Super Bowl 50: Broncos vs. Panthers

Super Bowl 50 Winner  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Super Bowl 50?

• Panthers and the New School Cam
    • Broncos and the Old Mann-ing

Super Bowl 2016: How to watch Super Bowl 50 on TV, online on CBS
Here's everything you need to know in order to watch -- or plan a Super Bowl party around -- the big game.

After besting Tom Brady again in the AFC Championship, Peyton Manning is just one more win away from being back in the conversation for best-ever.

Panthers' emphasis on team propels them to SB50

The Panthers may have a collection of all-star talent on the field, but NFL Media's Albert Breer writes it's the way they handle things off the field that makes them the favorite to win it all.

The Broncos and Panthers have punched their tickets to Santa Clara and will meet in Super Bowl 50. Here's an early look at the matchup.

@AP_NFL

Super Bowl 50: Residents list rentals at super-sized prices: http://apne.ws/1UlrxGG

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see virtually no outcome in my mind where Denver wins. I think the Broncos D keeps them in it for a while but Carolina's D is no joke either and I don't see Denver scoring more than 17 points. I think Carolina shuts down the run and dares Manning to try and beat them deep which likely ends in disaster. Even a few of the deep balls that were caught yesterday were badly underthrown like a Fitz deep ball and should have been picked...the one Sanders caught over Butler immediately comes to mind...

That is just not going to cut it against that team. I see them losing by at least 10, and I can see the game getting out of hand quickly if Carolina goes up by 2 TDs early and they force Denver to throw more than they want. So either Carolina by 10+, or Carolina in a blowout like yesterday.

Edited by matter2003

I see virtually no outcome in my mind where Denver wins. I think the Broncos D keeps them in it for a while but Carolina's D is no joke either and I don't see Denver scoring more than 17 points. I think Carolina shuts down the run and dares Manning to try and beat them deep which likely ends in disaster. Even a few of the deep balls that were caught yesterday were badly underthrown like a Fitz deep ball and should have been picked...the one Sanders caught over Butler immediately comes to mind...

That is just not going to cut it against that team. I see them losing by at least 10, and I can see the game getting out of hand quickly if Carolina goes up by 2 TDs early and they force Denver to throw more than they want. So either Carolina by 10+, or Carolina in a blowout like yesterday.

I agree pretty much to the letter. Denver simply cannot afford even a single turnover. Their D is very strong and will need to force more than 1 turnover. I can't see Denver driving the field for a TD more than one time in the game. It's a game so things can happen but for Denver to win Carolina will have to make mistakes IMO.

I agree pretty much to the letter. Denver simply cannot afford even a single turnover. Their D is very strong and will need to force more than 1 turnover. I can't see Denver driving the field for a TD more than one time in the game. It's a game so things can happen but for Denver to win Carolina will have to make mistakes IMO.

I think Denver would need at least 2 non offensive TDs, like 2 defensive touchdowns, or a special teams and defensive touchdown, or 2 special teams TDs, etc...

It is a game and crazy stuff can happen...returns, blocked kicks, one missed assignment leasing to something bad, tipped passes, etc...thing is, even with those, I still think Denver gets held to FGs even on a short field unless they return it for a TD...

If they win, and I can't see it, it's gonna be because they get 2 non offensive TDs...

It sure looks like the only chance Denver has is if Carolina becomes stupid and overconfident. I wouldn't necessarily bet on that, but i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I really think Newton has a screw loose, so that might give Denver a chance (?).

Really, I just want to see Wade win, and that is the best I can do to make it seem plausible to myself. That was an absurd beating they put on Arizona last night.

I expect Carolina to win, but I certainly hope the game is more competitive than the Seattle vs. Denver Super Bowl.

I feel it is going to be the exact same scenario. Carolina looks unstoppable. Newton can scoot so Denver wont be able to just rush like the did against Brady. If they do look for 100+ rush yards from Cam.

Carolina wings big 38 - 13

Something is being missed here, the Panthers WR's are Tedd Ginn, a guy who calls himself Philly Brown, and Funchess? The Broncos have Talib, CHJ, Robey...they also have Danny T. and Brandon Marshall whom can both help with coverage on Olsen. If Ward is able to play the Denver defense matches up well against Carolina. All the info above equates to a ton of guys at or around the LOS.

Carolina may or may not win but it will be a close game. If "Mary" Thomas starts playing like a man again and Peyton stays upright i take the broncos 23-20.