2016 NFL Preseason Week 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... what am I looking for in Week 2?

Separation in the receiver battle..... Walt Powell and Jarret Boykin were the two who seemed to further their cause against the Colts as the order behind the top two continues to be a jumble. There is talk of Sammy getting a few snaps tonight... so that might give us some clues... if they line up 3 wides when Sammy and Woods are out there who gets the first look in the other spot? Is it Goodwin in the slot or does someone get a shot outside with Woods in the slot? Not sure if Salas is healthy but if he isn't he is missing opportunities to nail down his spot and leaving it open for others coming up behind.

The backup interior offensive line job.... ​I thought Velasco was a lock for this job right up until last weekend. His performance looked bad first time around and brutal when I watched it back. He is in a serious fight for a roster spot at this stage... tonight is a chance for Ryan Groy to take another step towards securing his spot on the 53.

Seymour.... The kid has done nothing but impress so far. Looks likely to get the start at nickel tonight. Perform well and that becomes one of the intriguing position battles of the last week of camp. If we have really found a guy in the late rounds who can be the starting nickel and have the versatility to slide out onto the boundary if anything happens to Gilmore or Darby then that is like playing with house money.

The 2nd string defensive tackles.... ​Corbin Bryant is not ​Marcel Dareus but he is a fine football player in his own right and the Bills line whilst unquestionably getting worse will not become a disaster for that change. But there is a big chance now for the guys behind the established 4 of Dareus, Kyle, Corbin and Washington. The Bills will not have to carry Dareus on the roster for the first 4 weeks so opportunity knocks for Worthy, Zimmer, Walker, Deaderick and Douzable. There are jobs to be won... and one of those guys will be the primary backup going into week 1.

So.... what am I looking for in Week 2?

Separation in the receiver battle..... Walt Powell and Jarret Boykin were the two who seemed to further their cause against the Colts as the order behind the top two continues to be a jumble. There is talk of Sammy getting a few snaps tonight... so that might give us some clues... if they line up 3 wides when Sammy and Woods are out there who gets the first look in the other spot? Is it Goodwin in the slot or does someone get a shot outside with Woods in the slot? Not sure if Salas is healthy but if he isn't he is missing opportunities to nail down his spot and leaving it open for others coming up behind.

The backup interior offensive line job.... ​I thought Velasco was a lock for this job right up until last weekend. His performance looked bad first time around and brutal when I watched it back. He is in a serious fight for a roster spot at this stage... tonight is a chance for Ryan Groy to take another step towards securing his spot on the 53.

Seymour.... The kid has done nothing but impress so far. Looks likely to get the start at nickel tonight. Perform well and that becomes one of the intriguing position battles of the last week of camp. If we have really found a guy in the late rounds who can be the starting nickel and have the versatility to slide out onto the boundary if anything happens to Gilmore or Darby then that is like playing with house money.

The 2nd string defensive tackles.... ​Corbin Bryant is not ​Marcel Dareus but he is a fine football player in his own right and the Bills line whilst unquestionably getting worse will not become a disaster for that change. But there is a big chance now for the guys behind the established 4 of Dareus, Kyle, Corbin and Washington. The Bills will not have to carry Dareus on the roster for the first 4 weeks so opportunity knocks for Worthy, Zimmer, Walker, Deaderick and Douzable. There are jobs to be won... and one of those guys will be the primary backup going into week 1.

in this game I want to see our DBs vs their WRs. Sterling Sheppard has been predictably impressive in this offense. Obj is obj. Not sure if Cruz is playing.

I watched that Temple victory over Penn State and the kid made a couple of clutch contested catches on 3rd downs. I was a fan from that moment. The college kids who can make catches in space and go the distance... there is a bundle of. Kids who can use their body and catch the ball on 3rd down... they are the ones that tend to catch my eye.

Edited by GunnerBill

Really? I thought he looked useless against the Bears starters. He came on strong when the scrubs came on.

So far I just watched the first Cheats* drive--two hand offs and an incomplete short pass thrown behind Dobson. From the timing in the box score, it does look like his stats came largely after the Bears starters were out.

I did, however, watch the first 2 Bears series and they absolutely lit up the Pats* D, which was supposed to be good this year. The first two series yielded 11 points in the first quarter. Sheard didn't play, but most other starters did. Something tells me they're going to miss Jones and Easely up front more than Belicheat thought....

I watched that Temple victory over Penn State and the kid made a couple of clutch contested catches on 3rd downs. I was a fan from that moment. The college kids who can make catches in space and go the distance... there is a bundle of. Kids who can use their body and catch the ball on 3rd down... they are the ones that tend to catch my eye.

Absolutely. It's why I've liked guys like Devin Funchess and De'Runnya Wilson. Not players for every occasion but they have an intuitive feel for dealing with contact and placing their bodies between the ball and the defender.

Anderson's concentration and hand/eye coordination are off the charts. He's built for sustainable drives, something the Bills struggled with so much last year.

Anyone catch the Arizona/Chargers game? Palmer looked just as bad as he did to finish the season.

i did not, but read about it. Everybody has that game as a L for the Bills,est to East, Palmer falling off...we have a great shot to win that game.

I am trying to find a place to bet that game now, have never done that before.Bovada no go...any one with suggestions?

i did not, but read about it. Everybody has that game as a L for the Bills,est to East, Palmer falling off...we have a great shot to win that game.

I am trying to find a place to bet that game now, have never done that before.Bovada no go...any one with suggestions?

Don't do it bro. They added Chandler Jones and Ndemiche to rush the passer. Cards are skrong.

Mario looks even worse than he did last year

There's a chance maybe Mario fell off. Or there's a chance that a veteran is doing the Bruce Smith preseason thing in game 2 of a stupidly long preseason.

Anyone catch the Arizona/Chargers game? Palmer looked just as bad as he did to finish the season.

I put little to no stock into the performance of good veteran players in preseason.

Palmer's only job is to stay healthy until the regular season.

Don't do it bro. They added Chandler Jones and Ndemiche to rush the passer. Cards are skrong.

I don't know. They haven't been racking up preseason sacks. Busts!

We also have extra prep/rest time after our Thursday home opener. I like our chances