#2 QB next year

HT02

Bills had the ball after the Pick-6 and the Jax TD that followed, with a chance to take the lead again. Unfortunately, EJ was no longer going up against the Jax prevent defense, and he stumbled and bumbled his way into turning over the ball on downs. He is a proven POS of a QB (nice guy though). If TT goes down for a couple games again next year & the Bills miss the playoffs because their back-up QB is garbage, some heads may roll, and sad to say but it would only serve them right.

Rico, I suspect I'm wasting electrons here, but you do know that the Bills have turned the ball over on downs multiple times when it would have helped them to not in the 4th QB, with Taylor at the helm, right? It's one of the gaps in his game right now, as called out by Whaley.

Consider KC. 22-27, a TD gives the Bills the lead, TT throws two incomplete short passes to turn the ball over on downs. The Bills D gives up a FG, but a score and a 2 point conversion still ties it. TT fumbles, and the Bills turn it over on downs. End of game.

Consider the Iggles. 20-20, tied game, a FG gives the Bills the lead, TT throws deep incomplete on 3rd and 4 and the Bills turn it over on downs. Next 2 possessions, 20-23, a FG ties it, Bills go 3 and out and turn it over on downs twice. End of game.

Those were two game winnable in the 4Q where the Bills, led by TT, turned it over on downs and went belly-up.

I'm not trying to say EJ is a good player or TT is a bad player, which is how a certain type of poster usually twists this kind of response. I'm saying that when fans filter a player through a certain type of lens, they tend to vilify in one guy what they excuse in another.

Given a lead in the 4th Q or a chance to take the lead in the 4Q, good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose while their fans point fingers, usually at one or two "scapegoat" players.

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to give a kid like Dak Prescott a chance to be #2. EJ has had years to prove that he is a bad quarterback and has done exactly that, quite well I might add.

When the Bills can dump him and not use cap space in doing so, this is what they should and will do.

Says the world's biggest Ryan Mallett fan. :)

Ok guys, look: When EJ was the starter here a couple years ago, he did show promise.

But he's lost something somewhere along the line after the infamous JJ Watt pick-6. Confidence? Mechanics? Reading Defenses? I'm not sure, but it is quite reminiscent of Trent Edwards back in the day after Adrian Wilson rearranged his brain out in the desert.

Something isn't right. We play the New England Patriots twice a year, a team we've defeated a whole 3 times in over a decade. It's pretty much assumed that we concede two games a year before the season even starts every year, in a league where you pretty much can't lose four more than that and expect to make the playoffs.

Yes, one guys doesn't make a team, but I think one thing we can all agree on after sixteen years, its that the quarterback position IS the most important. And, in this day-in-age, it's crucial that you have a formidable backup.

Especially in our situation, where our starter's first instinct after his first read or two, is to scramble.

Tyrod would be the first to admit that he got beat up this year. I can assure you of that.

It's only my opinion, but I just do not trust EJ Manuel to lead us to victories if we needed him for say, two-three weeks in a sixteen game season where every win, especially in this division, is so crucial.

Just my opinion...

Rico, I suspect I'm wasting electrons here, but you do know that the Bills have turned the ball over on downs multiple times when it would have helped them to not in the 4th QB, with Taylor at the helm, right? It's one of the gaps in his game right now, as called out by Whaley.

Consider KC. 22-27, a TD gives the Bills the lead, TT throws two incomplete short passes to turn the ball over on downs. The Bills D gives up a FG, but a score and a 2 point conversion still ties it. TT fumbles, and the Bills turn it over on downs. End of game.

Consider the Iggles. 20-20, tied game, a FG gives the Bills the lead, TT throws deep incomplete on 3rd and 4 and the Bills turn it over on downs. Next 2 possessions, 20-23, a FG ties it, Bills go 3 and out and turn it over on downs twice. End of game.

Those were two game winnable in the 4Q where the Bills, led by TT, turned it over on downs and went belly-up.

I'm not trying to say EJ is a good player or TT is a bad player, which is how a certain type of poster usually twists this kind of response. I'm saying that when fans filter a player through a certain type of lens, they tend to vilify in one guy what they excuse in another.

Given a lead in the 4th Q or a chance to take the lead in the 4Q, good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose while their fans point fingers, usually at one or two "scapegoat" players.

Consider the Jax game, which is what I was writing about. Many feel that, although EJ did have a very bad stretch in the 1st half, he eventually got it together and would've led the Bills to a comeback win if not for the D. I say that that game was an almost-complete debacle of a game for EJ, with the only "bright spots" given to him by the "vaunted" Jax D playing more-or-less prevent... much more relaxed at the very least. And considering everything else he has shown or hasn't shown in his 1st 3 years, that one game should've earned him a one-way ticket out of town, it was that bad.

Ok guys, look: When EJ was the starter here a couple years ago, he did show promise.

But he's lost something somewhere along the line after the infamous JJ Watt pick-6. Confidence? Mechanics? Reading Defenses? I'm not sure, but it is quite reminiscent of Trent Edwards back in the day after Adrian Wilson rearranged his brain out in the desert.

Something isn't right. We play the New England Patriots twice a year, a team we've defeated a whole 3 times in over a decade. It's pretty much assumed that we concede two games a year before the season even starts every year, in a league where you pretty much can't lose four more than that and expect to make the playoffs.

Yes, one guys doesn't make a team, but I think one thing we can all agree on after sixteen years, its that the quarterback position IS the most important. And, in this day-in-age, it's crucial that you have a formidable backup.

Especially in our situation, where our starter's first instinct after his first read or two, is to scramble.

Tyrod would be the first to admit that he got beat up this year. I can assure you of that.

It's only my opinion, but I just do not trust EJ Manuel to lead us to victories if we needed him for say, two-three weeks in a sixteen game season where every win, especially in this division, is so crucial.

Just my opinion...

I get it, Beeeews. I think the counterpoint is where do you get a guy you know can trust that way? We can draft a rookie and I think we should....we can see how he shapes in camp and preseason. But we won't really know what he has until we see it in games. So there's an element of embracing change for the sake of change. As a counterpoint, there are guys who improve in there 5th season...*cough* Gabbert, now there's a guy I thought would never ever ever play decent QB in the NFL

As far as Tyrod goes, last I heard from him was "I'm a tough guy. I can take the hits." which is not exactly "damn, I got beat up, Learning to Slide #1 on my Bucket List"

Consider the Jax game, which is what I was writing about. Many feel that, although EJ did have a very bad stretch in the 1st half, he eventually got it together and would've led the Bills to a comeback win if not for the D. I say that that game was an almost-complete debacle of a game for EJ, with the only "bright spots" given to him by the "vaunted" Jax D playing more-or-less prevent... much more relaxed at the very least. And considering everything else he has shown or hasn't shown in his 1st 3 years, that one game should've earned him a one-way ticket out of town, it was that bad.

Yep, indeed I was wasting electrons. I will go forth and waste no more.

I get it, Beeeews. I think the counterpoint is where do you get a guy you know can trust that way? We can draft a rookie and I think we should....we can see how he shapes in camp and preseason. But we won't really know what he has until we see it in games. So there's an element of embracing change for the sake of change. As a counterpoint, there are guys who improve in there 5th season...*cough* Gabbert, now there's a guy I thought would never ever ever play decent QB in the NFL

As far as Tyrod goes, last I heard from him was "I'm a tough guy. I can take the hits." which is not exactly "damn, I got beat up, Learning to Slide #1 on my Bucket List"

Yep, indeed I was wasting electrons. I will go forth and waste no more.

You will be missed, I'm sure.