Whaley should find QB's with similar skill sets of Taylor

gjv001

when TT gets injured, which he will, the bills season as currently constructed is OVER !!

that can't be said about any other player or position.

I realize, it's in the teams SHORT term (Band-Aid) interest to draft the best player available at another position of need.

it's in the teams LONG term (perennial playoffs) interest to draft or sign another QB as good or better than TT.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when TT gets injured, which he will, the bills season as currently constructed is OVER !!

I realize, it's in the teams SHORT term (Band-Aid) interest to draft the best player available at another position of need.

it's in the teams LONG term (perennial playoffs) interest to draft or sign another QB as good or better than TT.

To be fair, how many playoff caliber teams are still playoff caliber with their starting QB missing significant time? Do most teams carry two pro-bowl QBs?

Edited by Dorkington

To be fair, how many playoff caliber teams are still playoff caliber with their starting QB missing significant time? Do most teams carry two pro-bowl QBs?

i'm a huge TT fan....

but he was protected by OC Roman and is what I would call the ultimate game manager......risk adverse.

he may or may not become a true franchise QB....I'm cheering for him.

having said that, i'm drafting high or signing another QB who I believe can become a franchise QB.

the most recent super bowl winning team Denver, had a pretty good backup QB that contributed heavily to home field advantage.

Having a great backup QB, but a ****ty defense, because we decided to draft/sign another QB or two would be kinda dumb, imo. We have too many other needs to waste a high pick on a top QB talent, and we don't have enough cap space to re-sign guys, and fill holes, to sign a potential FA QB.

I just don't see how this is realistic.

Having a great backup QB, but a ****ty defense, because we decided to draft/sign another QB or two would be kinda dumb, imo. We have too many other needs to waste a high pick on a top QB talent, and we don't have enough cap space to re-sign guys, and fill holes, to sign a potential FA QB.

I just don't see how this is realistic.

and my point is ........that everything you are saying is true for the upcoming season. we are better off filing another need before investing a high draft pick or F/A $$ on another QB.

and that short term goal argument could be made every year thereafter.

in that scenario , you lessen the odds of hitting on a Franchise QB. the most important position by far.

Edited by papazoid

Do people forget that Tyrod never got full first team reps during training camp and most of preseason? The fact that he played this well, while not developing much chemistry with his receivers on the field before the season even started is pretty amazing. I think he should be our franchise guy but this year will be more telling. The guy needs another WR opposite of Sammy. Someone like Travis Benjamin would be a great FA signing

On a team that stresses the run and plays good defense (I hope) the season will most definately not be over if they can draft a kid that doesnt lose games......

TT needs to be groomed in training camp to be more smart and go down

Do people forget that Tyrod never got full first team reps during training camp and most of preseason? The fact that he played this well, while not developing much chemistry with his receivers on the field before the season even started is pretty amazing. I think he should be our franchise guy but this year will be more telling. The guy needs another WR opposite of Sammy. Someone like Travis Benjamin would be a great FA signing

I agree. He is going to get a ton more reps in Romans system and also more reps with his WRs and TEs to get timing and such things dialed in.

And i also agree they could use another threat opposite SW.

I still like Robert W but i dont think he is a " threat" as much as a consistent player who works hard.

This season will define him, TT that is.

Let EJM back him up and draft one to develop.

good to go

Tyrod doesn't even run that much. When he does it's awesome and works well..but it isn't a routine/predictable part of our strategy. Pretty much any QB that isn't a statue (which few are these days) can take the same exact snaps as Tyrod IMO.

Edited by dayman

Randall was solid like Flutie, Cam is not like TT and Russell is the only one, so one, no thanks (don't forget Vick)

TT runs when he gets in trouble not look down field for the open receiver, also for some reason he doesn't throw to targets in the middle. TT is not a pocket passer first and until we get one we will be looking for a QB

Dude did you watch any games? If anything TT didn't take off soon enough. He had chances to run and gave them up for throws. He was great over the middle the second half of the season. He did everything you could hope for and with an intact O-line and healthy Sammy all year he has a good chance to be a superstar next year.