Is Quinton Coples about to become a Bill?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Jets fan here so feel free to ignore me) Q is a pretty talented player but he seems way too laid back. Rex had a hard time getting him motivated and Bowles couldn't get him to perform in a contract year. His production does not match his talent and that will frustrate you to no end. Good depth pickup if you need it.

That was the knock on him coming out of college as well if memory serves.. Super talented and athletic but lacks motivation at times.

Tim-

(Jets fan here so feel free to ignore me) Q is a pretty talented player but he seems way too laid back. Rex had a hard time getting him motivated and Bowles couldn't get him to perform in a contract year. His production does not match his talent and that will frustrate you to no end. Good depth pickup if you need it.

thanks for the input! Stick around and chat with us from time to time

Yes Mario was the root of all the problems on defense.

Mario clearly have a half assed effort, but he did what he was asked for the most part in taking up blockers.

He had 19 tackles as a hybrid DE/OLB. He was not doing his or anyone's job well...

Per PFF:

He managed only 37 combined pressures in 507 rushes, ranking fourth from bottom in pass-rushing productivity. Williams’ 42.5 pass-rush grade helped him to 93rd in our overall edge defender rankings.

Well, the Rams are loaded in the D line.....so a castoff there might still have talent. I am a little tired of looking for Jets retreads though.........Rex D is like a Swiss watch, and hard to learn apparently. In the end, though, the reason not to sign him....as indicated above, is the lack of fire in the belly.......its lots easier to tone a player down (see J Hughes)...than it is to jack them up.

Agreed, I would prefer to tame a tiger than prod cattle!

Motivation was a problem at UNC as well and was the issue in the pre-draft conversation. Thing is I recall he could switch it on and dominate when he felt like it. Then he would go back and disappear for stretches. Sounds like maybe the same guy today.

Or Mario, but, Coples is not in Mario's class

He had 19 tackles as a hybrid DE/OLB. He was not doing his or anyone's job well...

Per PFF:

He managed only 37 combined pressures in 507 rushes, ranking fourth from bottom in pass-rushing productivity. Williams 42.5 pass-rush grade helped him to 93rd in our overall edge defender rankings.

That sounds about right for the effort we saw.

• 2 weeks later...

In other words if he gets some steroids? :D

I think he can add 20-40 lbs, but only about half of that will be muscle (if he doesn't juice), and that's okay--the hope is that he'll be able to maintain his speed with some added fat.

hey man as long as he gets it done without getting a wellness violation its none of my business! :ph34r: