Marquise Goodwin - Olympics focused again

YoloinOhio

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The serious commitment to track means he will miss camp.

thats says enough to me that it is either/or.

I really like the kid for plenty of reasons and do not understand the negative crap put up here by folks.and he can play football he can run routes and he always worked hard blocking.

But i gotta believe if cannot commit to a zillion reps with his newish QB and spend as much time as possible learning what Roman wants from him he will not be retained.

110 percent committed is almost enough these days in the NFL. even I admit it is time to move on

Ha! Expending his vital life forces! He needs to consult a Taoist practitioner.

balancing the yin/yang eh?

@SalSports

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin finishes 3rd in long jump at Millrose Games, closing in on Olympic Trials: http://www.wgr550.com/Goodwin-finishes-3rd-at-Millrose-Games-closing-in-/22493315

Goodwin is entering the final year of his rookie contract and is scheduled to make $675,000 this season. He has roughly an $860,000 cap hit to the team for 2016. For his three-year career he’s recorded 20 receptions for 349 yards and three touchdowns.

Goodwin is example of why teams need to balance ability to play vs ability to stay healthy when playing. There is a limited amount of cap space and if players are not able to stay healthy enough to contribute when nicked up then these players are costing a significant amount of money even when they are undrafted free agents and even more when drafted and get the slotted salary. The same thing applies to players who can not stay on roster due to external issues like drug tests failures and trouble with law,

I see WHY they drafted him, he has skills but he needs to able to play to produce. He has played 12, 10 and 2 games in three years he is with Bills and was credited with 3 years of service.

How about Sean Merriman at the end of his career. He got hurt during warm-ups of his first practice.

That's pretty good, but Goodwin getting hurt while taking a knee on a kickoff return is pretty good too.

We'll call it a tie.

Edited by vincec

• 2 weeks later...

@mikerodak

Bills WR Marquise Goodwin says he will try to qualify for summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. If he makes it, he will discuss with team possibility of missing time in training camp.

Wonder if he's even back. I forgot about him. And I like the guy.

Great guy for how he does things but injuries have hurt him no pun intended while being a Bill .

There is a video on the ESPN home page of Flash discussing his reasons for is Olympic run.

I think he should do that but he should be let go to add cap room for the Bills . He is for sure a Bills type player but like Roscoe P not quite big enough i guess for the NFL !

Plus he needs to be totally focused on one or the other ! Percy is the same i wish he could get healthy more than Flash but time will tell ...

Edited by T master

• 2 weeks later...

Ah so the Pats have one too

@adamschefter

Patriots' S Nate Ebner taking leave of absence from team today to begin training for US rugby team and summer Olympics. Returns in Aug.

Now that is abusive and risky.

Now that is abusive and risky.

ebner played rugby at OSU. He was a beast. He went to HS here and never played HS football. He walked onto the OSU football team because he's a freak athlete but barely played on ST if at all. He got *drafted* by the Pats. Yes, drafted.

good luck lil Nate

ebner played rugby at OSU. He was a beast. He went to HS here and never played HS football. He walked onto the OSU football team because he's a freak athlete but barely played on ST if at all. He got *drafted* by the Pats. Yes, drafted.

good luck lil Nate

Ya gotta be a beast to play rugby at that level !

I am just comparing the possibility of injury to a contact sport as to anon contact competition such as track and field.

Cool story Yolo, i did not know the back story !!

Ya gotta be a beast to play rugby at that level !

I am just comparing the possibility of injury to a contact sport as to anon contact competition such as track and field.

Cool story Yolo, i did not know the back story !!

i wonder if he has some kind of non football injury clause in his contract.