Aaron Williams Wants Fred Jackson Back; Do you?

Agreed. As a player there's much more downside than upside to bringing him back in. Imagine the Bills signing him only to cut him when Karlos comes back. That'd be ugly.

has to be done just right. and scripted. this is where Russ shines

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! Let him retire a Bill!

That's exactly what I'd want. Hardly ever ever run the ball. Come in on third down in spot duty to block and/or catch passes - something he did to my surprise very well last year.

He's been a monster both blocking and catching passes during his career.

Hell no. I'm convinced the biggest reason he was jettisoned last season -other than eroding skills- was because he represented the worst era of Bills play in history, while achieving adoration from team and fans alike for never quitting. He was a team spokesman and League recognized team representative.

New owners, new coaching staff, improved stadium says 'change is Necessary'. It helped that his best days were behind him.

If the brass released him earlier, I don't think there'd be half the crying that still remains here.

He'll make the WOF someday.

I hope not. Jackson was very good, never great. The WOF is reserved for the great.

I hope not. Jackson was very good, never great. The WOF is reserved for the great.

Hmmm.

Fred epitomized what i wanted the Bills to be.

Never give up

110%

Lead by example.

Great character on and off the field.

Head down and grind everygame.

Loves/ed Buffalo.

I always always rooted for him.

Lets not think about how it ended here.

Lets think about that hit on JJ Watt his last season in a losing effort and remember him that way

Maybe my favorite player as a whole package.

Hmmm.

Never give up

110%

Lead by example.

Loves/ed Buffalo.

Lets think about that hit on JJ Watt his last season in a losing effort and remember him that way

Again all those things are very good, not great. If everyone got put on the wall for superior effort and leadership we'd be out of wall space

I do not put him in the same sentence as Thurman, Kelly, Smith, Reed.

Edited by CountDorkula

Hmmm.

Never give up

110%

Lead by example.

Loves/ed Buffalo.

I'm with you.

Fred had the misfortune of playing behind bad lines on bad teams. In his prime, he was one of the league leaders in yards after contact. His stats would look so much better if he actually got yards BEFORE contact.

Good-to-great runner, blocker, pass receiver, leader... and a high effort, high character guy.

I'm all in favor of putting Fred on the WOF.

Again all those things are very good, not great. If everyone got put on the wall for superior effort and leadership we'd be out of wall space

I do not put him in the same sentence as Thurman, Kelly, Smith, Reed.

I understand your perspective.

But i want him up there for his heart.

I'm with you.

Fred had the misfortune of playing behind bad lines on bad teams. In his prime, he was one of the league leaders in yards after contact. His stats would look so much better if he actually got yards BEFORE contact.

Good-to-great runner, blocker, pass receiver, leader... and a high effort, high character guy.

I'm all in favor of putting Fred on the WOF.

Thats one of the things that made him exciting for me. The line breaks down and all of sudden Fred is squeaking by. And its seems he always knew where the first down marker was and would will himself to it.

I could go on and on.

But i am derailing the thread again !!

One of the reasons Tyrod will improve is his stable of running backs. directly and in a roundabout manner too

If I was building an all-time Buffalo Bills all-star team my backs would be:

HB: OJ, Thurman, Freddie

FB: Cookie

This would be just awesome!

Thurman, Lynch, McCoy

They don't need to be popular, they need to be better than everyone else.

I don't have OJ because F&*$ him.

Is it arguable that he has one of the greatest stories in Bills history?

Story yes. Production and talent, no.

I love FJ, how can you not, he is everything you want a player to be in terms of all the intangibles.

He barely ranks in the top 100 in yards for an NFL running back of all time.

In their Prime I would take several other Bills running backs over FJ. Regardless of how much they were liked/disliked and their story.

@ajwilliams23

#BillsMafia RT if you think we should be signing @Fred22Jackson back. Fav. if it's ridiculous that it hasn't happened yet 1f914.png#MakeItHappen

Benefits for Whaley:

Respect and gratitude from all the fans for being humble.

(Remember how happy people were about Moorman)
Respect and gratitude from the players.
Increased ticket sales especially at the end of the year if we aren't going to playoffs.
Increased Jersey Sales.
We need Running Back depth.
We need our leader back.
He does so much for the community it would be great to keep him there.

If I was building an all-time Buffalo Bills all-star team my backs would be:

HB: OJ, Thurman, Freddie

FB: Cookie

This would be just awesome!

gotta have Cookie !

Benefits for Whaley:

Respect and gratitude from all the fans for being humble.

(Remember how happy people were about Moorman)
Respect and gratitude from the players.
Increased ticket sales especially at the end of the year if we aren't going to playoffs.
Increased Jersey Sales.
We need Running Back depth.
We need our leader back.
He does so much for the community it would be great to keep him there.

methinks Fred will not play under whaley

Dougie fresh would have to admit a mistake

i agree with your thinking.

But i feel the One day and retire will be the way to go out with grace

Thurman, Lynch, McCoy

They don't need to be popular, they need to be better than everyone else.

I don't have OJ because F&*$ him.

Story yes. Production and talent, no.

I love FJ, how can you not, he is everything you want a player to be in terms of all the intangibles.

He barely ranks in the top 100 in yards for an NFL running back of all time.

In their Prime I would take several other Bills running backs over FJ. Regardless of how much they were liked/disliked and their story.

This confuses me

gotta have Cookie !

methinks Fred will not play under whaley

Dougie fresh would have to admit a mistake

i agree with your thinking.

But i feel the One day and retire will be the way to go out with grace

This confuses me

Mistake? Karlos Williams and Mike Gilislee (SP?) both played better than FJ. There was no mistake, it was the right call.

OJ is in a category all by himself. I want the Bills to get as much distance from OJ's name as possible.

With that respect, he was a phenomenal player, but again F&(^% him.

Edited by CountDorkula

Mistake? Karlos Williams and Mike Gilislee (SP?) both played better than FJ. There was no mistake, it was the right call.

OJ is in a category all by himself. I want the Bills to get as much distance from OJ's name as possible.

With that respect, he was a phenomenal player, but again F&(^% him.

Maybe you misunderstand me on this.

Doug released him.

If he brought him back, it would be admission of a mistake by him.

I was not saying Cutting releasing Fred was a mistake. Obviously I am a homer. But that is not what i meant.

Whaley will never bring him back to play. thats my opinion

Karlos did play better and so did Touchdown Mike. Under a new Coach and new O line btw. Under Marrone i dont think anyone would have done as well

Hey Aaron...How about you worry about playing and let the GM worry about building a 53 man roster. Who gives a **** what you think or want. STFU!

Decaf.

I am sure if Aaron was not being political correct (and had more of your crass) and you posted that on twitter his response would be "Who gives a **** what you think or want nobody?. Go back to snorting lighter fluid or whatever you are using for brain fuel. STFU!!"

I was re-watching one of Seatlles' playoff games on the NFL Network a week or so ago. At one point, Freddy had a nice little 7 yard, or so, first down reception. The color analyst went on to say that while speaking to Seahawks people during the week, although Fred did little early in the season, he was starting to have a bigger role in the offense, and (predictably I suppose) Pete Carroll raved about his leadership qualities. They also mentioned what a difficult position he was in, joining a new team, right at the beginning of the season...not knowing the whole offense, etc etc...naturally, coaches are going to guys they trust know their system, over a new guy who has had no time, really, to adjust to his new surroundings, and new offense.

I am not normally one to want to go back to the past, but let me ask this: If Fred had never played for the Biils, lets say he had spent most of his career with the Lions, or some other moribund team...the Bills have a need for a some running back help...they sign Fred who has been cut by the Lions. I would bet, most here would think it was a "decent" signing. Lets' not hold his Bills past, against him. Does he have less to offer than, say, Boom Herron or James Wilder?

I think Fred could work picking up blitzes, situational runs, out of the backfield receptions, and as a mentor. Most of all retiring a Bill. I would hope the Pegulas would intervene, since they understand the community more, and Fred's place here.

The issue as many has addressed is the veteran minimum salary - it becomes too high and with part time role players. As a blitz pickup player he is valuable but with Tyrod's style of running and shucking I think he'd have trouble contributing as much as Fred would want.

I doubt Fred would entertain an offer from the Bills due to bad blood he had on the way out. He obviously thought he had some unwritten promise.

Its a sticky situation isnt it?

Fred had issues with Whaley, Fred had issues with McCoy a few years ago.

He is a good third down back. He blocks well and gets the first downs when needed. Not a big role and Im sure not a big salary wanted. Get er done Pegula. Right your wrong!

I talked to Fred 2 or 3 weeks ago at my son's soccer game his kids were playing toi... He's still a great guy and active in the community. I didn't pry into what his plans were but wish him the best wherever life takes him.

Deep down, I would love to see him sign and contribute in the playoffs. He's been one of my favorite bills it just seems right, but the realist in me knows its probably water under the bridge