Jets fire ST coord. Bobby April;going to coach for Mularkey

YoloinOhio

special teams (and really all phases of the game) depends on the talent. When April was here we kept a lot of ST stars instead of depth for offense and defense.

and the year before we had him the Rams fired him and their ST were absolutely brutal. We played them that year and our ST ran roughshod over them, huge returns, turnovers, etc. Mike Martz called his team's ST performance the worst thing he'd ever seen.

The first year of Marrone and Crossman when our ST were terrible and everyone went nuts here, and many were screaming for Bobby April back, the only team in the league with worse ST was Oakland coached by Bobby April.

yeah I'm not interested in his return based on recent track record. Awkward if we fire Crossman/with April's son on staff though. Hope they explore all options and don't just pull that trigger. Edited by YoloinOhio

yeah I'm not interested in his return based on recent track record. Awkward if we fire Crossman/with April's son on staff though. Hope they explore all options and don't just pull that trigger.

The Bills need to find the next Tyler Lockett in this year's draft.

I hated Bobby April

The Bills gave him so much power in the personal department that we had absolutely no depth for years. They had to sign guys off the street to start at LB when Poz got his annual hangnail and was IRed with a two week injury.

Sure we had a few exciting punt returns and kick returns. Lindell and Moorman were consistent and who doesn't love a punt fake? But his insistence that he needed specific guys to master ST was the Bills downfall in that time frame. Say what you want about Dickie J, but he produced 7-9 teams with guys signed off the street most years. If he was the coach last year with our depth, no doubt we would have been a playoff team

• 2 weeks later...

He was great until the wedge rules changed. Then he became bad

That seems to be true. He might have been a true master of the wedge - how to run it and how to defeat it.

With the wedge illegal, that expertise is now moot.

Just speculating.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Wow.

Get r done, buddy!!!

I was just googling him the other day, wishing we had him back. Best ST coach the bills have had in

My lifetime.

That was because Marv Levy was also a special team coach under the late Redskin HC George Allen and Marv put a lot of effort in helping with ST's. Marv was never a DC or OC and in my view, he was the biggest reason why the Buffalo Bills special teams were so dominate back then.