Trump vs Clinton: Pre Convention matchup

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the General Election?

• Clinton
    • Trump

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't necessarily think Bernie knows anything about the "investigation", but I do think he's hanging around just in case. If he drops out they'd try to give it to Biden or Corey Booker or somebody else.

Bernie's hanging around because he's a true believer and he's trying to make a point. He's riding it out as far as he can, regardless. If Hillary has to bail on her presidential bid, you'll see Biden in there so fast that it'll make your head spin.

Edited by Azalin

Bernie's hanging around because he's a true believer and he's trying to make a point. He's riding it out as far as he can, regardless. If Hillary has to bail on her presidential bid, you'll see Biden in there so fast that it'll make your head spin.

Way too late. Bernie has too much populace support. Be a mutiny in the party if they tried to swap out one establishment dweeb for another

Way too late. Bernie has too much populace support. Be a mutiny in the party if they tried to swap out one establishment dweeb for another

I don't think the party cares. Bernie fans will come unglued once the super delegates cast their votes for Hillary anyway.

This is why the media is concerned..............they have a lot invested in the outcome.

A Trump Win Would Destroy Clinton’s Legacy — and Obama’s
by Jim Gerharty
The #NeverTrump movement laments that a President Trump, with his authoritarian instincts, lack of interest in policy details, and populist demagoguery would be disastrous for the country. But there’s a silver lining, and an aspect that has largely been ignored by all-too-confident Democrats: A Trump victory in November would destroy the legacies of Hillary Clinton and President Obama.
Right now, Clinton is still the favorite to win the presidency. But the first general-election surveys are showing a sudden drop in Clinton’s once-huge polling lead. A Harvard poll finds Clinton ahead only 46 percent to 40 percent nationwide and 45 to 41 in swing states
{snip}
And yet there remains the possibility that Clinton could collapse. A Trump victory in November would affirm every criticism lobbed her way since she appeared on the national scene in 1992: too dishonest, too arrogant, too cold, too calculating, too out of touch, too vindictive for the American people. Democrats would suspect, with justification, that they dodged a bullet in 2008: If Clinton can’t beat Trump, how would she have fared against John McCain and Sarah Palin, even amid the economic meltdown?
If Trump wins, the recriminations against Clinton and her team will be brutal. The idea that she could be the first woman president will be seen as a mass delusion, a grand, party-wide exercise in willful denial. Democrats are now given to softly worrying that “she’s just not as good a retail politician as her husband was.” The more honest truth would come out after a November loss: Her instincts are terrible. She plays it safe with focus-grouped pabulum and offers implausible lies when people call her on it. Her record as secretary of state offered no reason for inspiration or confidence. When faced with a garish, absurd opponent who generated broad, bipartisan fear, she offered only the soggy mush of the status quo. Democrats are trying to make themselves love her now; they’ll hate her if she loses.
Now contemplate Obama’s legacy if, on January 20, 2017, he’s looking on in barely suppressed disdain as the unlikeliest of figures places his (not at all too small, he insists) hand on a Bible declares, “I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear [or affirm] that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States.”
And if he’s competitive in November, or wins, it will be a loud, clear signal that Obama’s presidency largely failed. Eight years of his policies and leadership left Americans angry, disappointed, and frightened enough to be willing to roll the dice on Trump.

How successful can Obama’s two terms be if Americans were willing to take a chance on an outsider who stands for everything he abhors? Obama took office optimistic despite the Great Recession he inherited. How would it look if eight years later he left the office to Trump, who has risen on the strength of a despairing, angry, bitterly divided electorate eager to “burn it down”?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435220/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-obama-legacy-2016

This is why the media is concerned..............they have a lot invested in the outcome.

A Trump Win Would Destroy Clinton’s Legacy — and Obama’s
by Jim Gerharty
The #NeverTrump movement laments that a President Trump, with his authoritarian instincts, lack of interest in policy details, and populist demagoguery would be disastrous for the country. But there’s a silver lining, and an aspect that has largely been ignored by all-too-confident Democrats: A Trump victory in November would destroy the legacies of Hillary Clinton and President Obama.
Right now, Clinton is still the favorite to win the presidency. But the first general-election surveys are showing a sudden drop in Clinton’s once-huge polling lead. A Harvard poll finds Clinton ahead only 46 percent to 40 percent nationwide and 45 to 41 in swing states
{snip}
And yet there remains the possibility that Clinton could collapse. A Trump victory in November would affirm every criticism lobbed her way since she appeared on the national scene in 1992: too dishonest, too arrogant, too cold, too calculating, too out of touch, too vindictive for the American people. Democrats would suspect, with justification, that they dodged a bullet in 2008: If Clinton can’t beat Trump, how would she have fared against John McCain and Sarah Palin, even amid the economic meltdown?
If Trump wins, the recriminations against Clinton and her team will be brutal. The idea that she could be the first woman president will be seen as a mass delusion, a grand, party-wide exercise in willful denial. Democrats are now given to softly worrying that “she’s just not as good a retail politician as her husband was.” The more honest truth would come out after a November loss: Her instincts are terrible. She plays it safe with focus-grouped pabulum and offers implausible lies when people call her on it. Her record as secretary of state offered no reason for inspiration or confidence. When faced with a garish, absurd opponent who generated broad, bipartisan fear, she offered only the soggy mush of the status quo. Democrats are trying to make themselves love her now; they’ll hate her if she loses.
Now contemplate Obama’s legacy if, on January 20, 2017, he’s looking on in barely suppressed disdain as the unlikeliest of figures places his (not at all too small, he insists) hand on a Bible declares, “I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear [or affirm] that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States.”
And if he’s competitive in November, or wins, it will be a loud, clear signal that Obama’s presidency largely failed. Eight years of his policies and leadership left Americans angry, disappointed, and frightened enough to be willing to roll the dice on Trump.

How successful can Obama’s two terms be if Americans were willing to take a chance on an outsider who stands for everything he abhors? Obama took office optimistic despite the Great Recession he inherited. How would it look if eight years later he left the office to Trump, who has risen on the strength of a despairing, angry, bitterly divided electorate eager to “burn it down”?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435220/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-obama-legacy-2016

Writers need to write something. And this guy needs to serve up some crap for his right wing bosses, but why anyone would post such useless garbage here I can't figure out. Unless, of course, they are true believers...

A Trump Win Would Destroy Clintons Legacy and Obamas

by Jim Gerharty

The #NeverTrump movement laments that a President Trump, with his authoritarian instincts, lack of interest in policy details, and populist demagoguery would be disastrous for the country. But theres a silver lining, and an aspect that has largely been ignored by all-too-confident Democrats: A Trump victory in November would destroy the legacies of Hillary Clinton and President Obama.

Right now, Clinton is still the favorite to win the presidency. But the first general-election surveys are showing a sudden drop in Clintons once-huge polling lead. A Harvard poll finds Clinton ahead only 46 percent to 40 percent nationwide and 45 to 41 in swing states

{snip}

And yet there remains the possibility that Clinton could collapse. A Trump victory in November would affirm every criticism lobbed her way since she appeared on the national scene in 1992: too dishonest, too arrogant, too cold, too calculating, too out of touch, too vindictive for the American people. Democrats would suspect, with justification, that they dodged a bullet in 2008: If Clinton cant beat Trump, how would she have fared against John McCain and Sarah Palin, even amid the economic meltdown?

If Trump wins, the recriminations against Clinton and her team will be brutal. The idea that she could be the first woman president will be seen as a mass delusion, a grand, party-wide exercise in willful denial. Democrats are now given to softly worrying that shes just not as good a retail politician as her husband was. The more honest truth would come out after a November loss: Her instincts are terrible. She plays it safe with focus-grouped pabulum and offers implausible lies when people call her on it. Her record as secretary of state offered no reason for inspiration or confidence. When faced with a garish, absurd opponent who generated broad, bipartisan fear, she offered only the soggy mush of the status quo. Democrats are trying to make themselves love her now; theyll hate her if she loses.

Now contemplate Obamas legacy if, on January 20, 2017, hes looking on in barely suppressed disdain as the unlikeliest of figures places his (not at all too small, he insists) hand on a Bible declares, I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear [or affirm] that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States.

And if hes competitive in November, or wins, it will be a loud, clear signal that Obamas presidency largely failed. Eight years of his policies and leadership left Americans angry, disappointed, and frightened enough to be willing to roll the dice on Trump.

How successful can Obamas two terms be if Americans were willing to take a chance on an outsider who stands for everything he abhors? Obama took office optimistic despite the Great Recession he inherited. How would it look if eight years later he left the office to Trump, who has risen on the strength of a despairing, angry, bitterly divided electorate eager to burn it down?

I think this is pretty solid and rational. Makes a lot of sense.

Writers need to write something. And this guy needs to serve up some crap for his right wing bosses, but why anyone would post such useless garbage here I can't figure out. Unless, of course, they are true believers...

Few people here are as much against Trump than me, but if Trump beats Hillary, it would be one of the most embarrassing DNC defeats in quite possibly the history of all things DNC.

It would do to the DNC in one night what Trump has been doing to the GOP for the past five months.

Edited by LABillzFan

Few people here are as much against Trump than me, but if Trump beats Hillary, it would be one of the most embarrassing DNC defeats in quite possibly the history of all things DNC.

It would do to the DNC in one night what Trump has been doing to the GOP for the past five months.

If if and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas

As much as I can't stand Trump, him winning might be worth the one night in November watching MSNBC coverage as the results roll in.

As much as I can't stand Trump, him winning might be worth the one night in November watching MSNBC coverage as the results roll in.

Alternately, if he loses, it would mean I'd have to go back to watching Fox, and ensure I start to follow people like Hannity and Coulter on Twitter to round out the despair.

Though they're already poisoning the well by arguing that a vote against Trump (read that, the #neverTrump people) is a vote for Hillary, so if Trump loses, it will only be because everyone didn't fall in line.

Long term, this is going to suck regardless of who gets elected. Short term, at least I have more options on election night.

Even the co-chair of the Debate Commission thinks this poll should be amended.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/279624-third-party-candidates-face-uphill-climb-to-get-place-on-presidential

"My view is they should include him, Fahrenkopf said of future polls. This certainly creates an obligation for some of the polling companies to look very close in including him to figure out if his [support] is real."

Edited by sodbuster

More to this. Should have known bill being led by his Johnson...

Bill Clintons foundation arranged a $2 million pledge to a power company partly owned by a wealthy blond divorcée who some say is the frequent visitor to his home nicknamed Energizer.

clintoncharity.jpg

http://nypost.com/2016/05/13/clinton-charity-arranged-2m-pledge-to-company-owned-by-bills-friend/

Edited by truth on hold

Progressive Democrats are putting the smack down on her. Preach on brother Jon ...

I wouldn't call that a smack down, but the fact remains that she is ridiculously beatable on multiple levels because she is so disingenuous, and remarkably the GOP puts forth a competitor who spent the last 40 years hanging out with this woman and funding her efforts.

Edited by LABillzFan