Bills Roster 2016: Categorising the players

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TJ Barnes is likely on the roster if healthy. Prototypical 3-4 NT.

Manny Lawson in the red.

I don think Lawson is going anywhere, seemed to be the only guy that really picked up the D last year.

I also think that Butler, Robey and Blanton are very safe

New names on the Bills roster – What roles will they fill?

John Murphy projects how the Bills rookies and undrafted free agents will find their roles on the team's roster.

Back in the day when people did jigsaw puzzles, they all started the same way. You started tackling the time-consuming puzzle by dumping the pieces out on the table. Sorting them out. Getting a general idea of where they fit. What went with what.

That’s where the Buffalo Bills are this week, after adding 21 new pieces to the roster puzzle in the last few days. Seven draft picks and 14 undrafted rookies have been added to the mix. And now the coaching staff gets to work sorting out who goes where and what they want them to do there.

This much is obvious – Buffalo’s top three draft picks are immediately going to be worked into the team’s refined defensive scheme.

“These three guys will have major impact on our football team,” Head Coach Rex Ryan said Saturday after the draft ended.

Here’s a rundown of the Bills 2016 draft picks and some selected undrafted rookies with an eye on how they might fit into the team’s plans:

@RyanTalbotBills

A lot will happen between now and September, but here's an early 53-man roster projection for the #Bills

Sounds pretty good but I think Gronk and O'Leary goes to PS and Gragg stays on roster. Not sure who will play FB but Felton better be renting now buying; wonder if Mike Gillislee can play FB?

I think TJ Barnes is likely on the roster if healthy. Prototypical 3-4 NT.

Manny Lawson in the red.

he isn't though.

poor leverage. gets moved due to pad placement and footing. Anchor is word he has not learned.

Hardly prototypical. I too was hoping he might be some gem Rex had hidden.

Is he serviceable ? sure. probably make the roster depending on some June cuts

not trying to be weenie leGoat

I have trouble seeing Braxton Miller on the 53 man roster next year. I feel like he's practice squad material, that they hope after a year or two will become 53 man roster material, but isn't yet. He's a project. I have trouble believing that they'd waste a spot on someone who will not play, unless he's just perpetually a healthy scratch week in and week out. Maybe we'll just have to wait to see how he does in preseason...

I have trouble seeing Braxton Miller on the 53 man roster next year. I feel like he's practice squad material, that they hope after a year or two will become 53 man roster material, but isn't yet. He's a project. I have trouble believing that they'd waste a spot on someone who will not play, unless he's just perpetually a healthy scratch week in and week out. Maybe we'll just have to wait to see how he does in preseason...

You looking for the Houston Texans' forum?

he isn't though.

poor leverage. gets moved due to pad placement and footing. Anchor is word he has not learned.

Hardly prototypical. I too was hoping he might be some gem Rex had hidden.

Is he serviceable ? sure. probably make the roster depending on some June cuts

not trying to be weenie leGoat

There's no such thing as poor leverage for a guy who's 365 lbs :lol:

interesting list.

I forgot about Worthy completely !

I have Worthy on the 53 as well. Just for fun, here's mine:

QB - Taylor, EJ, Jones

RB - McCoy, K. Williams, J. Williams, M. Gillislee

FB - Felton

WR - Watkins, Woods, Hankerson, Salas, Easley, Listenbee

TE - Clay, Dray, Gragg

OT - Glenn, Mills, Henderson, Kouandjio

OG - Incognito, Miller, Velasco (note: Groy will be kept here as well if Henderson starts the season on the NFI)

C - Wood

LS - Sanborn

K - Carpenter, Gay

P - Schmidt

IDL - Dareus, Kyle Williams, Washington, Bryant, Worthy, Zimmer

EDGE - Hughes, S. Lawson, M. Lawson, Stryker (thought about putting Valles here, but I think Stryker edges him out)

LB - Ragland, P. Brown, Z. Brown, Alexander

CB - Gilmore, Darby, Robey, Moore, White, Seymour (have Seymour edging out Butler and Arenas for the last spot here)

S - A. Williams, Graham, Blanton, Anderson (adios Duke/Meeks)