oline 5 starters returning.

Going from 8 to 10 wins is a big step. It's not like improving from 6 to 8 wins.

But with continuity and hopefully less injuries is certainly possible. Our AFC East rivals do not appear to be doing anything that would greatly improve their teams.

(EDIT: Defensively) Rex is going to be working with less in terms of personnel next season. Something he has done in the past.....so not really an issue. The "great" Aaron Williams may return We lost him for most of the season so wasnt a factor last year, Kyle Williams is another year older again lost him early due to an injury, they need to find another starting DE when you consider that Alex Carrington gave the same production as Mario Willams and that this is a strong draft for DL......do you really think this is gonna be a problem?, and they're thin at ILB and OLB there is a draft......Preston Brown probably changes positions in the LB group. It appears guys like 10 year vet Manny Lawson will log serious minutes and he fit RR's defense pretty well sooo? and the CB depth is minimal Is it? How many games did McKelvin miss last year.....only to come back and a safety?. I don't understand how this translates into a very good, as in top 10, defense.

It translates because players will have a better understanding of their roles....you probably see Marcel get slipped out of that NT role and more of a attacking 5 tech with a LEGIT NT brought in somewhere......dont discount having the 2nd year in a complcated defense as a possiblity of improvement

It's not an automatic Buffalo improves. They could just as well regress or, more likely, remain an 8-9 win team.

The offense returns almost completely intact.....which took a big jump last year. Basically.....if the D improves (after retaining most players and a strong D draft) then we could get to 10 wins

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking the same as I read this thread. Hopefully, we use the draft on offense to improve vs. replace. The problem is we'll probably need 5 of those 7 slots on defense constructing Rex's defense. It better work.

They lost Mario and Bradham as starters, so I'm not so sure they need 5 of 7 focused there, definitely the first 2 picks though. I think they will also bring in some cheap vets for depth too.

They lost Mario and Bradham as starters, so I'm not so sure they need 5 of 7 focused there, definitely the first 2 picks though. I think they will also bring in some cheap vets for depth too.

I think they need to add 4 solid defensive players this offseason: a 0-tech NT, a coverage ILB, another edge defender, and a safety.

On offense, they need another WR that will crack the top-3 on the depth chart, a competitor at RT, and a primary backup for the interior of the OL.

They need to get at least 2 of the above in FA.

If Tyrod didn't play vs pats, Eagles, skins we might be in running for wildcard too.

If Ryan L Billz did not post Bills might be Superbowl champion.

Might is a very vague word which means to could be or could not be hence useless.

Woulda coulda shoulda

if-youre-not-first-youre-last.jpg

Were you first poster? No hence you are poster child for last, right?

I think they need to add 4 solid defensive players this offseason: a 0-tech NT, a coverage ILB, another edge defender, and a safety.

On offense, they need another WR that will crack the top-3 on the depth chart, a competitor at RT, and a primary backup for the interior of the OL.

I agree 100% with your assessment. The way the draft board falls, I think Whaley will trade down and acquire more picks. The second round is the strength of this draft IMO. Su'a and DJ Reader are two players I think Buffalo is taking a look at

I agree 100% with your assessment. The way the draft board falls, I think Whaley will trade down and acquire more picks. The second round is the strength of this draft IMO. Su'a and DJ Reader are two players I think Buffalo is taking a look at

I would love to get either Cravens or Deion Jones to play the Will in round 2.

Reader is one of my guys; I'd love to land either him or Javon Hargrave to play the nose.

:worthy: Any chance Whaley needs and assistant? I like how you're thinking!

If Tyrod didn't play vs pats, Eagles, skins we might be in running for wildcard too.

And you accuse me of always bringing things back to EJ? This is why. You take a perfectly normal thread about the OL and use it as a forum to bash Taylor by intimating that Manuel would've beaten the Redskins? Are you serious? Do you recall the tackling on Kirk Cousins' TD run that day? You really are Bills Fan 4 ever incarnate.

8-8 is good? Well gets the bands and floats ready and let's have a parade!

You said 8-8 was bad and then called someone out for saying it was good. Really think about that for a second. Edited by metzelaars_lives

And you accuse me of always bringing things back to EJ? This is why. You take a perfectly normal thread about the OL and use it as a forum to bash Taylor.

It's simple math. Tyrod lost those 4 games.

If qb "x" plays and wins wildcard is an option.

Take it easy.

It's simple math. Tyrod lost those 4 games.

If qb "x" plays and wins wildcard is an option.

Take it easy.

No QB in the NFL was beating the Redskins that day with our defense. Virtually every other QB in the NFL, including backups, beats Jacksonville in London. You insinuated that our backup would've won those games.

No QB in the NFL was beating the Redskins that day with our defense. Virtually every other QB in the NFL, including backups, beats Jacksonville in London. You insinuated that our backup would've won those games.

Just make out already, you've been dancing for months.

For someone with Miller's size and run-blocking skill, it doesn't make sense to say he has a low ceiling. He does have a long way to go with hand technique and I'm not sure how smart he is (low wonderlic), so who knows if he'll ever reach his potential.

and yet he has been spoken of highly for his football smarts and study..

John Miller will learn the game. he is very strong, hence his run blocking. All 2 review shows he needs quite a bit of technique work. Something may have missed without Kromer? god point leGoat!

I think Miller and Hendy will either show well this year or not be viable next year.

as far as CK, Roman had him in many times in overloads. later in the year. Richardson i do not hold much hope for but i always enjoy being surprised when a player changes my mnd!

I am delighted with the continuity this year. Both in Coaches and players alike.

You said 8-8 was bad and then called someone out for saying it was good. Really think about that for a second.

I realize the irony of a 50/50 win percentage being deemed one or the other but this is football. If you don't make the playoffs at minimum then you are bad. Typically that takes double digit wins so 8-8 is bad

I realize the irony of a 50/50 win percentage being deemed one or the other but this is football. If you don't make the playoffs at minimum then you are bad. Typically that takes double digit wins so 8-8 is bad

Nope.

If you make the playoffs, then you're good. If you don't, then you're not good, but may be anywhere from decent to horrible.

That's simple logic.

No it's .500. It is the very definition of average, which is exactly in between good and bad.

Just make out already, you've been dancing for months.

How do you know we haven't already?

No it's .500. It is the very definition of average, which is exactly in between good and bad.

Average record in the NFL is 7-9 which is a team like Detroit who stinks so much that their best player would rather retire than play.

Average record in the NFL is 7-9 which is a team like Detroit who stinks so much that their best player would rather retire than play.

I can assure you that the average record of all NFL teams since the dawn of time is 8-8 (or 7-7 when they played a 14 game schedule). Similarly the average record for MLB teams and NBA teams every single year since the inception of both leagues has been 81-81 and 41-41 respectively. Every year. I am often times right when arguing with someone who is wrong but at least it's a subjective position that the other person takes (ie. EJ Manuel could still develop into a franchise QB prior to the 2015 season). This may be the first time that I have ever engaged in an argument on TBD where I can actually prove I'm right using simple arithmetic.

Here's a fun exercise you can try at home. Go through the NFL standings from last season. Add up every teams' wins and then add up every teams' losses (those numbers will be the same). Then divide each number by 32. Betcha can't guess what those numbers will be...

And furthermore, if 7-9 were in fact average, then 8-8 would be above average! You are arguing that 8-8 is poor. Dude just give it up already.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

We will draft a RT somewhere in the first 4 rounds of the draft this year who will end up being our starter.

Agreed. Maybe even a higher pick. Or in the 1st if they think he can play LT in the future and RT for now.

But, to your original point, very glad to have 4 starters back!!