2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

Watching some of Northwestern's Dan Vitale (their wonderfully named Superback) and another Romanesque project player came to mind; Derek Carrier. Carrier was a UDFA from Beloit in Wisconsin that wound up on the 49ers roster in his 2nd season.

Carrier's pro day numbers - 6' 3", 238lbs, 4.50 40 time, 15 reps @ 225, 38" vertical, 122" broad jump, 4.08 SS, 6.65 3-cone.

Vitale's Combine numbers - 6' 1", 239lbs, 4.60 40 time, 30 reps @ 225, 38 1/2" vertical, 123" broad jump, 4.12 SS, 7.12 3-cone.

With the obvious discrepancy between the 3-cone numbers and the bench reps, there's a lot of similar athletic traits. If Roman has a type, Vitale might be it.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SiriusXMNFL

Fmr. Auburn WR Duke Williams on being dismissed from school: "It hit me hard, but I couldn't cry. I knew I had to get back to work."

Williams: "I had to own up to my mistakes. I don't fault the school. I went to counseling to learn how to correct my mistakes."

Williams: "I was so loyal to the wrong people. I am big on loyalty. If they can't provide for me, I can't provide for them."

On Friday, Boehringer held another workout and this time the Buffalo Bills were in attendance. Buffalo, as well as every other team present, interviewed Boehringer prior to the workout according to Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net. At the workout,Boehringer ran routes at the request of teams and performed very well.

On Friday, Boehringer held another workout and this time the Buffalo Bills were in attendance. Buffalo, as well as every other team present, interviewed Boehringer prior to the workout according to Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net. At the workout,Boehringer ran routes at the request of teams and performed very well.

Very interesting prospect to me. The video is tough to figure out because the German teams are TERRIBLE. If hes there in the 5th I think he would be a great pick but I'm worried he wont be there.

Very interesting prospect to me. The video is tough to figure out because the German teams are TERRIBLE. If hes there in the 5th I think he would be a great pick but I'm worried he wont be there.

Only one WR ever had Boeringer's triangle numbers of 6'4, 225+, and sub 4.4 - Calvin Johnson. In a weak WR class and a passing league, someone will draft Boeringer early- day 2 I am guessing. There is a snowball's chance in hell he lasts until the 5th IMO

sweet, Whaley only blinks if they steak from a teammate. Steal in the 4th?

I'll wait to see the legal ramifications of this first. Not entirely sure he's a great Bills fit but, if he's not facing any stiff punishments, can't argue with picking up a talented guy on Day 3.

I'm beyond frustrated with these talented kids not having an ounce of damn sense. As a guy who lost his sporting career through injury, I'd love the chances they seem hellbent on throwing away.

I'll wait to see the legal ramifications of this first. Not entirely sure he's a great Bills fit but, if he's not facing any stiff punishments, can't argue with picking up a talented guy on Day 3.

I'm beyond frustrated with these talented kids not having an ounce of damn sense. As a guy who lost his sporting career through injury, I'd love the chances they seem hellbent on throwing away.

no kidding... He had one job.

really is a shame. One thing that drives me nutso, is the support system missing in these kids.

I know it is not the colleges responsibility, nor the Coaches. But.....

really is a shame. One thing that drives me nutso, is the support system missing in these kids.

I know it is not the colleges responsibility, nor the Coaches. But.....

Someone that claims to have been at the bar on Saturday night with Higbee is making claims that it was a racially-motivated attack on a Muslim man.

Obviously, take it with a huge grain of salt at this point. Information from legitimate sources is at the bare minimum thus far.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Someone that claims to have been at the bar on Saturday night with Higbee is making claims that it was a racially-motivated attack on a Muslim man.

Obviously, take it with a huge grain of salt at this point. Information from legitimate sources is at the bare minimum thus far.

Eh, it's bad enough that he did not have enough self discipline to keep it level before the draft. When kids do this every year, i just feel disappointed for them .

Eh, it's bad enough that he did not have enough self discipline to keep it level before the draft. When kids do this every year, i just feel disappointed for them .

It's about being smart. In 3 weeks time, you get a 6 figure signing bonus and guaranteed money. I could pass on a night out with the lads for that.

I wasn't perfect at that age. I'm 27 now and I'm still a bit of a screw-up. You just hope that it's a one-off they can learn from and not a sign of things to come.