Kevon Seymour's technique is impressive

Cover 1

I broke down his film from the Colts game on Cover 1, and I know it is the preseason but his man cover techniques are impressive. Add that to his physical talents and the Bills could have struck gold.. I think he could play the slot corner position..Reports are that he has taken a few snaps there, thoughts?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be able to handle the slot corner position if his play against the run can improve...my opinion, as of now, is that he should be the primary backup on the boundary.

If NRC were to miss any time, I think I'd bring Seymour into the game in nickel situations on the boundary and kick Darby into the slot.

He may be able to handle the slot corner position if his play against the run can improve...my opinion, as of now, is that he should be the primary backup on the boundary.

If NRC were to miss any time, I think I'd bring Seymour into the game in nickel situations on the boundary and kick Darby into the slot.

If this kid is for real, and with Darby, do you think there is any way we can pay Gilmore? I sure hope so.

If this kid is for real, and with Darby, do you think there is any way we can pay Gilmore? I sure hope so.

Absolutely.

Darby isn't eligible for a new deal until after 2017 at the earliest (due to CBA restrictions), and Seymour isn't eligible for a new deal until after 2018.

With the contract structure I've proposed for Gilmore, he'd be guaranteed to be here through 2018 at least, and a contract extension for Darby wouldn't kick in until after 2018 anyway.

Absolutely.

Darby isn't eligible for a new deal until after 2017 at the earliest (due to CBA restrictions), and Seymour isn't eligible for a new deal until after 2018.

With the contract structure I've proposed for Gilmore, he'd be guaranteed to be here through 2018 at least, and a contract extension for Darby wouldn't kick in until after 2018 anyway.

Agreed. A nice cheap group for a while

I don't think u lose or gain vs run betw he and Robey.

When I re-watched that game I texted my sons saying how great he looked. And on the very next play he got called for PI. I feel responsible for that. My bad....

Check the site I did a video breakdown but I am not allowed to post it. U will love it.

I don't think u lose or gain vs run betw he and Robey.

Probably not--you would most likely lose blitzing ability.

My overarching point was that I think Darby is probably the best suited slot corner on the team aside from Robey, and that I think Seymour is better suited to the boundary than he is to the slot, but again that's up for debate.

My overarching point was that I think Darby is probably the best suited slot corner on the team aside from Robey, and that I think Seymour is better suited to the boundary than he is to the slot, but again that's up for debate.

I will tell you this, the fact that we can actually *have* this debate, is phenomenal! I can remember some very lean years when it came to Corners / DBs and to have potentially FOUR that can play and maintain similar quality of coverage / abilities, is FANTASTIC! Additionally, while DW has struggled in certain areas or positions, if Seymour continues to progress (and that's a big if), his prowess for DBs is outstanding.

Yeah that could b true. After breaking down Seymours technique I think Darby and Seymour r similar. Either way vs 11 personnel I want Gils Darby and Seymoir out there. Love our DBs this year. Check the video out he's impressive.

Robey 27 pass rushes 1 Sk 4 pressures 2015. Not much either way.

Edited by TurnerE

His size is a huge benefit. As good as Darby (and Robey-Coleman at times) have been, they are vulnerable with certain WRs and TEs due to their stature.

I read somewhere he's 6'0" but only 170 lbs. Could that be right? That's a skinny NFL player!

I read somewhere he's 6'0" but only 170 lbs. Could that be right? That's a skinny NFL player!

gilmore is 6 foot 190.

Could have a nice opportunity to trade gilmore after the year if this kid pans out. could get a nice first for him.

• Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 186
  • Arm Length: 30¾"
  • Hand Size: 9"
  • 10 Yard Dash: 1.55
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.39
  • Bench Press: 12
  • Vertical Jump: 35"
  • Broad Jump: 124"
  • 20 Yard Shuttle: 4.18

View all prospects from the 2016 draft class

gilmore is 6 foot 190.

Could have a nice opportunity to trade gilmore after the year if this kid pans out. could get a nice first for him.

Good grief no.

To start, you need 3 starting-caliber corners in this league, or teams will pick you apart. Add to that the fact that only Gilmore would be making starting-corner money through 2018 at the earliest, and then consider that NRC's contract only runs through 2017--there's no reason to let any of their corners go, let alone their #1.

We are really good at drafting dbs and have been for a long lite.Anyone watch the Eagles Steelers last nite.Ron Brooks and Ross Cockrel are both starters for the steelers and Leodis Mcalvin is starting for the Eagles all players we got rid of.... Arthur Moats and Dustin what's his name our practice squad qb was playing..also the Eagles have Jason Peters and I think another ex bill player was playing in that game