Ongoing MMA Thread

Was really hoping Gian Villante would knock out Shogun and came close but should have clinched more when he got hurt.

He had a shot for sure but Shogun clearly was in control. That's the best I've seen him look in awhile.

And I don't know why Mayweather setting a June date for a fight that hasn't been signed is newsworthy. Mayweather is just trying to talk it up more to up the ante. I'd rather see McGregor stay in MMA and make big fights happen in the UFC. A bxoing fight with Mayweather is going to be complete garbage.

Edited by KermitMcDermott

He had a shot for sure but Shogun clearly was in control. That's the best I've seen him look in awhile.

And I don't know why Mayweather setting a June date for a fight that hasn't been signed is newsworthy. Mayweather is just trying to talk it up more to up the ante. I'd rather see McGregor stay in MMA and make big fights happen in the UFC. A bxoing fight with Mayweather is going to be complete garbage.

That fight is all about the money and fame. Also if McG fights Mayweather he will probably get bigger purses in the UFC even if he loses.

Likes the money more than anything.

Aint making money without the fighting

Kelvin Gastelum asked for Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum gets Anderson Silva.

After defeating Vitor Belfort on his home turf in Fortaleza, Brazil, on Saturday, Gastelum called out Silva, another legendary Brazilian fighter. Not only did he want to fight Silva, he wanted to do it at UFC 212, again fighting in Brazil.

UFC officials announced on Tuesday that Gastelum was granted his wish. Although the bout’s placement on the card has yet to be set, the they will meet on June 3 at Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

Kelvin Gastelum asked for Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum gets Anderson Silva.

After defeating Vitor Belfort on his home turf in Fortaleza, Brazil, on Saturday, Gastelum called out Silva, another legendary Brazilian fighter. Not only did he want to fight Silva, he wanted to do it at UFC 212, again fighting in Brazil.

UFC officials announced on Tuesday that Gastelum was granted his wish. Although the bout’s placement on the card has yet to be set, the they will meet on June 3 at Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

Good fight Gastelum should win

That fight is all about the money and fame. Also if McG fights Mayweather he will probably get bigger purses in the UFC even if he loses.

Aint making money without the fighting

He's got plenty of endorsement deals and eventually Hollywood will come calling. He's not in MMA for the long term.

"When a reporter asked when a fight with Mayweather is going to happen, McGregor responded by saying, “We’re getting close, don’t worry about it. You’ll hear about it. I’m out of here. I am boxing!”

Earlier this month, Mayweather said he was “officially” out of retirement for Conor McGregor. The 40-year-old retired in 2015 after beating Andre Berto and improving to 49-0 as a professional, tying Rocky Marciano’s remarkable record."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/watch-ufc%e2%80%99s-conor-mcgregor-causes-scene-at-boxing-event-in-new-york/ar-BByllQ3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes

Heading downtown shortly to soak in the experience

Never been a huge UFC fan but It's another great thing for the city to get the opportunity to host one and I'm looking forward to a different sporting experience than what I'm normally accustomed to. I'm hearing rumors that alot of former and current Bills players will be attending tonight so that will be pretty cool

Two retirements tonight. Shocked about Rumble. Can't believe he thought it was a good idea to wrestle DC. ESPECIALLY after breaking his nose. Striking should have been the only game plan.

Sucks what happened to Weidman too. Gets hit with a borderline knee, ref tells him to take five minutes, and the doctor decides Weidman can't continue. He seemed alright to me. Crap decision.

Edited by Yo no se

Two retirements tonight. Shocked about Rumble. Can't believe he thought it was a good idea to wrestle DC. ESPECIALLY after breaking his nose. Striking should have been the only game plan.

Sucks what happened to Weidman too. Gets hit with a borderline knee, ref tells him to take five minutes, and the doctor decides Weidman can't continue. He seemed alright to me. Crap decision.

Weidman fan, but he was getting his ass kicked and after those knees he looked liked he didn't know where he was. That bad call, imo, was good for him.

I had floor seats. The guy has young children, crowd booed, but I believe it was the best decision. Overall awesome night.

Met Tyrod, he was not in a good mood, guy was kind of a jerk, but he was probably getting mobbed all night. Richie is awesome, super friendly. Had a brief talk with Dareus, he said he feels great for this upcoming season and he feels horrible for missing so many games fwiw. Eric Wood was a cool guy to talk to as well.

Thurman was there too but never got to speak with him.

^^^ Very cool you got to meet some Bills.

Big Rumble fan but I was wondering if he would retire after a loss. He's had a good career but most likely would never hold a title if he continued. Some classic knockouts for sure.

Looking forward to see if DC can avenge his loss to Jones.