Liberal Protests

B-Man

IT IS A RIDDLE WRAPPED IN A MYSTERY INSIDE AN ENIGMA; BUT PERHAPS THERE IS A KEY: 

Exhausted cities face another challenge: a surge in violence.

NEW YORK (AP) — Still reeling from the coronavirus pandemic and street protests over the police killing of George Floyd, exhausted cities around the nation are facing yet another challenge: a surge in shootings that has left dozens dead, including young children.

The spike defies easy explanation, experts say, pointing to the toxic mix of issues facing America in 2020: an unemployment rate not seen in a generation, a pandemic that has killed more than 130,000 people, stay-at-home orders, rising anger over police brutality, intense stress, even the weather.

Related:

● NYPD limits retirement applications amid 400 percent surge this week.

● New York City Proves You Don’t Have to Defund the Police, You Can Just Demoralize Them.

● Work begins on massive Black Lives Matter mural outside Trump Tower.

“A stretch of Fifth Avenue between East 56th and 57th streets was closed to traffic as city Department of Transportation workers began measuring and stenciling the giant yellow letters onto the pavement with spray paint and tape just after 8 a.m. The Mayor Bill de Blasio-sanctioned mural will then be painted by local artists starting at 11 a.m., with Hizzoner expected to show up later….

• Thank you (+1) 1

BLM is simply a group meant to promote far leftist groups with a brilliant name that if you say you're against them, you are inherently racist.

This is why we should now refer to the group as BLM and the movement, which I am all for, as Black Lives Matter.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

BLM is simply a group meant to promote far leftist groups with a brilliant name that if you say you're against them, you are inherently racist.

This is why we should now refer to the group as BLM and the movement, which I am all for, as Black Lives Matter.

Big "B" versus little "b."  As I said before, whoever came up with the Black Lives Matter name is a marketing genius. People cannot (will not) differentiate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

I saw this on the news, some white woman was so upset and says she was offended by that sign, she was crying and wants whoever put that up fired. Please, someone tell me what's so offensive about that sign.

She must have taken her training on whiteness to heart. She's upset because white people should NOT be made to feel safe or comfortable. It just reeks of privilege to expect those things.

Edited by LB3

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And yet look at what they did.There are calls to burn down the building! Read the twitter thread, it was simply appalling.

I did read it a bit. Some are calling it “beautiful”!   I assume there are other departments that work in that building. They have zero respect for public or private property.  Their mothers must be so proud of them. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Big "B" versus little "b."  As I said before, whoever came up with the Black Lives Matter name is a marketing genius. People cannot (will not) differentiate.

You mean that the Fairness Doctrine isn't fair? The Affordable Care Act isn't cheaper? The Democrat Party is really the Democratic Party? What other names do we know that the dems come up with to disguise their true intention?

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You mean that the Fairness Doctrine isn't fair? The Affordable Care Act isn't cheaper? The Democrat Party is really the Democratic Party? What other names do we know that the dems come up with to disguise their true intention?

The better the name, the worse the bill actually is, has always been my motto. The Patriot Act is a shining example.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How dare you people defend your home?

It's legal to have it but don't let anyone see it? Announce to the mob that the St. Louis property is no longer defended with weapons? Nothing bad could happen there.

• Like (+1) 2