Regarding the Kaepernick discussion...

SDS

I agree with all of this. For TBD, it was one of the most civil off-topic political discussions I've ever seen here.

It was fine. I appreciate the time mods put in, but that shouldn't be the only requirement. There needs to be some ability to read the situation. This one was not out of hand, at all.

And, like somebody above, I'm wondering why it got totally blown up, and not just left in PPP.

I'm not trying to start trouble but it was a mod that decided it was out of hand - but only to those that he personally disagreed with. I honestly believe that was the only issue in the thread. It fired up a lot of people because they feel he over used his power. JMO.

Thanks SDS and mods. It seemed like it stayed on the main board longer than I expected, but usually these kinds of discussions end up having to be moved, and I think it makes sense. It's not football. As I've gotten older I've realized there are a lot of places on the Internet that don't give me high blood pressure, and I'm better off avoiding the places that do.