, but his knocks were that he was slow to process, had accuracy issues past 20 yards and couldn't find receivers once he was moved from the pocket. He was usually late on his second read and never got to his third even when the first two were covered. I was really impressed with Philly when the said they'd sit him his whole first season. That was the right move for Wentz. But I guess the Iggles gotta Iggles, as they say. Starting him from game 1 is going to put Philly into contention for the worst team in the league this season.

Boom!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wentz could still suck. TBD land. Where the verdict is in on both Goff and Wentz one week into each of their careers.

Agreed, one game does not make a career. Wentz, Garrappolo et el still have plenty of time to show they suck. The road to greatness is littered with one game wonders. Rob Johnson , anyone?

Donahoe and Russ Brandon were good friend when he was here. Rumors say that he called Russ and asked him to watch some tape on him and make a recommendation. So not only was Donahoe the driving force, it was on the recommendation of Brandon. Wentz may turn out to be worse than Ryan Leaf.