Mo Wilkerson broke his leg

YoloinOhio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if giving mo 100m and that 19 pick is 4 years 9m total....

Is Mo worth more than #19 PLUS a 90m payday free agent (or a couple 45m guys) that you could afford. Mo is a proven talent but that other 90m would go to proven talents.

It's something like Mo vs the 19 pick, Hughes and clay for instance when you look at the full value of the transaction

this is really one of those existential questions isn't it NS ?

pretty sure because it makes the jets worse, who we want to lose a lot of games, so they aren't WC competition.

or he make the Bills better? that is the goal when considering acquiring players.

this is really one of those existential questions isn't it NS ?

or he make the Bills better? that is the goal when considering acquiring players.

i wasn't even considering that we would get him. Just want him out of the conference. He's an elite player.

If it would only take one draft pick, I trade this years first for him. Wilkerson is better than anyone we could get at #19 unless Goff is still there. But that scenario won't happen because a trade between teams in the same division are rare and expensive, then there's fitting his salary into the cap.

There's the matter of paying the man. Spotrac estimates a 5 year deal worth between $60M and $65M. The Bills can't reasonably do that. Edited by BarleyNY

pretty sure because it makes the jets worse, who we want to lose a lot of games, so they aren't WC competition.

So, on the one hand you're saying that the Jets are not a threat because the Bills always beat them, but on the other hand you're saying that the are a threat to take Buffalo's WC spot. Are the Jets a threat to the Bills chances of winning a championship or not?

Edited by vincec

So, on the one hand you're saying that the Jets are not a threat because the Bills always beat them, but on the other hand you're saying that the are a threat to take Buffalo's WC spot. Are the Jets a threat to the Bills chances of winning a championship or not?

i didn't day they aren't a threat. You indicated that the bills need to beat them with mo to be legit. I said that the Bills have already beaten them 5 straight times with Mo. It's not about beating them straight up. Any team is a threat to the Bills in the afc for a WC. Weakening any of those teams is preferred. I would assume the jets have a better chance to win their other games with him than without him. As a bills fan I'd prefer they lose more than they win. This helps the bills chances for a WC. That's what I said. Not sure why it's so confusing. Edited by YoloinOhio

There's the matter of paying the man. Spotrac estimates a 5 year deal worth between $60M and $65M. The Bills can't reasonably do that.

I said as such in my first post. Wilkerson is a great player and highly likely better than any player that we draft at #19, to make room for him we would probably have to part ways with some good/veterans players. Carpenter, Kyle Williams or/and Manny Lawson for example. Is it worth it? It's a tough call.

I said as such in my first post. Wilkerson is a great player and highly likely better than any player that we draft at #19, to make room for him we would probably have to part ways with some good/veterans players. Carpenter, Kyle Williams or/and Manny Lawson for example. Is it worth it? It's a tough call.

Parting ways with those three players wouldn't make a dent in what Wilkerson will cost. You'd have to find a way to squeeze his first year hit under the 2016 cap then not extend either Glenn or Gilmore. Plus you'd have to give up some real compensation to the Jest. Why give up draft picks and put yourself in position where you must lose a very good or elite player you already have to acquire another elite player? I guess you could just offer up Gilmore for him, but that's kind of a push talent-wise even if they'd take it. And if they did, the Bills would need another starting CB and the Jest would have Revis and Gilmore. There's just no way to make Wilkerson's acquisition feasible and improve the team at the same time. The ONLY way I'd even consider something like this is if Gilmore was intending to get out of Buffalo and was going to make it a big fight to keep him here. But I doubt that is the case.

Don't agree. You don't improve by reducing the level of your competition. If you beat the best, then you are the best.

Holy Meaningless Cliche Batman!

I'm not worried about a team that has missed the playoffs 16 years running being the 'best'. I'm worried about winning games in the division, which becomes more likely if the Jets don't have Wilkerson.

This sounds like the "I only want to face the Pats with Brady" mindset that has worked out so well for the Bills this century.

i didn't day they aren't a threat. You indicated that the bills need to beat them with mo to be legit. I said that the Bills have already beaten them 5 straight times with Mo. It's not about beating them straight up. Any team is a threat to the Bills in the afc for a WC. Weakening any of those teams is preferred. I would assume the jets have a better chance to win their other games with him than without him. As a bills fan I'd prefer they lose more than they win. This helps the bills chances for a WC. That's what I said. Not sure why it's so confusing.

No, I said that you don't improve as a team by weakening your level of competition. Apparently you disagree. I'm not sure how the rest got into this discussion.