RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

I don't know if this point has already been made so forgive me if it has. Last year EJ started the season as our #3. Cassel was eventually cut with the reason that EJ can better develop as the #2. I wonder if that same approach could be used for Cardale depending on how he does in camp and pre-season.

It's easier to develop him during the season and get him practice reps if he's second string.

I'd think it'd be a factor, Bangarang. I look at it like a tiebreaker. If there's no appreciable difference between EJ and Cardale then it makes sense to go with the kid who has a future with our team, for that reason. Keen to read Astro camp reports and find out how far away Cardale really is.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think it'd be a factor, Bangarang. I look at it like a tiebreaker. If there's no appreciable difference between EJ and Cardale then it makes sense to go with the kid who has a future with our team, for that reason. Keen to read Astro camp reports and find out how far away Cardale really is.

Astro is a fantastic source when camp gets rolling. Hope we get some more resolution(definition) about all the rooks at that point.

Question is..

Can Cardale hit the Concession Tent in stride ?

Thats is when you know you have the Bull by the Horns.

Go Cardale Jones! you big Ole Lunkheaded Franchise QB of the Bills future !!

That would be someone who has done shallow or no research to understand the difference between OSU using more of a pro style offense in 2014 that suited the kind of player he is vs. what they did in 2015.

I've read Yolo's explanation of it many times, lol.

Astro is a fantastic source when camp gets rolling. Hope we get some more resolution(definition) about all the rooks at that point.

Question is..

:w00t::lol: :lol:

#FatFaceInTheBackupRace

Question is..

:lol:

"issues reading and reacting to zone coverage underneath. Doesn't hold safeties with his eyes."

Anybody who reads that about a QB who started one year and got benched the next is going to question his football intelligence.

Why are you acting like this is a big mystery? You think people are just out to get him?

I don't think there is anything about either statement that would lead to the conclusion that CJ lacks "football intelligence". To answer your question, when someone questions CJ's "mind" or "football intelligence" but can't come up with anything to back it up, it makes me think they are making assumptions about him based on racial stereotypes and the fact that he is from the 'hood.

I don't think there is anything about either statement that would lead to the conclusion that CJ lacks "football intelligence". To answer your question, when someone questions CJ's "mind" or "football intelligence" but can't come up with anything to back it up, it makes me think they are making assumptions about him based on racial stereotypes and the fact that he is from the 'hood.

Oh, it's a race issue now.

Classic.

Reading defenses?

This is a fruitless endeavor.

There's a question of aptitude vs. lack of experience. I would venture a guess that's the latter instead of the former.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

There's a question of aptitude vs. lack of experience. I would venture a guess that's the latter instead of the former.

I'd venture a guess it's a combination of both, which warrants questioning his aptitude.

Any other QB in his position would face the same questions.

Cardale Jones and Rex Ryan have at least one thing in common: They're both known for being outspoken.

@billsupdates

Jim Kelly among those coaching up QB Cardale Jones at #Bills rookie camp http://ow.ly/Nj7x30005GX

@MatthewFairburn

Matthew Fairburn Retweeted Buffalo Bills News

Cardale Jones is a bit of a project, and the #Bills rookie is getting plenty of help early on