It's just bad luck

BillsVet

When I opened this thread I expected a well thought out, objective opinion. Instead we got the 7,286th post from BillsVet that sounded exactly like the previous 7,285 posts. "The team is bad. Everyone is bad. Everything is wrong. No one does anything right, blah, blah, blah, blah." I don't even read the posts anymore; I know what is being said.

I actually have 1-2k more posts but they were wiped out in 2008 when I believe the server crashed. :thumbsup:

The two quotes from Whaley in the article. Not sure how you can infer anything about luck from those statements. Or any narrative of not being thrilled with Tyrod Taylor either, as someone else already posted the context of the article which was just a reflection on the 2011 draft.

"When we first started the draft process, we thought we'd have a good shot at Newton," Whaley told Sports Illustrated for its oral history of the 2011 draft. "[stanford quarterback] Andrew Luck, had he come out, would have been the first pick. Denver was at No. 2, and they didn't need a QB. So we thought, 'We'll get Cam at No. 3.'"

"When Von went to Denver, everyone [in our draft room] had big smiles, everyone stood up," Whaley told SI. "We had Marcell rated over Von. I was like, 'Don't even listen to the [trade offers coming in], just turn that card in.'"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25567414/gm-explains-how-andrew-luck-spoiled-bills-plan-to-draft-cam-newton