Official DB fluffer/JP basher thread!

LabattBlue

So at what point do you stop looking at facts and make up the stuff?  Me I am a facts kind of person.  If someone has a 75-80 rating then by NFL standards they are an average QB.  80-90 is a above average year.  90 or better is considered a great year. 

Again, let's go on fact's not feelings. 

Basing anything on feelings would then be considered bashing.

243242[/snapback]

Losman played in 4 games. Those games ended in a 3-1 record. In the 3 wins, he had a rating of 95.1. In the loss, he had a rating of 16.7.

What do I get out of these stats?

Next year we will finish the season 12-4, and the rest of the team doesn't matter one bit. Our win loss record will be soley based off JP's play.

In other words, trying to claim that you can find ANY fact from the stats attained in mop up duty in 4 games is absurd.

If you are not concerned about how well JP will do next season, you are deluded.

You are also deluded if you are not excited about the possibilities.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman played in 4 games.  Those games ended in a 3-1 record.  In the 3 wins, he had a rating of 95.1.  In the loss, he had a rating of 16.7. 

What do I get out of these stats?

Next year we will finish the season 12-4, and the rest of the team doesn't matter one bit.  Our win loss record will be soley based off JP's play.

In other words, trying to claim that you can find ANY fact from the stats attained in mop up duty in 4 games is absurd.

If you are not concerned about how well JP will do next season, you are deluded. 

You are also deluded if you are not excited about the possibilities.

243283[/snapback]

You can fudge the stats anyway you want. However, the wins nor the losses are his stats. They belong to the starting QB, always have, always will, so that is not a fact when discussing JP.

And hey Drew was 9-2 with Willis as the starter. Now that Travis is gone and WIllis starting everygame, the Bills would have been 13-3 with Drew.

Facts it is.  JP's career NFL stats are terrible and I will not refute them until he actually starts a game in 2005 in order to improve upon them.

243252[/snapback]

But labatt nobody can base his stats of last year in that horrible game at the Patriots. I know their is sarcasim here but until he STARTS we cannot say bust or bargin. Lets hold judgement even though my gut feeling is he'll be a good one. One thing is for sure and that's Bledsoe was not a player that could improve the offense.

He has never had a winning record in college.

243192[/snapback]

I still can't figure out why so many people don't understand that NO player has a "winning record" or "losing record". Players don't have records, teams do...

I think surely the Ricos, jp-eras, assmead107s, Petes, stojans, Labatts, and all the others who incessantly and mercilessly blasted Bledsoe aren't going to cry foul when it comes to discussing Jp.  Or are they?

243221[/snapback]

You sure you don't know Oneida Lake?

silent thread??  You make it sound like he is gone, never to be heard from again.  He's going to be signed by another team and prove to the world that bashing him was not only unfair, but it was completely untrue!

Carry on.

243240[/snapback]

I think if Bledsoe does start for another team, he shows some success early on but then reverts back to his same ol' pat! pat! doh!! :doh:

I think surely the Ricos, jp-eras, assmead107s, Petes, stojans, Labatts, and all the others who incessantly and mercilessly blasted Bledsoe aren't going to cry foul when it comes to discussing Jp.  Or are they?

JP has been annointed the starter. I hope he kicks ass.  I want to win, but I think it's fair to point out that he is an absolute mystery.  That's not bashing, that's reality.

243221[/snapback]

i will give JP a free ride for the first year , just like i did for drew . if he goes into a 2 plus year funk like drew did you will hear me bash JP. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

You can fudge the stats anyway you want. However, the wins nor the losses are his stats.  They belong to the starting QB, always have, always will, so that is not a fact when discussing JP.

And hey Drew was 9-2 with Willis as the starter.  Now that Travis is gone and WIllis starting everygame, the Bills would have been 13-3 with Drew.

243326[/snapback]

At what point will you stop ignoring the circumstances around those stats?

What you have done here is not different than a journalist quoting someone without providing the proper context.

As an example that really happened. A reporter wrote that General X said: "Marines cut the power in a large portion of Mosul." But the reporter did not mention that the general explained that the power outage was necessary for Marines to get a power plant back online in the area. Big difference, right? By the way, it was an Arab newspaper.

Let's take a look at one of your recent posts:

You wrote:

"Since JP is such a great scambler, not injury prone, and can get an extra 8-12 seconds moving around in the pocket."

Sounds like you're high on JP. But the full post actually read:

"Since JP is such a great scambler, not injury prone, and can get an extra 8-12 seconds moving around in the pocket. we have no reason to upgrade our line or get rid of Travis. Since he won't need to block, or catch, since everyone know a WR can get open if given enough time. The releasing of Drew and making the stud JP our starter means that we probably don't need Willis' contract either. Let's just save the money and trade him. Henry is all we need, a straight ahead runner, with no blocking or receiving ability."

By reading the full post it is apparent you were using a whole lot of sarcasm to make a point that is very different than what one would assume by just reading the first sentence.

My point here is that by intentionally ignoring the fact that most of JP's bad stats came from being thrown in cold, right off the bench against a Pats team that had ravaged Bledsoe all night.

At what point will you stop ignoring the circumstances around those stats?

What you have done here is not different than a journalist quoting someone without providing the proper context.

As an example that really happened. A reporter wrote that General X said: "Marines cut the power in a large portion of Mosul." But the reporter did not mention that the general explained that the power outage was necessary for Marines to get a power plant back online in the area. Big difference, right? By the way, it was an Arab newspaper.

Let's take a look at one of your recent posts:

You wrote:

"Since JP is such a great scambler, not injury prone, and can get an extra 8-12 seconds moving around in the pocket."

Sounds like you're high on JP. But the full post actually read:

"Since JP is such a great scambler, not injury prone, and can get an extra 8-12 seconds moving around in the pocket. we have no reason to upgrade our line or get rid of Travis. Since he won't need to block, or catch, since everyone know a WR can get open if given enough time. The releasing of Drew and making the stud JP our starter means that we probably don't need Willis' contract either. Let's just save the money and trade him. Henry is all we need, a straight ahead runner, with no blocking or receiving ability."

By reading the full post it is apparent you were using a whole lot of sarcasm to make a point that is very different than what one would assume by just reading the first sentence.

My point here is that by intentionally ignoring the fact that most of JP's bad stats came from being thrown in cold, right off the bench against a Pats team that had ravaged Bledsoe all night.

243395[/snapback]

So we should ignore JP's stats because they were bad, but not ignore Drew's bad stats, only his good ones? Gotcha didn't know that was the rule. Of course Drew had a bad game against NE, but everyone wants to bring those up, but when JP has bad stats it's Drews fault also.

Of course let's ignore the fact that when Drew had a running back in there who blocked for him, and for the most part kept pressure off from him , he had a 90 rating which is considered great.

So we should ignore JP's stats because they were bad, but not ignore Drew's bad stats, only his good ones?  Gotcha didn't know that was the rule.  Of course Drew had a bad game against NE, but everyone wants to bring those up, but when JP has bad stats it's Drews fault also. 

Of course let's ignore the fact that when Drew had a running back in there who blocked for him, and for the most part kept pressure off from him , he had a 90 rating which is considered great.

243412[/snapback]

It's like talking to a wall. I didn't say ignore the stats. I just say one should understand those stats need to be looked it in the corect context. How can anyone in their right mind think a player is going to show what he is really worth when thrown in this type of situation?

The game plan was not built around him -- it was built around Drew.

Not trying to make a direct comparison between JP and Rottenburger, but Rottenburger didn't do too weel himself when he came off the bench in his first apperance -- where the team's game plan was built around someone else as well. He had some decent backs protecting him that first game, too.

One more note: Don't forget that McGahee was also in the backfield when Drew didn't do so "great" against the Pats and Steelers.

Our thread huh. You have dominated with 11 of the 20 posts.  55%.

And now you're saying you didn't bash?  That's a good one.

243264[/snapback]

I am trying to help out where I can. I was critical of DB. I didn't bash, nor was I merciless.

Carry on.

PS You just registered two weeks ago, how do you know what I was doing two years ago? :doh:

But labatt nobody can base his stats of last year in that horrible game at the Patriots. I know their is sarcasim here but until he STARTS we cannot say bust or bargin. Lets hold judgement even though my gut feeling is he'll be a good one. One thing is for sure and that's Bledsoe was not a player that could improve the offense.

243346[/snapback]

I agree whole heartedly. The sarcasm was there, the sarcasm smiley was not.

Some fans are just ungrateful. :lol:

243462[/snapback]

I am trying to hold an intervention here and help those who supported DB attempt to make the transition to supporting our new starter. :doh:

I didn't realize this intervention stuff would be so difficult. That's what I get for trying to help. :lol:

I am trying to help out where I can.  I was critical of DB.  I didn't bash, nor was I merciless.

Carry on.

PS You just registered two weeks ago,  how do you know what I was doing two years ago? :doh:

243455[/snapback]

It takes about 3 visits of an hour or two to figure where the battle lines are drawn here. Someone with more perception than I can probably do it much more quickly.

I hate to pigeonhole people but there simply few here who land in the grey area of any issue.

And then there's that little feature of archived posts.

I want to win, but I think it's fair to point out that he is an absolute mystery.  That's not bashing, that's reality.

243221[/snapback]

I would think someone who goes by the name "shameless homer" would not question any Bill. So what if he's an absolute mystery. You are a shameless homer and should get behind him 100%. :doh: