I think Bills are planning a move up in the draft

And he can hold out. Bad situation if it comes to it

He's not going to hold out if franchised. He can either make $20-something million guaranteed or nothing. He can't hold out this year either because he's still playing for that big contract. It doesn't make any sense for him. Don't read into the agents comments (at all). They are meaningless. Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of trading up in the draft, but if ever there was a shot at a poke-n-hope I'd trade up, in Watkins type fashion, for Goff.

I'm not one that buys into the notion Whaley and/or Wrecks will be gone after this season if they don't make the playoffs, so who knows what's really driving things, but if that's true, that they're history if we don't make the playoffs, they'll have to make any inroad via offense.

Not that a rookie QB is going to be all that, but if he offers enough hope after a rookie season then it may cause Pegs to yield a stay of execution for them.

Might not be bad for the team either since Whaley's been horrid at 3rd and later picks anyway in six seasons.

Otherwise, moving up but not into the 1st isn't going to do anything for us. I'd expect them to go WR in round 1 where some good ones will be available at 19th.

If it is true that Whaley and Wrecks are on a very short one-season leash, then trading down for them would be a mistake. Also, with who-knows-who as the next coach, it doesn't necessarily even make any long-term sense. So for that reason, on a one-time basis, I'd be among those suggesting that at trade up to land Goff would be a good move.

"Might not be bad for the team either since Whaley's been horrid at 3rd and later picks anyway in six seasons. " . . . What???

And he can hold out. Bad situation if it comes to it

if tt plays well this year he gets a deal. there's a reason nobody holds out anymore...too much money now. the only one dumb enough was chancellor last year and it cost him 2 million bucks.

• 2 weeks later...