Why we will draft a DB early

You need a lot of DB's in today's game and we lost two with Leodis and Ron Brooks gone

Stephen Gilmour might be the casualty if Tyrod has another stellar season and gets paid by us

Might be the position with the highest talent level in this draft

Predicting one taken in the first 3 rounds

You need a lot of DB's in today's game and we lost two with Leodis and Ron Brooks gone

Stephen Gilmour might be the casualty if Tyrod has another stellar season and gets paid by us

I could absolutely see this happening. I think Gilmore is very good but he's going to get paid among the best in the game.

A SS in the first three rounds I can see. Not a true CB. Gilmore will get done in training camp. They just need Glenn to sign a long term deal. That frees up cash for Gilmore which let's them franchise TT. That is two years to determine if TT is the franchise guy.

A SS in the first three rounds I can see. Not a true CB. Gilmore will get done in training camp. They just need Glenn to sign a long term deal. That frees up cash for Gilmore which let's them franchise TT. That is two years to determine if TT is the franchise guy.

I think this is largely on point. If Gilmore has a big enough year to get paid like a top 3 CB, then I can see whaley letting him walk. Depends on Darby too I suppose.

I expect and hope for a safety in the first 3 rounds.

TJ green from Clemson. Can play safety or CB. 6'2, 209, 4.34 40.

Did you see we signed 3 guys in UFA that have experience at CB in the NFL? They may not be household names but think between Javier Arenas, Corey White and Sterling Moore any one of them is better than Brooks. In terms of better than McKelvin it's debatable. That said the only way I see us drafting a CB early is if Whaley is preparing to let Gilmore walk after this season.

Him flying uncontrollably into contact every chance he gets scares me.

He's one of the guys in this class I don't see getting a 2nd contract. Legitimate fear that he's going to hurt himself badly.

He is a great player and reminds me of Bob Sanders.......that is he plays like a kamikaze on a 5-10" body and the question is can he play more than 4 games a year!

TJ green from Clemson. Can play safety or CB. 6'2, 209, 4.34 40.

Maybe in the 3rd-4th round for Buffalo IMO as a developmental FS/Cover S. He has the physical tools and certainly is a Height/Weight/Speed guy who would probably go in the 1st if Al Davis was still alive and drafting for the Raiders. His open field tackling is almost as bad and DeAndre Houston-Carson (who I love as a coverage S/CB as well), his natural feel for the game and natural reaction time are lacking, he IMO is also maddeningly inconsistent from game to game. He'll probably go in the 2nd round, but wont contribute much his first year or two IMO, which is why I wouldnt touch him until the 3rd at the earliest.

Just watched the Bama/Clemson game again for Ryan Kelly. I can't put into words how vomit-inducing Green and Kearse were in that game.

OJ Howard tore someone apart in that game, I have not rewatched it, but I remember asking my buddy during the game: "Where the safeties?" I remember thinking and still do, that I could not believe Kearse is draftable. He seems so indifferent and his CoD skills are less than impressive, he is physically imposing but more inconsistent than Green and terrible in coverage, add that to him appearing indifferent on the field, some real tackling issues of his own, and my belief he has no intrinsic fire in him and IMO he's a UDFA/7th round developmental/practice squad guy at best.

does Karl Joseph's knee scare anyone?

Thurmanator said it right IMO, his injury was a non contact, but durability coupled with playing style is a real concern. Love his play though, 1st round field talent.

OJ Howard tore someone apart in that game, I have not rewatched it, but I remember asking my buddy during the game: "Where the safeties?" I remember thinking and still do, that I could not believe Kearse is draftable. He seems so indifferent and his CoD skills are less than impressive, he is physically imposing but more inconsistent than Green and terrible in coverage, add that to him appearing indifferent on the field, some real tackling issues of his own, and my belief he has no intrinsic fire in him and IMO he's a UDFA/7th round developmental/practice squad guy at best.

The TD in the 3rd quarter where he was completely open was on Green. Just switched off in coverage and OJ ran right by him. Too late for Kearse to cover across from his assignment (not that his lazy arse was ever busting a gut to try).

The one in the 4th was a miscommunication. Looked like Green buzzed down towards the box and Tankersley (I think) should've carried the vertical route.

Green plays with such tunnel vision. Gets his bell rung more than anyone I've ever watched, never sees a blindside block coming - https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/696441130301448196

I watched Kearse over the summer after he was getting Kam Chancellor V2 hype. I sat there in utter disbelief trying to work out what all the fuss was about. He's worse than Gerod Holliman from a tackling/effort standpoint and Holliman was a 7th rounder that could actually cover. The dictionary definition of 'Just A Guy'.

Edited by Blokestradamus

The TD in the 3rd quarter where he was completely open was on Green. Just switched off in coverage and OJ ran right by him. Too late for Kearse to cover across from his assignment (not that his lazy arse was ever busting a gut to try).

The one in the 4th was a miscommunication. Looked like Green buzzed down towards the box and Tankersley (I think) should've carried the vertical route.

Green plays with such tunnel vision. Gets his bell rung more than anyone I've ever watched, never sees a blindside block coming - https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/696441130301448196

I watched Kearse over the summer after he was getting Kam Chancellor V2 hype. I sat there in utter disbelief trying to work out what all the fuss was about. He's worse than Gerod Holliman from a tackling/effort standpoint and Holliman was a 7th rounder that could actually cover. The dictionary definition of 'Just A Guy'.

Ill take your word on the Bama coverages, sounds right from my thoughts during the game. I hadnt noticed that aspect of Greens awareness (blindside block), but that fits my concern for his feel for the game, as does the Howard TD in the 3rd Q if he was the deep safety (Single High or C2/3, IDK what he was), rule #1 of safety play as taught to me in college: deeper than the deepest, its really simple (You the safety have to be deeper than the deepest receiver.) in any zone coverage as a FS. Again an awareness issue.

As for Kearse, I couldnt agree more. He looks like a monster physically, but other than that, I just dont get it. He looks like Chancellor, but that is where the comparisons end, he certainly does not play like Cam did at Tech. "Just a Guy." true...