AFC Playoff: Chiefs at Patriots

YoloinOhio

Nothing is suspendible for your favorite team. If a guy made a hit on Brady the same way you'd be calling for a jail sentence.

Amendola could have broken his own damn neck. He's an idiot.

This is what drives me crazy about this board. Why not comment on the topic....what is the point of a post simply to attack a poster. Who cares if he likes the patriots....that has nothing at all to do with the topic of spearing on that play. The bigger issue from an infraction stand point is that the hit occurred when the player did not have the ball. That is an issue, the tackle was a text book shoulder tackle.

Until they make a human whose head doesn't protrude past his shoulders, the helmet will have to pass by before the shoulder can make contact.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what drives me crazy about this board. Why not comment on the topic....what is the point of a post simply to attack a poster. Who cares if he likes the patriots....that has nothing at all to do with the topic of spearing on that play. The bigger issue from an infraction stand point is that the hit occurred when the player did not have the ball. That is an issue, the tackle was a text book shoulder tackle.

Until they make a human whose head doesn't protrude past his shoulders, the helmet will have to pass by before the shoulder can make contact.

A textbook tackle involves the tackler's head being up. There is an entire program designed to teach kids to tackle called heads up. Would you say that little douche bag had his head up?

Whether it's a suspendible act or not aside, he's lucky he didn't break that guy's neck, the hit was so high.

As you'll see from my other post, I worry more about the Chief player's neck. This could have been a real Darryl Stingley moment-style tragedy.

Either neck could have broken.

A textbook tackle involves the tackler's head being up. There is an entire program designed to teach kids to tackle called heads up. Would you say that little douche bag had his head up?

Either neck could have broken.

You don't want a discussion, you just want to be nasty and negative, which is pointless.

Based on the mechanical function of vertebrae, it is infinitely more difficult to break a neck by forcing the head backwards as it is when being tucked under and forced down.....ala darryl Stingley.

Again, a glancing side blow of a helmet is not a penalty. A shoulder pad the makes contact to the chest and up under the chin is by definition not a penalty. But the pendulum is so far to one side right now, any tackle that results in the head appearing to snap in any direction gets called as a personal foul.

But the discussion was about spearing, which it was not.

You don't want a discussion, you just want to be nasty and negative, which is pointless.

Based on the mechanical function of vertebrae, it is infinitely more difficult to break a neck by forcing the head backwards as it is when being tucked under and forced down.....ala darryl Stingley.

Again, a glancing side blow of a helmet is not a penalty. A shoulder pad the makes contact to the chest and up under the chin is by definition not a penalty. But the pendulum is so far to one side right now, any tackle that results in the head appearing to snap in any direction gets called as a personal foul.

Why is the safety program called heads up?

its pretty important to all the other teams playing this weekend

You don't win in the postseason running the ball. When was the last time a super bowl mvp was the RB? It's a QB driven league now. Patriots are proving that with a senior citizen at RB that they grabbed from the scrap pile. Nobody pays a RB big bucks and then wins anymore. You either have a QB or you don't have a chance these days

You don't win in the postseason running the ball. When was the last time a super bowl mvp was the RB? It's a QB driven league now. Patriots are proving that with a senior citizen at RB that they grabbed from the scrap pile. Nobody pays a RB big bucks and then wins anymore. You either have a QB or you don't have a chance these days

I think Alex Smith played good that fumble really hurt them. and also the no call on 1st Gronk TD where he pushed off wasnt good either. Had Jamaar Charles not been injured all season, and their 2nd RB injured during the game, I doubt that game changing fumble would have happened either. Regardless the Broncos are gonna spank the Pats in the championship game. !@#$ the Cheats. Denvers Def is better then the chiefs and their running game is real solid, its gonnna be a classic game to watch I Just hope its in mile high so theirs less chance of cheating.

Edited by Marty McFly

of course you need a QB. My post was in regard to their 16-1 pass to run ratio in the 1st qtr. You said it goes to show running isn't important. I said it is important to the other teams who are more balanced in their offense. How that becomes that I don't think you need a QB, I have no idea. The Pats can win with any RB because they don't need to depend on running the ball as part of their offense, but teams without an elite QB do need a good RB/rushing attack to be able to succeed. The Pats are more of an exception than the rule, because of Brady. IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Pats* can get away without running when they play a team like KC whose best pass rushers (Houston and Hali) are playing hurt and whose offense cannot score. Against a team who can actually pressure them by scoring it won't be as easy.

The Chiefs tried to check down to a title. Aint happening!

In order to beat NE* you need TOUCHDOWNS, and lots of them. Only a team with a proven QB who can move the ball consistently has a shot at them.

IF Peyton can play like he used to for a couple of games Denver could very well beat them.

Alex Smith is a mediocre check down king. If the other team doesn't turn it over 4 times in a half the Chiefs aren't going to get a big lead.

Edited by TheFunPolice

The Pats* can get away without running when they play a team like KC whose best pass rushers (Houston and Hali) are playing hurt and whose offense cannot score. Against a team who can actually pressure them by scoring it won't be as easy.

In order to beat NE* you need TOUCHDOWNS, and lots of them. Only a team with a proven QB who can move the ball consistently has a shot at them.

IF Peyton can play like he used to for a couple of games Denver could very well beat them.

Alex Smith is a mediocre check down king. If the other team doesn't turn it over 4 times in a half the Chiefs aren't going to get a big lead.

if the Broncos win today and the Pats need to go the Denver last week, they will wish they had had a running game those last few weeks of the season when they didn't have Edelman and Gronk and the OL was too banged up to protect Brady ... If they had, they may have had HFA throughout the playoffs.

I agree. When they were booting field goals, I kept saying "They aren't going to win by doing that...they need TD's to beat the Patriots!"

That as well as "They ain't going to win if they don't put any pressure on Brady!" I remember...we did it for a 1/2 a game once and it actually worked!

And the time management at the end of the game actually made our blundering coaching staff look halfway good. Man, that was God-awful!

KC was a cute little story, but I never took them seriously. That offense was not good enough. Sure, if Hoyer throws 4 INT in a half they can get a couple field goals out of it, but seriously!

Denver's defense is incredible, and they should be healthy, and at home.

All Manning has to do is have an average Peyton Manning career game, and not throw a pick. IF that happens they have a 40% shot of beating NE* I think.

KC was a cute little story, but I never took them seriously. That offense was not good enough. Sure, if Hoyer throws 4 INT in a half they can get a couple field goals out of it, but seriously!

Denver's defense is incredible, and they should be healthy, and at home.

All Manning has to do is have an average Peyton Manning career game, and not throw a pick. IF that happens they have a 40% shot of beating NE* I think.

they were down to 3 WRs and none of them starters. Patriots maximized that by forcing Smith to pass. Instead of managing the game which he does very well.

Injuries are why they lost. Not coaching or one instance of clock management. IMHO

I was happy to see that the Chiefs of all teams got within 7 of the Pats* in Foxborough

That tells me that a team like Denver (if they make it through this game healthy) has a real shot of being right there with them. Also, if the Denver DBs make a play somewhere the entire game changes.

If Manning gets hot the Denver Broncos could win it all. Their defense is stacked. The DL alone rotates in a guy that is better than probably half the starting DEs in the league.

Here's the textbook

Do you consider it on topic or do you consider it an attack because it completely refutes your "point"?

Here's the textbook

Do you consider it on topic or do you consider it an attack because it completely refutes your "point"?

uh here's your comment towards another poster:

"Nothing is suspendible for your favorite team. If a guy made a hit on Brady the same way you'd be calling for a jail sentence.

Amendola could have broken his own damn neck. He's an idiot."

If I have to explain how that is an attack and adds nothing to the topic.....I am just wasting time. It's a discussion board, so have a discussion.

uh here's your comment towards another poster:

"Nothing is suspendible for your favorite team. If a guy made a hit on Brady the same way you'd be calling for a jail sentence.

Amendola could have broken his own damn neck. He's an idiot."

If I have to explain how that is an attack and adds nothing to the topic.....I am just wasting time. It's a discussion board, so have a discussion.

Here's a quote from you:

My next post:

Pointed out that Amendola's tackle was anything but textbook.

Your next post:

Did not address how Amendola positioned his head on that play nor did it address the national program put together by the NFL to teach kids how to tackle. It starts by emphasizing the exact opposite of what Amendola did. The fact that at top speed his helmet barely missed the other guys head probably saved one or both of them from a major injury and it is hard to buy any notion that Amendola could have 100% control of both his movements and the movements of the runner when his head was posted like a missile.

My next post simply included a link the the NFL web site which showed a little bit about the tackling program and asked if Amendola's tackle was consistent with that technique. Unable to address that, you went back to a previous post and went after it again.

You have lost this argument.

You seem to think that because you state something over and over that it is true. That Amendola did not make contact with the crown of his helmet may very likely (most likely) have been by design and not accident. You are taking what you see and applying your own interpretation of what you think could've would've should've happened....uh, but didn't.

Amendola positioned his head how many players do when preparing for a shoulder tackle. Could or should he have had his head up, medically yes that is preferred, realistically that posture occurs multiple times in every football game played....included the sand lot tackle games without helmets or pads. As I stated, that is a text book shoulder tackle as it has been taught forever.

The heads-up tackling program is to teach children (again, children) the proper technique for safe tackling to protect them against neck injuries. That doesn't mean every tackle on every play would result in the guy with his head craned back so his head is up. You are oversimplifying a very complex set of motions with a catchy program name.

Lastly, i have addressed every one of your opinions (which you confuse with facts) but you have made it perfectly clear that you believe you know things that cannot be proven. I have even quoted the rule book which is what defines an illegal "crown of the helmet" foul.

Beyond that, i stated that you attacked a poster and added nothing to the conversation, then posted the quote as evidence...and you have yet to address that.

You clearly believe you are right, so based on that, you are right....you "win" the argument and I "lose", all evidence to the contrary is just chaff.

CU_c4gQUsAIF5nT.pngrugby-360.jpgseahawks-tackling-300.jpgdanny-amendola-hit.jpg