Bills Roster 2016: Categorising the players

he isn't though.

poor leverage. gets moved due to pad placement and footing. Anchor is word he has not learned.

Hardly prototypical. I too was hoping he might be some gem Rex had hidden.

Is he serviceable ? sure. probably make the roster depending on some June cuts

not trying to be weenie leGoat

Agree

In two years, Jonathan Williams will be the dominant 'Williams' in the backfield IMO. I'm a Williams.. I know these things. :thumbsup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree

In two years, Jonathan Williams will be the dominant 'Williams' in the backfield IMO. I'm a Williams.. I know these things. :thumbsup:

I am definitely keeping my eye on him. could be a steal !

Go Williamses !!

I have Worthy on the 53 as well. Just for fun, here's mine:

QB - Taylor, EJ, Jones

RB - McCoy, K. Williams, J. Williams, M. Gillislee

FB - Felton

WR - Watkins, Woods, Hankerson, Salas, Easley, Listenbee

TE - Clay, Dray, Gragg

OT - Glenn, Mills, Henderson, Kouandjio

OG - Incognito, Miller, Velasco (note: Groy will be kept here as well if Henderson starts the season on the NFI)

C - Wood

LS - Sanborn

K - Carpenter, Gay

P - Schmidt

IDL - Dareus, Kyle Williams, Washington, Bryant, Worthy, Zimmer

EDGE - Hughes, S. Lawson, M. Lawson, Stryker (thought about putting Valles here, but I think Stryker edges him out)

LB - Ragland, P. Brown, Z. Brown, Alexander

CB - Gilmore, Darby, Robey, Moore, White, Seymour (have Seymour edging out Butler and Arenas for the last spot here)

S - A. Williams, Graham, Blanton, Anderson (adios Duke/Meeks)

Mario Butler over White

Glad you kept Zimmer !

and I think Gillislee has the 4th spot too

A couple of things

Every year we armchair QBs try to find a way to cut Manny Lawson.....every year all he does is make plays for the team and sticks

RB Williams was an absolute steal where we got him....in no way shape or form are we going to keep Dre Archer over him because Williams is an absolute stud. if he not had the foot injury last year we wouldnt have gotten close to drafting him unless we did it much earlier in the drat no way.

I like everything about Williams.....he does everything well on the field...his balance is incredible and he reminds me of a certain running back that tore it up for us until he went to prison (or something like that) a "bowling ball with spikes"

QB - Taylor, EJ, Jones

FB - Felton

TE - Clay, Dray, Gragg

OG - Incognito, Miller, Velasco (note: Groy will be kept here as well if Henderson starts the season on the NFI)

C - Wood

LS - Sanborn

K - Carpenter, Gay

P - Schmidt

EDGE - Hughes, S. Lawson, M. Lawson, Stryker (thought about putting Valles here, but I think Stryker edges him out)

CB - Gilmore, Darby, Robey, Moore, White, Seymour (have Seymour edging out Butler and Arenas for the last spot here)

I'd switch Gay for Dri Archer and keep 5 RB's (we lost 2 last year to injuries)....new kickoffs rule might allow Carp to go back to manning both duties...keeping Archer only if he can bring something on kick/punt returns

Edited by Tsaikotic

Felton makes a lot of money if little Gronk shows he can do multiple things I think he's gonna make it,

I wouldn't put Fernando in black

I bet they carry 1 kicker although I had no problem with 2- no returns for TD's is worth a roster spot

the wide receiver fight is the most interesting

Dray I would put in black

@JoeBuscaglia

Anybody up for a way-too-early #Bills roster projection? I shave 90 players down to 53 & outline some battles, too: https://t.co/6zUcmcs1Oo

Joe B has the Bills cutting Jonathan Williams, in favor of keeping both Gilllislee and Archer. That would surprise me.

There's no chance of Jonathan Williams getting cut. In fact, he may push for the #2 spot. Apparently he was really, really impressive when the rookies were in. The guy has a lot of talent but just had injuries.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

There's not chance of Jonathan Williams getting cut. In fact, he may push for the #2 spot. Apparently he was really, really impressive when the rookies were in. The guy has a lot of talent but just had injuries.

Well, we know for sure that the Bills won't cut him in favor of Dri Archer. :)

QB - Taylor, EJ, Jones

FB - Felton

TE - Clay, Dray, Gragg

C - Wood

LS - Sanborn

K - Carpenter, Gay

P - Schmidt

Mostly agree with your roster.

I think we cut Gay and keep Groy, and O'Leary beats out Gragg.

Other than that, I'm on board with this.

@TodaysPigskin

See where your favorites from the #Raiders, #Bears and #Cowboys land on @WilliamsonNFL's Top 20 Interior OL Rankings http://www.todayspigskin.com/from-the-sidelines/todays-pigskin-2016-top-20-interior-ol-rankings/

No. 14: Richie Incognito - Just an ideal fit for what Rex Ryan wants to do with his football team, Incognito was great for the Bills last year. Say what you want about his actions with the Dolphins, Incognito is playing the best football of his career and is in the perfect spot to do so.

No. 17: Eric Wood - Wood doesn’t get a lot of recognition, but he is about as solid as they come in the middle. With Incognito and Cordy Glenn (See Offensive Tackles List), the Bills have an exceptionally strong left side of their line. But the same can’t be said on the right side.