North Carolina GOP Block Gay Anti-Discrimintion Law

http://dailysignal.com/2015/12/21/why-these-high-school-girls-dont-want-transgender-student-a-in-their-locker-room/

Decent article actually giving a voice to other people who are having their rights infringed on for the sake of "equality".

And then there's the ACLU :rolleyes:

From the link above........

In lieu of granting access to the girls’ locker rooms, the school at one point installed a bank of lockers in a private bathroom and encouraged the student to invite friends who were comfortable changing there to move their lockers. This was meant to avert Student A from being forced to change alone.

Student A wasn’t happy with the setup and sought equal access to the locker area because “she wanted to be a girl like every other girl,” the Department of Education’s report said.

But on this front, the school administration wouldn’t budge.

The school originally held its ground based “not only on Student A’s rights and needs, but on the privacy concerns of all students,” the Department of Education noted in its report.

That all changed Nov. 2, when the school received the report saying if it did not change its policies to allow Student A into the girls’ locker rooms, the government could suspend or terminate the school’s federal education funding for violating Title IX regulations.

Title IX is the federal law that bans discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program. Experts disagree whether the law applies to transgenders’ use of separate facilities, although courts in Pennsylvania andVirginia ruled it does not.

Sorry for the reality check.............

You can go back to your false "why are conservatives pushing this" narrative......

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't have link just saw it on new at gym...

Now claiming I'd funding by fed is cut off schools here could lose extra curricular sports and events. Showing football, band, basketball, cheerleaders and field trips to places like the science museum.

Wow NBC is having fun with it here. The story prior was that NC reisdnets support the bill despite gov rating going down.

Mixed messages... !@#$ing joke

Now claiming I'd funding by fed is cut off schools here could lose extra curricular sports and events. Showing football, band, basketball, cheerleaders and field trips to places like the science museum.

Wow NBC is having fun with it here. The story prior was that NC reisdnets support the bill despite gov rating going down.

Sheep ain't gonna fall in line? We ain't gonna feed y'all no mo.

sure. feds get out of my business. oh wait....

kinda like the seniors who berate government healthcare while spending much more than they ever put in through medicare.

sure. feds get out of my business. oh wait....

Does it strike you as odd or wrong that the fate of the funding for a high school football team or cheerleading squad or trip to a local museum should be at the mercy of......THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?

Does it strike you as odd or wrong that the fate of the funding for a high school football team or cheerleading squad or trip to a local museum should be at the mercy of......THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?

nope. there's a simple solution: nc can pay for it all through state tax dollars. independence means paying your own way. did your daddy ever tell you "while your under my roof..." from a cursory review of fed taxes, it appears nc gets about $3k per capita more in fed assist than it pays in taxes (likely a significant amount of the subsidy coming from :"damn yaNKEES"). I suspect if you remove that 3K per person those sports and pleasantries don't get paid for.

Edited by birdog1960

nope. there's a simple solution: nc can pay for it all through state tax dollars. independence means paying your own way. did your daddy ever tell you "while your under my roof..." from a cursory review of fed taxes, it appears nc gets about $3k per capita more in fed assist than it pays in taxes (likely a significant amount of the subsidy coming from :"damn yaNKEES"). I suspect if you remove that 3K per person those sports and pleasantries don't get paid for.

Does it strike you as odd or wrong that the fate of a HS football team which depends on the federal government is being tied directly to whether or not unrelated private businesses accommodate .02% of the population by allowing them to use the wrong bathroom?

Does it strike you as odd or wrong that the fate of a HS football team which depends on the federal government is being tied directly to whether or not unrelated private businesses accommodate .02% of the population by allowing them to use the wrong bathroom?

nope. if it's that minor of an issue (and it is) then the state should blink, not the feds. it's the golden rule

the bigger question is why should the federal gov be paying for hs football. the same people complaining about this are likely the one comlaining about funding for npr, pbs and the arts. but hs football is ok. in fact, to question funding it is utterly ridiculous, right?.

Edited by birdog1960

NOPE. IF IT'S THAT SMALL OF AN ISSUE (AND IT IS) THEN THE STATE SHOULD BLINK, NOT THE FEDS. IT'S THE GOLDEN RULE.

Don't you mean the golden shower rule?

Can you name a single issue which you believe the feds should not control? And if they do control everything can we still call them feds and have it be correct?

Don't you mean the golden shower rule?

Can you name a single issue which you believe the feds should not control? And if they do control everything can we still call them feds and have it be correct?

yes. hs football. they shouldn't be involved in hs football. on the other hand, they should be prosecuting anti trust laws against the nfl.

Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) in upstate New York has a solid baseball team this season. In fact, player Kyle Bestle believes “I think we have a real shot at going to the national championship.”

It would be the culmination of years worth of work, practice, and dedication to reach the nationals. A dream come true.

Alas, it is not to be. Why? Is it because of a player injury? An unfortunate outcome in the qualifying tournament?

Not quite.

The HVCC baseball team will not be going to nationals because of Governor Cuomo’s ban on non-essential travel to North Carolina, a state with the radical notion that bathrooms should be separated by biological identification.

Via CBS 6:

A little more than a week ago, the Hudson Valley Community College men’s baseball team got some tough news.

Players and coaches were told by school officials that should they qualify for the nationals in North Carolina, they won’t be permitted to go, as the college is restricting non-essential travel to the state under Gov. Cuomo’s executive order.

“It certainly doesn’t make much sense that they would impose a ban on young kids that have been working so hard to ultimately reach their goal,” said Dave Bestle.

The ban is in response to a North Carolina law that prohibits transgender people from using restrooms of the gender they associate with.

New York State Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin chastised Cuomo’s “political grandstanding” for possibly preventing “these athletes from participating in a national tournament.”

“Cuomo goes to Cuba and embraces and praises a Communist dictator that jails and/or kills gay people,” McLaughlin wrote, “but a baseball team can’t go to North Carolina because of a law that says use the bathroom of your gender.”

He concluded, “The hypocrisy of Cuomo never ceases to amaze me.”

Cuomo banned travel to North Carolina, while hypocritically travelling to Cuba and planning a future venture to China, both countries with far more abhorrent records on discrimination.

Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) in upstate New York has a solid baseball team this season.

Completely unrelated to anything, but I grew up in that area, and when i was in the seventh grade I participated in a 12-hour dance marathon at HVCC because first place included two bikes for the winning couple, and I wanted to try and win one for my nine-year-old sister.

All the couples had jars which people would put money in, and while I had some donations, I was bare bones. There was one couple from the college who had friends calling friends to borrow money because of the couple of dozen or so couples, most of us didn't have much money in our jars at all. It wouldn't take much for this couple to win.

Near the end of the dance, everyone started hearing about the couple, but also heard about my wanting to get the bike for my sister, so just as the marathon was about to end, all the other couples dumped their jars into mine and I got to bring my sister home a new bike.

Because without it the DNC would cease to exist.

because strip tease is a bit too obvious and not as socially acceptable - shake those pom poms girls! why do mothers think this is a good thing to encourage?

Completely unrelated to anything, but I grew up in that area, and when i was in the seventh grade I participated in a 12-hour dance marathon at HVCC because first place included two bikes for the winning couple, and I wanted to try and win one for my nine-year-old sister.

All the couples had jars which people would put money in, and while I had some donations, I was bare bones. There was one couple from the college who had friends calling friends to borrow money because of the couple of dozen or so couples, most of us didn't have much money in our jars at all. It wouldn't take much for this couple to win.

Near the end of the dance, everyone started hearing about the couple, but also heard about my wanting to get the bike for my sister, so just as the marathon was about to end, all the other couples dumped their jars into mine and I got to bring my sister home a new bike.

And what he doesn't mention is that soon after, his sister started the Spandex Mafia.

Wasn't HVCC the school that kid that would post on here.......LSI?.....went to? Is their team name the HVCC Phlegm?

dare anyone not to think of a cheer leading outfit on Hilary Clinton

One better:

hillary.jpg