Neo Nazi's vs Sacramento Bro's. Ozy, are you okay ?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/26/several_people_stabbed_as_neo_nazis_clash_with_counter_protesters_in_sacramento.html?client=safari#

"The California branch of the Traditionalist Workers Party had been planning the march for a while and were apparently ready for the clashes. The group wrote on its website: After carefully weighing the pros and cons, we have decided that this would be our Thermopylae, no matter what it costs or what it takes the march will go on!.

Thermopylae! Almost was.

Flags make a decent weapon in Cali.

https://twitter.com/abc10frances/status/747139514246672384

Edited by Ryan L Billz

They're not Nazis. They're !@#$ed up, but they're not Nazis. Or even fascists.

Nice headline, too. "Neo-Nazis" clashed with "counter-protesters." Except the "neo-Nazis" who are merely garden-variety right-wing wackos were marching peacefully when they were attacked by anarchists. Headline certainly implies the exact opposite, doesn't it?

Nice headline, too. "Neo-Nazis" clashed with "counter-protesters." Except the "neo-Nazis" who are merely garden-variety right-wing wackos were marching peacefully when they were attacked by anarchists. Headline certainly implies the exact opposite, doesn't it?

Take it up with Daniel at Slate. He's the labeler here.

Everyone in the park is probably a wackjob. Too many wackos and too many causes for me.

From the lack of modifier, it's easy to figure out which side was doing the stabbing.

What we need is a "purge" style safe space. Everything in this park is legal!!!

Careful, in today's world (and on this board) ANY criticism of the media reports, or pointing out any flaws in what happened,

will be treated as "support" for the (so called) nazis.

Its their fallback response and they have nothing else.

Besides,

in the Obama years, it once again has become acceptable to respond to speech you don’t like with violence.

I don't think Hitler was mentioned this much when he was alive.

What do you mean when he was alive?? Hitler is still alive living in South America. He escaped in a German submarine and is still living. He's very old now and his health is failing. He probably won't be around much longer. A lot of people don't know this but the bodies found in Germany were NOT Hitler and Eva. Hitler had his escape well planned in advance and made it to South America. He had people who were loyal to him helping him hide all these years. :devil::ph34r::o

What do you mean when he was alive?? Hitler is still alive living in South America. He escaped in a German submarine and is still living. He's very old now and his health is failing. He probably won't be around much longer. A lot of people don't know this but the bodies found in Germany were NOT Hitler and Eva. Hitler had his escape well planned in advance and made it to South America. He had people who were loyal to him helping him hide all these years. :devil::ph34r::o

Tonight on the History© channel...

Race is such a sensitive subject here. Not especially for me, but it is for some - and maybe rightly so.

I've been watching some of the cnn coverage of this today. Interesting scenario. A couple thoughts, in no particular order (hehe):

1. Please let's not conflate the ideology of black pride, etc. with the "white pride" movement as it's articulated by some white nationalist groups today. Many of the white nationalist groups (I'll stop just short of saying "all"), advocate full physical separation of the races in segmented, geographically distinct parts of the country. Other more militant groups under the banner of "white pride" advocate for a full on "race war" to determine racial supremacy. As !@#$ed up as the black pride, black panther, blm movements have been in many instances and as misguided ideologically as they tend to be, I don't see a lot of racial separation talk articulated as part of their ideological platform. It's typically around a sense or longing for equality that they feel is unattainable and institutionally kept from them. Each has an agenda though - there is no denying that. But arguably, when you look at the apotheoses of both, they are different to a degree that I think can only really be understood exponentionally.

And that's just real my nigs.

2. Keep it in perspective though, I'm all about any group's right to assemble peaceably and exercise their first amendment right of free speech in order to accomplish that publicly. That is just about about as essential as it gets to the type of robust political dialog that the founders specified as essential to a free and vibrant republic. If you don't like what Joe is talking about, argue your contrasting views in a similar forum and let trustees and democracy dictate what's "right" and what's not, rather than sticks and fists. I may not like what you say but I'll advocate completely for your right to say it. **** you can call my black ass a "niggggger" to my face and I'm good with it as long as you're courteous and say the **** politely.

It appears that this traditionalist party group was assembling to spread their message in a peaceable fashion and in the designated public forum as according to their permit. Unfortunately, some folks who held views contrary to that group decided that they wanted to be the legislators of what types of views it is that people should hold. They should have stayed away from the traditionalist party's march if they didn't like the message articulated during that march. Instead the protestors of the march caused a conflict which resulted in overt criminal behavior.

It saddens me that people can't express their thoughts - wayward, offensive, separatist or otherwise - without others feeling the need to suppress those thoughts if they don't agree.

Edited by Juror#8

Careful, in today's world (and on this board) ANY criticism of the media reports, or pointing out any flaws in what happened,

will be treated as "support" for the (so called) nazis.

Its their fallback response and they have nothing else.

Besides,

in the Obama years, it once again has become acceptable to respond to speech you dont like with violence.[/size]

.[/size]

I fully support their right to assemble and march. I think it's great actually. ****, at least they care. They were marching and assembling peacefully. Maybe that makes me "bad" that I support their right to march and speak their ideology to others. In fact I think that they should assemble again in multiple places across the nation and have the full support of law enforcement present to protect them from bubble heads and criminals who want to encroach upon their first amendment privileges.

I also like Obama and think that he is a really nice guy who loves this country. I know someone in the military, a republican, who has met him in his professional capacity on a few occasions and he shares my complimentary opinion about the president as a man and a citizen despite their ideological differences. I know others who have worked around the Whitehouse in various capacities and they have nothing but really nice and complimentary things to say about him. He is a good man and a good American.

I'll even go as far as to say that if you met him, and could talk with him, you would actually like him because the odd veneer of partisan cable news and talking heads and boogeymanism that has come to define our politics wouldn't be the sole conduit through which you're getting to know your president.

Edited by Juror#8

In response J#8

-You cannot treat White pride as an abomination, and say Black pride is commendable, when they act the exact same way. (although only one has been allowed to do so with little consequence recently.)

1) Go to the Mizzou/liberal protest thread and read all the articles from BLM calling for segregated facilities and a race war. Get on Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc and listen to blatantly racist remarks being openly supported by the MSM, with the excuse that minorities are incapable of being oppressive.... and tell us again that it's mostly a peaceful ideological difference.

There are no shouts for "equality" ...only screams for "justice."

Even when asked for demands, BLM groups have refused to negotiate (or reiterated vague manifestos) stating that nothing short of eliminating western civilization itself will do. Try explaining "white privilege" without sounding insane.

2) Despite the rhetoric, only the mainstream left has tried to justify these violent acts as the "price" of social justice. How many times has the MSM told the public that harsh words were the cause of the riots? It's Trumps fault for speaking in that city... "let them loot, it's only property."

Why is it okay to say "extreme neo-natzi white supremicist", but not "radical islamic terrorist?" when one even defined himself as such.?

Why was imprisonment justified for someone spewing racist threats, but was dismissed as a youthful prank when it was revealed to be a hoax? (multiple times)

The conclusion seems to be that free speech should always be celebrated whenever it promotes the liberal ideology, even if it comes in the form of violence.

...and Obama agrees.

I fully support their right to assemble and march. I think it's great actually. ****, at least they care. They were marching and assembling peacefully. Maybe that makes me "bad" that I support their right to march and speak their ideology to others. In fact I think that they should assemble again in multiple places across the nation and have the full support of law enforcement present to protect them from bubble heads and criminals who want to encroach upon their first amendment privileges.

I also like Obama and think that he is a really nice guy who loves this country. I know someone in the military, a republican, who has met him in his professional capacity on a few occasions and he shares my complimentary opinion about the president as a man and a citizen despite their ideological differences. I know others who have worked around the Whitehouse in various capacities and they have nothing but really nice and complimentary things to say about him. He is a good man and a good American.

I'll even go as far as to say that if you met him, and could talk with him, you would actually like him because the odd veneer of partisan cable news and talking heads and boogeymanism that has come to define our politics wouldn't be the sole conduit through which you're getting to know your president.

There is just as high a percentage of crazy black "separatists" as crazy white "separatists", especially in the younger demographics. The media refuses to cover that angle of the story because it doesn't fit their manipulative narrative.

President Obama could be a peach of a man but he's been an obamanation as the leader of the free world. It's hard to believe anyone could be more incompetent than his predecessor but he managed to move right to the top of the podium.

In response J#8

-You cannot treat White pride as an abomination, and say Black pride is commendable, when they act the exact same way. (although only one has been allowed to do so with little consequence recently.)

1) Go to the Mizzou/liberal protest thread and read all the articles from BLM calling for segregated facilities and a race war. Get on Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc and listen to blatantly racist remarks being openly supported by the MSM, with the excuse that minorities are incapable of being oppressive.... and tell us again that it's mostly a peaceful ideological difference.

There are no shouts for "equality" ...only screams for "justice."

Even when asked for demands, BLM groups have refused to negotiate (or reiterated vague manifestos) stating that nothing short of eliminating western civilization itself will do. Try explaining "white privilege" without sounding insane.

2) Despite the rhetoric, only the mainstream left has tried to justify these violent acts as the "price" of social justice. How many times has the MSM told the public that harsh words were the cause of the riots? It's Trumps fault for speaking in that city... "let them loot, it's only property."

Why is it okay to say "extreme neo-natzi white supremicist", but not "radical islamic terrorist?" when one even defined himself as such.?

Why was imprisonment justified for someone spewing racist threats, but was dismissed as a youthful prank when it was revealed to be a hoax? (multiple times)

The conclusion seems to be that free speech should always be celebrated whenever it promotes the liberal ideology, even if it comes in the form of violence.

...and Obama agrees.

Bruh I'm not sure that you read my post. You should read it again and reply to my actual post. I never said that anything was an "abomination." I never gave a pass to the "black pride" movement. In fact I called them out for their inanity. The only thing that I did was say that one group advocates a physical separation and in some instances, and among some groups, have promoted a concept of "war." That was the distinction that I drew.

At the end of the day, I support any group's right to spew their whatever in a public, but peaceful, way. Maybe you missed that sentiment too from my post. So, you may want to consider re-reading my ****. I think that you're responding to yourself and you're expressing your frustration at the first target that you can find that doesn't completely align themselves with your vision of the world. I don't feel comfortable being the surrogate and caretaker for the things that you don't agree with ideologically on this planet. You should reply to what I actually said instead of creating positions on my behalf and then responding to them as if they're attributable to me.

Thanks in advance.

There is just as high a percentage of crazy black "separatists" as crazy white "separatists", especially in the younger demographics. The media refuses to cover that angle of the story because it doesn't fit their manipulative narrative.

President Obama could be a peach of a man but he's been an obamanation as the leader of the free world. It's hard to believe anyone could be more incompetent than his predecessor but he managed to move right to the top of the podium.

With respect to your first point, if there are, I haven't see that - especially advocating violence to accomplish those means. Not doubting you, I just don't see the two as parallel. Both ideologically misplaced in many ways. Different means and ends though. That is where I see the distinction.

I would hope that we could all agree on the hypocrisy of the Left's claim for legitimacy because...

"words are violence" bullsh*t

Violence is violence.

The right to organize peacefully is there for everyone or no one.

in the Obama years, it once again has become acceptable to respond to speech you don’t like with violence.

Edited by B-Man

All I have to say is I think this country is screwed.

Everyone is constantly told they are victims and some other group is the cause.

People on different sides of an issue can no longer have debate but instead feel justified in trying to use violence or throw out token labels of racism, homophobic, islamaphobs, transgenderphobs, etc.... Its to the point of being absurd.

You can't even have frigging intellectually challenging discussions in college and universities of higher learning anymore that doesn't follow an allowable agenda driven narrative.

Different groups now disagree over everything and each side is digging their heels in and doubling down on their positions.

It doesn't bode well for the future of this 50 state "Democratic republic".

I don't know that it's screwed so much as it has become an embarrassing, incompetent, violent mess.

The far left (and by far left, I mean the party of the birdogs and gatormans) has turned into a violence-for-hire schitstorm in every city where anyone dare raise an opinion that flies against their own.

Whether they're attacking the KKK or Trump fans or white Hispanics or police officers fighting back against a punk trying to steal his gun, they must destroy whatever they can, while taking a dump on police cars and burning down minorty-owned businesses, all in the name of fairness.

Years ago this would have been condemned. Somehow, after seven years of being told to get in their faces, swing back, and bring a gun to the fight, it's okay because the people these nutbags are beating somehow deserve it. Or so the media would tell it.

Embarrassing. Incompetent. The world will look back at the Obama presidency in 20 years, and those are the two words they'll used to describe his legacy.

Edited by LABillzFan

Everyone is constantly told they are victims and some other group is the cause.

People on different sides of an issue can no longer have debate but instead feel justified in trying to use violence or throw out token labels of racism, homophobic, islamaphobs, transgenderphobs, etc.... Its to the point of being absurd.

You can't even have frigging intellectually challenging discussions in college and universities of higher learning anymore that doesn't follow an allowable agenda driven narrative.

Different groups now disagree over everything and each side is digging their heels in and doubling down on their positions.

It doesn't bode well for the future of this 50 state "Democratic republic".

My name is Justin Timberlake and I approve of this message.

Incompetent. those are the two words they'll used to describe his legacy.

I disagree. He's not incompetent.

He's doing exactly what he wants and fundamentally changing America, just not for the better. Race relations are at a modern era low. He is knocking down conservative white Christian males wherever possible.

My name is Justin Timberlake and I approve of this message.

talk about a !@#$ing gaffe. That idiot has no hope and his whole charade was blown up by hacks and social justice warriors. He came of looking like the little dancing B word puppet he is with his so called whitesplaining.

Also, who knew bet had an awards show...