Tyler Dunne on the Direction of the Bills' Offense

Leaving him in actually bolsters the "they were all back!" argument. And removing him would show that the 9 remaining players missed 0 starts in 2014 over the same span of time that they missed in 27.

So, have it your way, I guess.

Oh, sure. :lol:

How pumped are you to finger point at the departure of Rambo as the reason for 2016's struggles?

They lost a key contributor with experience in the system!

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How pumped are you to finger point at the departure of Rambo as the reason for 2016's struggles?

They lost a key contributor with experience in the system!

Your point being that backup safety is just as much of a starter as your CB2/Nickel corner? A backup safety that joined the team in week 12 the year prior?

You make this so-called point knowing that BUF is Nickel like 2/3 of the time?

You think any one is dumb enough to believe this is a salient point?

You're going to ignore how Leo's omission blows a bigger hole in the "all back!" theory?

You going to posit any thoughts of your own on this site? Ever?

EdIuMJn.gif

Edited by The Big Cat

Your point being that backup safety is just as much of a starter as your CB2/Nickel corner? A backup safety that joined the team in week 12 the year prior?

You make this so-called point knowing that BUF is Nickel like 2/3 of the time?

You think any one is dumb enough to believe this is a salient point?

You're going to ignore how Leo's omission blows a bigger hole in the "all back!" theory?

You going to posit any thoughts of your own on this site? Ever?

EdIuMJn.gif

Quick question. Do you care if they suck or not? Like if our LB's suck this year, and Brown and Bradham sucked last year, is their departures still to blame?

Buff is in nickel 2/3's of the time, so where is Robey in the 2014 heat map? Oh. That's right. Not there.

#consistency.

Edited by FireChan

1. Do you care if they suck or not?
  2. Like if our LB's suck this year, and Brown and Bradham sucked last year, is their departures still to blame?
  3. Buff is in nickel 2/3's of the time, so where is Robey in the 2014 heat map?

#consistency.

1. Yes
  2. Brown didn't leave and precisely whom is blaming what on departures?
  3. He was listed as a starter three times in 2014. Leo was the starting CB2 in 2014 and immediately replaced Robey as the nickel when he returned this year.

Do you really mean to suggest that Robey was a core player responsible for the success in 2014? Or did you realize that your half-baked Rambo comparison was **** and this is just you back pedaling?

More so--what's your point? Please. FOR ONCE, make one. If you'd like to refute something I or anyone else says, go ahead and do so. Your MO is to ask these half-relevant leading questions rather than just state what you mean. I'm guessing it's because you don't mean to actually say much. So, in this case, I'm begging you: what is your point? Please take something I've posited and refute it directly instead of paddycaking around with questions like you always do.

1. Yes
  2. Brown didn't leave and precisely whom is blaming what on departures?
  3. He was listed as a starter three times in 2014. Leo was the starting CB2 in 2014 and immediately replaced Robey as the nickel when he returned this year.

Do you really mean to suggest that Robey was a core player responsible for the success in 2014? Or did you realize that your half-baked Rambo comparison was **** and this is just you back pedaling?

More so--what's your point? Please. FOR ONCE, make one. If you'd like to refute something I or anyone else says, go ahead and do so. Your MO is to ask these half-relevant leading questions rather than just state what you mean. I'm guessing it's because you don't mean to actually say much. So, in this case, I'm begging you: what is your point? Please take something I've posited and refute it directly instead of paddycaking around with questions like you always do.

Are we talking core players or all players? Did you forget your argument?

Here's where it gets fun.

Robey's snaps in 2015. 673. Leo's snaps in 2015. 388

Robey's snaps in 2014. 640. Leo's snaps in 2014. 534.

Which guy contributed more in both years again? Which guy is absent from your dazzling charts?

My point, as always, is that you have a penchant for making flawed arguments.

Bro they play in nickel 2/3's of the time. Shouldn't you include the CB who had the 3rd most snaps two years in a row or nah?

Edited by FireChan

A penchant indeed. He is also good at deliberate misinterpretation. But hey... he has some colourful charts he made for confirmation bias purposes.

I have accused some of the more inherently negative posters on this board of a crusade in my time here but Big Cat's crusade to prop up Rex's defense and his unwillingness to accept any points to the contrary is by far the most irritating crusade of the lot.

Edited by GunnerBill

The throwing of deep passes on 3rd and short instead of just going for the 1st down has been prevalent for this team for several years with different coaches, offensive coordinator s and quarterback s and I don't understand why.

How do you just go for the 1st down? Have you thought that maybe defenses are defending the short area on 3rd down?

How do you just go for the 1st down? Have you thought that maybe defenses are defending the short area on 3rd down?

I have seen Tyrod pass up opportunities to move the sticks via running or shorter throws to open receivers in favor of taking shots for bigger plays.

I have seen Tyrod pass up opportunities to move the sticks via running or shorter throws to open receivers in favor of taking shots for bigger plays.

The problem is that you don't know his progression. On those plays his first read might be the deep ball, so you seeing a guy coming open underneath and thinking he "missed" that guy isn't necessarily true. If his first read is open he's going there no matter who else is open. Granted, he might just be missing guys but the Bills went deep on way too many 3rd and mid/short plays that I can't imagine a lot of those aren't by design.

The problem is that you don't know his progression. On those plays his first read might be the deep ball, so you seeing a guy coming open underneath and thinking he "missed" that guy isn't necessarily true. If his first read is open he's going there no matter who else is open. Granted, he might just be missing guys but the Bills went deep on way too many 3rd and mid/short plays that I can't imagine a lot of those aren't by design.

There's no way to know for sure, but eschewing open receivers beyond the 1st down marker in favor of lower percentage deep throws isn't a good thing and I'll bet anything that those opportunities have been pointed out to him in film review sessions.

Are we talking core players or all players? Did you forget your argument?

Here's where it gets fun.

Robey's snaps in 2015. 673. Leo's snaps in 2015. 388

Robey's snaps in 2014. 640. Leo's snaps in 2014. 534.

Which guy contributed more in both years again? Which guy is absent from your dazzling charts?

Bro they play in nickel 2/3's of the time. Shouldn't you include the CB who had the 3rd most snaps two years in a row or nah?

You must be confused.

This discussion has never been about me.

The point was the core players did NOT mostly return in 2015. Since you're not challenging that point, I'll assume you concede it.

But if you are, and are doing so by insisting that Robey was a central player and Leodis was not, and we know this because in 32 games Robey had more snaps than Leodis had in 19, and therefore, the differences in the 2015 defense were coaching/scheme alone and had no correlation to the obvious differences in personnel, then certainly you appreciate the irony of you clamoring around this message board accusing everyone and anyone of constructing poor arguments.

A penchant indeed. He is also good at deliberate misinterpretation. But hey... he has some colourful charts he made for confirmation bias purposes.

I have accused some of the more inherently negative posters on this board of a crusade in my time here but Big Cat's crusade to prop up Rex's defense and his unwillingness to accept any points to the contrary is by far the most irritating crusade of the lot.

You haven't made any points that haven't been entirely obliterated by irrefutable data and basic commonsense.

Edited by The Big Cat

There's no way to know for sure, but eschewing open receivers beyond the 1st down marker in favor of lower percentage deep throws isn't a good thing and I'll bet anything that those opportunities have been pointed out to him in film review sessions.

No doubt, I agree with you and nothing got me screaming at the TV more last year than throwing deep on 3rd and short. I'm just not sure where the blame goes.

You must be confused.

This discussion has never been about me.

The point was the core players did NOT mostly return in 2015. Since you're not challenging that point, I'll assume you concede it.

But if you are, and are doing so by insisting that Robey was a central player and Leodis was not, and we know this because in 32 games Robey had more snaps than Leodis had in 19, and therefore, the differences in the 2015 defense were coaching/scheme alone and had no correlation to the obvious differences in personnel, then certainly you appreciate the irony of you clamoring around this message board accusing everyone and anyone of constructing poor arguments.

You haven't made any points that haven't been entirely obliterated by irrefutable data and basic commonsense.

Are we even going to get the definition of "core player" during this discussion? And a definition of "mostly?" Or perhaps you'd like to hide behind semantics some more.

If not, this is the same crap. Leo playing 2 more games in 2014 was the gamechanger, not the DROY runner-up who replaced him. LOL city.

I know the Big Cat school of discourse teaches to throw out words, then invent new and personal definitions after you are challenged, but let's try to be up front here.

Edited by FireChan

No doubt, I agree with you and nothing got me screaming at the TV more last year than throwing deep on 3rd and short. I'm just not sure where the blame goes.

That's definitely a characteristic of Greg Roman offenses.

In regards to when he calls those plays, I'm not sure what his thresholds are for field position, down, and distance. Someone should research that.

Aaron Williams in week 2. Solid player who I believe had two personal fouls that same game for acting like an out of control moron. He was injured after getting beat by Edleman for a TD.

Kyle Williams in week 6 against Cincinnati who made our defense look like Swiss cheese. Am I missing anyone else? Up until that point, pressure/sacks were still way down which is what made our defense so dominant in 2014.

I remember that Indy game well. Luck played like **** as he did for most of 2015 before being injured, but he had plenty of time to throw for most of the game. They did a nice job of confusing him, but like I said, Luck looked confused and off for most of the 2015 season.

Plus Wynn who was lost in preseason who was part of DL rotation (11 games) and Da'Norris Searcy who left in free agency and was very inadequately replaced.

Aaron Williams was never the same after week 2 and he appeared to lose his mind. I do not expect him to reach 2014 form this year.

@TyDunne

For once, there's real direction with the #Bills' offense but will it pay off? ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/05/10/analysis-theres-real-direction-bills-offense-will-pay-off/

CiHX2CBVIAEQNwy.jpg

we should use the triple option and wing T

After reading this Dunne is nuts; if we really wanted to run the ball we have upgraded the right side and drafted/found a FB and Blocking TE. Also getting a real number two would have helped TT tremendously but hey who needs to pass the ball were just going run, run, run :thumbsup:

The run game will work, but it's the defense. Rexxy, you have your handpicked players loaded up on defense, and if you live up to all of this smack talk going on right now whether the articles on the three picks, Bart Scott, and so on. I am eternally hopeful he does it.

That happens, with a run game there will be more than enough openings for TT to hit Sammy deep. I'm holding my breath we see TT start hitting Clay over the middle in 2 seconds, or Woods on a nice slant or skinny post in 2.5 seconds with regularity.

I'm over my post season Bills depression for now, and want to see it happen, but I am skeptical. I'll feel a heck of a lot better with a 2-0 record beating the Ravens in their house and the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets on TR night. 3-1 has a nice ring to it in September if Marsha is really suspended.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: