Bring Pepper Johnson back as DC?

We know it's Rex's D but Pepper brings emotion and fire.

You aren't going to slack off with a coach like Pepper getting into your face.

Rex is too nice. Pepper could bring that enforcer type role to the D.

Plus it would be a great move for him because if the D improves he will get a look for a HC position.

It's amazing how ppl just don't get it

Rex is not changing his system or bringing in a coach from outside the organization to take over the defense

At some point I would think that has to sink in

Rex is not changing his system or bringing in a coach from outside the organization to take over the defense

Can't argue that point. I liked Pepper a lot and had hoped that he would be retained by Rex. However, Rex is employing his defence and that isn't something that Pepper has any experience in. As a D line coach? Much more promising, but odds are impossibly low.

yeah, he is not going to bring in anyone that doesn't run his system, and his DC is going to be more of a figure head while he is the mind behind it. If, and that's a big if, Rex gets rid of Thurman and replaces him with someone else, it's more likely to be someone he has a tie with in the past. I think Petting could be a possibility if there's a stolen here to be a DC and he has no other offers, but more then likely I can see him bringing in his brother Rob....

yeah, he is not going to bring in anyone that doesn't run his system, and his DC is going to be more of a figure head while he is the mind behind it. If, and that's a big if, Rex gets rid of Thurman and replaces him with someone else, it's more likely to be someone he has a tie with in the past. I think Petting could be a possibility if there's a stolen here to be a DC and he has no other offers, but more then likely I can see him bringing in his brother Rob....

I could see Pettine replacing one of our 2 LB coaches since both weren't all that experienced when we brought them in and if we need a sacrificial lamb one of them makes sense. Maybe we also give Pettine an Associate HC title or something too but I can't see Rex cutting ties with Thurman as think their too close.

Are these coach comeback threads serious? Not trying to be a dick, but how often do coaches return to previous organizations within a few years of leaving/being let go?

Wade Philips?

Actually with assistants, they do bounce around back and forth in some cases. So it is within the realm of probability, but not a likelihood.

People say there were players playing for jobs today.

There were assistant coaches with jobs on the line too. I don't assume just because Rex dodged the ax that all of his assistants will. While the buck stops with Rex, a lot of the slop with some of the units falls on those coaches.

You can fix that with better teachers and communicators.

Are these coach comeback threads serious? Not trying to be a dick, but how often do coaches return to previous organizations within a few years of leaving/being let go?

Dick LeBeau I believe returned to the Steelers somewhat quickly after Cincy HC stint.

People say there were players playing for jobs today.

There were assistant coaches with jobs on the line too. I don't assume just because Rex dodged the ax that all of his assistants will. While the buck stops with Rex, a lot of the slop with some of the units falls on those coaches.

You can fix that with better teachers and communicators.

exactly. No way Thurman can be back next year.