Bills make playoffs in 2005 under JP?

HurlyBurly51

Bills make playoffs in 2005 under JP?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Bills make playoffs in 2005 under JP?

• Yes
    • No

Should I make this wager with some non Bills fans at work? If so, should I keep it conservative or is it like stealing candy from a baby? I'm leaning towards making the bet that they will make the playoffs, but feel the odds are stacked against me so I should receive some sort of compensation for that additional risk.

We damn well better go to the playoffs. I expect nothing less, and I'm not going to be too patient with Losman, nor make excuses for him. If he's capable of playing better than Drew, which is why he is starting, and last year we were one or two plays away from the playoffs, then we should go to the playoffs.

I've had it with missing the playoffs. No excuses. Playoffs or heads roll.

Should I make this wager with some non Bills fans at work?  If so, should I keep it conservative or is it like stealing candy from a baby?  I'm leaning towards making the bet that they will make the playoffs, but feel the odds are stacked against me so I should receive some sort of compensation for that additional risk.

244044[/snapback]

Hell if you can get odds, take em! Betting is about money, not pride.

Of course I voted yes, but it is far from a sure thing. We didn't make the playoffs this year and we weren't the only good team who was shut out.

Strange, I thought I read somewhere that people would be happy with a 5-6 win season as long as Losman was the starter?

Most be that internet connection to the Twilight Zone screwing me up....

244118[/snapback]

Dammit...if I've told you guys once, I've told you a thousand times...someone PLEASE make sure the cover on the trash bin is securely locked in place before you leave.

Strange, I thought I read somewhere that people would be happy with a 5-6 win season as long as Losman was the starter?

Most be that internet connection to the Twilight Zone screwing me up....

244118[/snapback]

strange, i thought i read somewhere that you would be gone for a while.

you never answered my question: bro or man-ziere?

A year ago, I would have responded no right away. However, after seeing what big ben accomplished this year with the steelers, i'll say yes to the playoffs.

The defense and special teams, especially the running game have to be very good and the pieces should fall into place. A subpar performance by these two units gives a very difficult task in making the playoffs.

This poll is amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I know people are voting with their hearts, but you are only setting yourself up for dissappointment.

Let's not forget that the Bills play in the AFC East with the Pats, Jets and Dolphins.

That equates to a 3-3 record within the division at best (swept by the Pats, split with the Jets, sweep the fins). NE wins the division.

So, the Bills will have to win a WC. 9 wins couldn't do it last year, it won't do it this year either. They are going to need to get 10 or 11 wins. To jump from 9-7 to 10-6 or 11-5 with a first year QB at the helm is not going to happen.

While I hope I'm wrong, I don't see this team making the playoffs. I'm going to wait until FA to make a real prediction, but I will be shocked if they even win 8 games.

This poll is amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I know people are voting with their hearts, but you are only setting yourself up for dissappointment.

Let's not forget that the Bills play in the AFC East with the Pats, Jets and Dolphins.

That equates to a 3-3 record within the division at best (swept by the Pats, split with the Jets, sweep the fins). NE wins the division.

So, the Bills will have to win a WC. 9 wins couldn't do it last year, it won't do it this year either. They are going to need to get 10 or 11 wins. To jump from 9-7 to 10-6 or 11-5 with a first year QB at the helm is not going to happen.

While I hope I'm wrong, I don't see this team making the playoffs. I'm going to wait until FA to make a real prediction, but I will be shocked if they even win 8 games.

244413[/snapback]

Is it OK to hope you're shocked? LOL