Under the radar big need for Bills: Interior OL

Estro

I'm curious. How annoyed would the fanbase be if the Bills drafted Alabama center Ryan Kelly in the 2nd round?

Eric Wood is getting older and he would save about $4.5m from the 2017 cap. Kelly could compete at RG as a rookie and the heir apparent at C in 2017.

Kelly is strong at the POA. Tremendous run blocker, athletic enough to fit the Roman scheme, decent pass protector. He's tenacious in the trenches and would be a firm fan favourite very quickly because of his attitude on the field.

I'm curious. How annoyed would the fanbase be if the Bills drafted Alabama center Ryan Kelly in the 2nd round?

Eric Wood is getting older and he would save about $4.5m from the 2017 cap. Kelly could compete at RG as a rookie and the heir apparent at C in 2017.

Kelly is strong at the POA. Tremendous run blocker, athletic enough to fit the Roman scheme, decent pass protector. He's tenacious in the trenches and would be a firm fan favourite very quickly because of his attitude on the field.

Not at all annoyed. I think he will be a pro-bowl centre. I think he is the surprise pick of the draft. I have been mocking him to the Colts at #18 and I think that is a very real possibility. People are focusing on tackles for the them but Luck was getting crushed by pressure right up the middle more than pressure off the edge. They flip flopped between two poor centres in 2015 and I think there is a very real chance they take Kelly in the 1st.

If he is there in the 2nd he would probably be the best player available according to my board, and as has been mentioned cutting Wood after this season saves us a lot of cap space that might be needed for TT, Gilmore and Glenn.

Not at all annoyed. I think he will be a pro-bowl centre. I think he is the surprise pick of the draft. I have been mocking him to the Colts at #18 and I think that is a very real possibility. People are focusing on tackles for the them but Luck was getting crushed by pressure right up the middle more than pressure off the edge. They flip flopped between two poor centres in 2015 and I think there is a very real chance they take Kelly in the 1st.

If he is there in the 2nd he would probably be the best player available according to my board, and as has been mentioned cutting Wood after this season saves us a lot of cap space that might be needed for TT, Gilmore and Glenn.

That pick would make a ton of sense for them. I've seen quite a bit of 1st round talk with Kelly so him being there at 49 might be a long shot.

Spending a 1st on a future need is a bit fanciful but I think there's a chance that the team looks to acquire a potential starting C in this draft. Max Tuerk would be my more realistic idea, should be decent value coming off an ACL tear.

Makes a great deal of sense to think ahead this way.

Well said. I'd be a big value pick so no complaints here. I don't think he will make it close to there though. There's a good chance someone will fall though and I'll be delighted if they get a steal in the second just like last year.

I would love to either land Conklin, or Decker in RD1, or Martin (C/G), Spriggs, or Ifendi in round 2-3. Avery Young from Auburn looks like a decent pick in a later round.

I'd go BPA between LB, DL and OL the first few rounds, while recognizing the scarcity at OLB.

That pick would make a ton of sense for them. I've seen quite a bit of 1st round talk with Kelly so him being there at 49 might be a long shot.

Spending a 1st on a future need is a bit fanciful but I think there's a chance that the team looks to acquire a potential starting C in this draft. Max Tuerk would be my more realistic idea, should be decent value coming off an ACL tear.

Tuerk could also be a steal.

I'd be fine w/ it in the 2nd. Also, you need a backup center. I prefer Martin at this point due to his experience playing guard, provides an "upgraded" Urbik. But Kelly is a fantastic center. Without a deep OL you can doom a season rather quickly, esp. when you rely heavily on the run game like the Bills.