2016 draft rounds 2 & 3 around the league

Beerball

I do not understand why they can't just be patient and let the draft come to them. There were LOTS of good players still on the board. And there is no indication that Ragland was about to be taken by someone else. Not a single ILB was off the board.

Patience doesn't always make perfect, especially when it comes to player drafts. It's a given.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A LB went right after them. No doubt they thought Ragland was their first choice and the Bills jumped ahead.

-- And Smith and Jack already went too. So Ragland was the third LB to go.

Correa is an outside linebacker and edge rusher. Totally different (and much more valuable) position.

Correa is an outside linebacker and edge rusher. Totally different (and much more valuable) position.

much more valuable. not sure. but Bills should find another LB for the outside . but I think we knew that going in. and i am waiting on DJ Reader tomorrow

2 4ths is not that much. We get caught up in the draft and think that there are plenty of starting caliber players in round 4 - it isn't really so. Go back and look at the 4th round picks for several years - you will find a few good players and a lot of nobodies.

True, we did jump up a decent number of picks after all.

late to this party but i made it home rite on time to see the Bills trade up and take Ragland. psyched but kinda pissed off we traded two 4th rounds for em. Look at my Sig I support Ragland but wont make a judgement if two 4th rounds were worth it till i see who gets drafted in the rest of this round.

Side Note: if you told me we would snag Shaq AND Ragland in the 1st 2 picks, I woulda said you were high because I thought one of them if not both of them would be drafted before us

late to this party but i made it home rite on time to see the Bills trade up and take Ragland. psyched but kinda pissed off we traded two 4th rounds for em. Look at my Sig I support Ragland but wont make a judgement if two 4th rounds were worth it till i see who gets drafted in the rest of this round.

Side Note: if you told me we would snag Shaq AND Ragland in the 1st 2 picks, I woulda said you were high because I thought one of them if not both of them would be drafted before us

so you approve?

and not to be snarky but how would You know that?

I don't know it, but the Bills didn't know that Ragland would be gone before 49, either. That's the point. They panicked over a guy at a non-premium position.

Wouldn't be a fan of Cardale Jones in round 3. Physical ability is not the most important factor in QB success in the NFL. Some of the greats haven't had great arms, size and speed. Brees, Manning, Brady, Montana, etc.

fair enough old timer. some have suggested this would be the pick mocking

I don't know it, but the Bills didn't know that Ragland would be gone before 49, either. That's the point. They panicked over a guy at a non-premium position.

Who says it isn't a premium position? I suffered through a lot of years watching horrible Bills defenses get trucked up the middle over and over again. If you can't stop the run, especially between the tackles you are in for many long days.

again, you do not know that either. What pro teams do is communicate and then take the risk. They surely know better then you or I do as to what teams had their eye upon.

i guess simpler said it may have been, OMG he fell this far, don't let him get picked up. Bills really liked him all along from what i have read

Wouldn't be a fan of Cardale Jones in round 3. Physical ability is not the most important factor in QB success in the NFL. Some of the greats haven't had great arms, size and speed. Brees, Manning, Brady, Montana, etc.

Not just physical ability. There is also the minor detail that he has never lost a college game.

Not just physical ability. There is also the minor detail that he has never lost a college game.

Didn't those 5 teammates that were picked in round 1 and Michael Thomas (r2) and soon-to-be-picked Braxton Miller and Von Bell have anything to do with those 10 wins?

again, you do not know that either. What pro teams do is communicate and then take the risk. They surely know better then you or I do as to what teams had their eye upon.

i guess simpler said it may have been, OMG he fell this far, don't let him get picked up. Bills really liked him all along from what i have read

At best, they were playing a hunch. That's fine if you are moving up for a QB or a difference maker at a premium position. We are talking about an inside linebacker. It's the type of move up that foolish teams make and smart teams take advantage of.

Didn't those 5 teammates that were picked in round 1 and Michael Thomas (r2) and soon-to-be-picked Braxton Miller and Von Bell have anything to do with those 10 wins?

Did I ever say they didn't?