40 Years Ago Today....

Chef Jim

Have fun this weekend

Will do.

I've not been drinking at all the past several months. Actually went to the central coast with some major wino friends last month and I didn't drink at all. The wife asked "why are you planning on drinking in Napa when you didn't in Paso Robles?" My reply? It's !@#$ing Napa!! Some of the best wine in the world. :D

Oh and just booked my WNY trip for the last week of August. Finger Lakes??

Will do.

I've not been drinking at all the past several months. Actually went to the central coast with some major wino friends last month and I didn't drink at all. The wife asked "why are you planning on drinking in Napa when you didn't in Paso Robles?" My reply? It's !@#$ing Napa!! Some of the best wine in the world. :D

Oh and just booked my WNY trip for the last week of August. Finger Lakes??

thanks for the advice but we do not need any advice, least off to know that you could not delay it until september for the opener. we do not need to know that you and rande will have your tryst away from Helen and your mystery woman (don't worry, i'll not tell anyone her name is Frank).

Do they still have the wine train in Napa?

They do! I have a client who is in the Sonoma wine business. He and a bunch of his so called Sonoma cowboys smuggled a case of Sonoma wine on the train. Good clean fun!

Want some advice?

Thanks for the attempted advice but I don't need any advice. Especially from a bunch of guys that think a blind tasting is drinking until they can't see straight.

They do! I have a client who is in the Sonoma wine business. He and a bunch of his so called Sonoma cowboys smuggled a case of Sonoma wine on the train. Good clean fun!

Thanks for the attempted advice but I don't need any advice. Especially from a bunch of guys that think a blind tasting is drinking until they can't see straight.

That is a blind tasting... drink till you are blind. You can only correctly taste so many wines before you aren't really tasting the wine.

That is a blind tasting... drink till you are blind. You can only correctly taste so many wines before you aren't really tasting the wine.

I once set up a wine tour and every winery I contacted wanted to be the first stop just for that reason.

I once set up a wine tour and every winery I contacted wanted to be the first stop just for that reason.

People who try to hit as many wineries in one trip are crazy. My wife and I will usually hit two maybe three. We spend a good hour sometimes two at each one tasting and asking questions. Our friend has put together the itinerary for tomorrow with four places on it. I bet we only make it to three of them.