espn radio just said

Buftex

No I wouldn't.  And I wouldn't have wanted Dan Marino or Emmitt Smith either.

I love players who build their careers in Buffalo.  That's what made the teams in Marv's era so special.  They weren't a bunch of hired guns from other teams that we as fans had spent the last ten years hating while they played for bitter rivals.

I understand that in free agency guys move around all the time, but filling up our roster with guys who built their legacy kicking the crap out of the Bills and the rest of the AFC East (and the league) is not how I want to see a championship team built in Buffalo.

You must be a Yankees fan.  :)

247194[/snapback]

I gave up on baseball after the last strike. I'm still a Yankee hater though! :D

Of all the teams in the NFL, no team should appreciate how important a kicker is more than the Buffalo Bills. A solid kicker is worth his weight in gold. There is nothing better than needing a 47 yarder at the buzzer to win a game and knowing that your kicker is going to nail it. We had that for years with Christie, he was trouble and worry free. TD has tried to get by skimping at this position and it is time to admit that this has been a mistake and get a solid kicker in here. Vinatieri might not be the best option but if it comes down to him or Lindell, sign Vinatieri and don't look back. That being said, if there is another solid guy available either in the draft or in free agency, I have no objection to us going that route.

Please TD, don't make us go through another season of Rian "the shank" Lindell.

I think TD overall has done a very good job in Buffalo, especially given what he inherited. His one big mistake was GW, but one other big one was skimping on kickers. I remember him saying you could get a kicker plenty of places and easy to replace. Well, as we have learned quite well--you cannot get a reliable kicker many places and they are actually quite difficult to find. A good kicker can win or lose a few games each year for you. How much more competitive would the Bills have been with a kicker who made FGs consistently from over 40 yards--especially with the limited red zone offense we had. There were plenty of games over the past couple years the Bills would have been ahead or tied going into the 4th quarter had their kicker been reliable. Vinatieri wins 2-3 games a year (including 2 SBs) over the past few years. Also a playoff game in horrendous conditions.

I try to respect the opnions of others, but you wouldn't want Vinatieri because he is a "Pats SB hero"? :D  :)  So based on your logic,  you wouldn't want Brady, Seymour, Branch, Bruschi or Law either?

I don't care what team a player is coming from.  If the Bills can afford a player and he makes them a better team, bring him in!

247172[/snapback]

I gotta disagree with you here! I'm so sick and tired of successful teams' making us the laughing stock of the NFL by dumping their washed-up, second rate players on us I could puke!! Ex: Drew, Sam Gash, Larry Centers, Dave Moore.... shall I go on?!? We started to have success this year due to the emergence of 2 players.... Lee Evans and Willis McGahee, period!! :P

I gotta disagree with you here! I'm so sick and tired of successful teams' making us the laughing stock of the NFL by dumping their washed-up, second rate players on us I could puke!! Ex: Drew, Sam Gash, Larry Centers, Dave Moore.... shall I go on?!? We started to have success this year due to the emergence of 2 players.... Lee Evans and Willis McGahee, period!!

Are you serious? Two players? What about TKO, London Fletcher, Big Sam, Phat Pat, and Lawyer?

All of these players have been very successful free agent pick ups by the Bills over the last 3-4 years.

I gotta disagree with you here! I'm so sick and tired of successful teams' making us the laughing stock of the NFL by dumping their washed-up, second rate players on us I could puke!! Ex: Drew, Sam Gash, Larry Centers, Dave Moore.... shall I go on?!? We started to have success this year due to the emergence of 2 players.... Lee Evans and Willis McGahee, period!!  :D

247221[/snapback]

Larry Centers, Sam Gash and Dave Moore were all pretty solid for us. I mean, Centers and Gash both made the Pro Bowl with us, I'd hardly consider them washed-up or second rate when they had our uniform on. The only player who bombed out of that list is Drew, and even he made the Pro Bowl one season with us!

I gotta disagree with you here! I'm so sick and tired of successful teams' making us the laughing stock of the NFL by dumping their washed-up, second rate players on us I could puke!! Ex: Drew, Sam Gash, Larry Centers, Dave Moore.... shall I go on?!? We started to have success this year due to the emergence of 2 players.... Lee Evans and Willis McGahee, period!! 

Are you serious?  Two players?  What about TKO,  London Fletcher,  Big Sam,  Phat Pat,  and Lawyer?

All of these players have been very successful free agent pick ups by the Bills over the last 3-4 years.

247237[/snapback]

Those guys you mentioned are all high quality veterans, yes! I said "emergence" of young players. Didn't you find it to be a nice refreshing change that we had some young kids on this team ie: Evans, McGahee, and McGee have some success knowing that other teams in the league were possibly envious of our team instead of thinking "our guy is getting old and slow, we'll just give him to Buffalo" :D

While I dont see Vinateiri making it to free agency (the Patriots will either franchise him by tomorrow or re-sign him before March 2nd...I cannot fathom why they'd let him go), this is a very good sign for the offseason. Its clear that TD wants to upgrade at kicker, which means we wont have to suffer through another season of Lindell botching 27 yarders. All that matters to me is getting a weapon at the kicking position, and clearly TD wants to go that route.

I say go for the rookie nugent.

247258[/snapback]

Right! There's another example of what I meant, we lose Hollis and then pick up Lindell! I'm with you on giving this Nugent kid a look before we go out and try to sign Vinatieri or any other FA kicker! It's a kicker... for fu*k's sakes! You want to find a good Buffalo weather kicker! You do what INDY and KC did, you scout the CFL and offer the best kicker they have in their league the lowest amount of money the NFL pays and its still going to be more than what he's making right now! :D

I doubt anyone will read this as there's 3 pasges of other posts to read.......We're all spoiled having had Steve Christie for such a long time and Norwood (save the 1st Superbowl.) We're not used to having revolving kickers in the last decade. Other teams are luring guys out of retirement and signing half assed Vets on the eve of the season opener. I think Vinatieri would be great but it's not going to happen. I would like to see us get a reliable vet. Lindell Sucks

Right! There's another example of what I meant, we lose Hollis and then pick up Lindell! I'm with you on giving this Nugent kid a look before we go out and try to sign Vinatieri or any other FA kicker! It's a kicker... for fu*k's sakes! You want to find a good Buffalo weather kicker! You do what INDY and KC did, you scout the CFL and offer the best kicker they have in their league the lowest amount of money the NFL pays and its still going to be more than what he's making right now! :D

247283[/snapback]

Okay...how many times do you have to post it....It's a kicker... for fu*k's sakes! :)

READ MY LIPS: NO EX-PATRIOTS!!!

If Donahoe hasn't figured out by now that the Patsies do not let go someone they deem valuable for the money, then he's hopeless. (Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Patsies pay Vinatieri to sign with another AFC East team to miss critical field goals late in the season! :D ) There are no treasures in the Patriots' dumpster!

Okay...how many times do you have to post it....It's a kicker... for fu*k's sakes!  :D

247286[/snapback]

In Buffalo winds, it is essential to have a quality kicker. Funny the in the past 4 years, 2 of the super bowls were decided by a last second kick.

I gotta disagree with you here! I'm so sick and tired of successful teams' making us the laughing stock of the NFL by dumping their washed-up, second rate players on us I could puke!! Ex: Drew, Sam Gash, Larry Centers, Dave Moore.... shall I go on?!? We started to have success this year due to the emergence of 2 players.... Lee Evans and Willis McGahee, period!!  :D

247221[/snapback]

You forgot Villarial. He was a HUGE difference maker at RG.

Adam Vinaterri!  That would be awesome!  That would almost make up, for me, getting rid of Drew!  Do it TD!

246615[/snapback]

Almost make up for getting rid of drew. :D This report is total crap Vinaterri is going to be franchised. Why would TD pursue a kicker due to make as much money as him?

247280[/snapback]

Don't diminish the importance of a good kicker Mr. Norwood. The best kicker we have ever had was Christie and we didn't find him under a rock. We stole him from Tampa and paid him good money. He was worth every dime and then some. We could scour the world looking for a talent everyone else has missed or we could just go out and get a guy who had proved he is a stud kicker. Maybe that is Vinatieri, maybe it is a draft pick, maybe some one else. I don't care who it is but lets not skimp here, we need a sure thing. No gambles.