In your opinion, what decade was NFL football at its best?

dpberr

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up in the 70s, it's hard to ague that this wasn't the best era. Super fun team in Pittsburg. Great runs from Oakland, Miami and San Diego. Orange Crush in Denver. Great team in Dallas. Sad time for the Bills though

Having just started following the Bills in 1970, the emergence of the Juice under Lou Saban was awesome. I hated losing to the Dolphins twice a year during the 70's but there were some exciting games in that series where they almost won. Since the Cowboys were on TV every week, they were my 2nd team and they were good in the 70's with Roger the Dodger, winning 2 Super Bowls. The Steelers winning 4 Super Bowls in the 70s was a little over the top but they were an impressive team to watch.

No matter your age, you can answer this question. As a football fan, what decade of the NFL did you find it to be at its best? Best could be defined a variety of ways - the decade you found it the most entertaining or the one where you felt most invested.

The 90s of course, we were awesome the whole decade (plus the best music)

and they still played smashmouth but still lit up scoreboards, now it's just pansy ball but got keep the concussions down.

At its best, well the 80's are out because of all the labor trouble.

The 90's were great for the Bills.

But id say the mid 1995-2005. You had enough good to great QB and almost 1/2 the teams in the league made the Super Bowl in that span.

This brings up one very valid point

The Bills never won the Super Bowl when it actually meant something.

Winning now has pretty much become "waiting your turn," in this day and age of parity and rule changes.

If the Bills win now, it'll be ho-hum, if you ask me. They missed their chance to be legitimate champions and I think that really sucks.

wow, you are on a roll, with all this "parity and waiting our turn" we have sucked more then ever, if you can't get excited about the Bills winning now you have issues :doh::doh::doh: