The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

hmmmmm... this is getting tougher and tougher... I thought Claynthony would be out, but I agree, he pulled it out. Carrie clearly had the worst performance overall (she just doesn't sing with any emotion) but I think her following is too great.

It will get interesting.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently anthony's consistant "suckage" has numbed you to how bad he is.

he might be the Ukrainian Idol......but overall, he is miles behind the other top three contestants.

he might be the Ukrainian Idol......but overall, he is miles behind the other top three contestants.

333397[/snapback]

Actually, I think Anthony's voice is the purest. He really does sound alot like Clay.

:P

hmmmmm... this is getting tougher and tougher... I thought Claynthony would be out, but I agree, he pulled it out.  Carrie clearly had the worst performance overall (she just doesn't sing with any emotion) but I think her following is too great. 

It will get interesting.

333384[/snapback]

I agree. Carrie can sing ok but she sings with very little emotion and her stage presence is blah. I thought I was the only one who couldn't shake their ass and legs at the same time! :P Carrie and Bo will be in the final, they have the largest following.

333397[/snapback]

I don't like Anthony that much either, infact there have been abour 4 or 5 weeks where he should've been voted out, but last night he was pretty darn good. He wasn't the worst performer last night, and I agree. Carrie was.

Its going to be down to Carrie and Bo and I like both. It will be tough to pick one,though. They both have the best voices out of the group. :)

334276[/snapback]

You must be joking. That Carrie sings worse than I do. And she's got an ample arse to boot.

Thumbs down to the redneck queen!

Well I hope BO wins now. I finally voted. First time ever because I was afraid of how the results had been going.

I wanted Carrie but changed my mind

I still hope Carrie wins. Bo is a druggie who has "summer teeth". Some are here, some are there.

Vonzell and her little crying act because she sang like **** really pissed me off. She acted like she was crying because her daddy was there. Whatever! She was crying because she blew it and she knew it. She was lucky last night.

Carrie, although she doesn't have the greatest stage presence is still in my opinion, the best one of the group. Yes, she may have ample booty but so did Kelly Clarkson (still does by the way)....

Go Carrie..... :)

I still hope Carrie wins. Bo is a druggie who has "summer teeth". Some are here, some are there.

Vonzell and her little crying act because she sang like **** really pissed me off. She acted like she was crying because her daddy was there. Whatever! She was crying because she blew it and she knew it. She was lucky last night.

Carrie, although she doesn't have the greatest stage presence is still in my opinion, the best one of the group. Yes, she may have ample booty but so did Kelly Clarkson (still does by the way)....

Go Carrie..... :lol:

334399[/snapback]

What's that claxon going off?!? It's the stalker alarm!! :)

I think it's funny. This is American "Idol". Is Bo and Scot what we want to consider "Idols'??? One is a druggie and one is a girlfriend abuser.

That said I wouldn't be an idol. Just look at my avatar. LOL

My prediction:

I think this is not a singing contest. This is a popularity contest. Carrie get the votes from guys who like pretty girls as well as a lot of young girls who like her just because she is a girl.

At this stage in the game singing doesn't matter. Who has the most supporters does.

Even Clements22 could come onto this show now and get some votes.

:-)

Go Carrie..... :)

334399[/snapback]

I don't know if I could get past that red-necky voice.

I like the Vonz.

334431[/snapback]

You mean Omarosa?? She could've been her twin sister when she first started. I don't like her because I think she's phony. She acts and does what she thinks she needs to in order to garner votes. Plus I can't stand to watch fat ass Randy drool all over her every week, whether she was horrible or not.

You mean Omarosa?? She could've been her twin sister when she first started. I don't like her because I think she's phony. She acts and does what she thinks she needs to in order to garner votes. Plus I can't stand to watch fat ass Randy drool all over her every week, whether she was horrible or not.

334439[/snapback]

News flash: None of these people can really sing. If they could, they would have been discovered.

News flash: None of these people can really sing. If they could, they would have been discovered.

334441[/snapback]

My comment about Vonz had nothing to do with her ability to sing or not. I actually think she has a pretty good voice but I don't like her "act".

I think Bo is the only one who can't sing. His voice is flat and boring IMHO.

334441[/snapback]

Yes we know, you post the same thing every week. At least the show never did anything for Kelly Clarkson, who most people forget even got her start on American Idol.

That being said, I think the finalists this year are different than in previous years because all three are pretty well defined. I could see Bo having a hit record or two with a decent band...I could see Carrie becoming popular on the country circuit...and I could also see Vonzell doing well on the charts doing her thing.

A couple of years ago, Ruben and Clay could both sing but it was difficult to picture them having any sort of success following the show because no one really knew what kind of records they'd be coming out with. All they did for 10 or 12 weeks was sing covers of Motown and "Mack The Knife". They weren't clearly defined as pop, rock or country and here we are today.

I think at least two of these three finalists will find considerable success on the charts following the show, IMO.

Yes we know, you post the same thing every week.  At least the show never did anything for Kelly Clarkson, who most people forget even got her start on American Idol.

That being said, I think the finalists this year are different than in previous years because all three are pretty well defined.  I could see Bo having a hit record or two with a decent band...I could see Carrie becoming popular on the country circuit...and I could also see Vonzell doing well on the charts doing her thing. 

A couple of years ago, Ruben and Clay could both sing but it was difficult to picture them having any sort of success following the show because no one really knew what kind of records they'd be coming out with.  All they did for 10 or 12 weeks was sing covers of Motown and "Mack The Knife".  They weren't clearly defined as pop, rock or country and here we are today.

I think at least two of these three finalists will find considerable success on the charts following the show, IMO.

334698[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more!

Go Carrie..... :wub:

334399[/snapback]

If Carrie didn't get voted out last night after this week's peformance, then she ain't getting voted out! I've liked her all along, but she saved her worst for this week and was still in the top two. If she rebounds I think she should take it easily.

Carrie will win and honestly this is why I think she will:

I hear a lot of guys talk about her...."Well Carrie looked hot, and oh yeah, she sang well too!"....trust me, she will have to BOMB not to win this

334937[/snapback]

But see, I just don't see how people think she's so hot. She looks like just about any waitress you'd ever find in a small-town diner to me. But that's just me.

Eva Longoria....now SHE is hot.

Right up until she was tagging a Backstreet Boy and Tony Parker from the Spurs... :wub:

334987[/snapback]

Yeah well, how many truckers do you think Carrie slobbed on in East Bumblewater Oklahoma? ;)

That's the other thing, she's from OKLAHOMA. Ever been to Oklahoma? I have. It's Hell on Earth. ;)

I think it's funny.  This is American "Idol".  Is Bo and Scot what we want to consider "Idols'???  One is a druggie and one is a girlfriend abuser.

That said I wouldn't be an idol.  Just look at my avatar.  LOL

My prediction:

I think this is not a singing contest.  This is a popularity contest.  Carrie get the votes from guys who like pretty girls as well as a lot of young girls who like her just because she is a girl.

At this stage in the game singing doesn't matter.  Who has the most supporters does.

Even Clements22 could come onto this show now and get some votes.

:-)

334412[/snapback]

How many people in the music industry are squeaky clean, or anyone in general? Bo or Carrie deserve to win based on who's left. Bo is a more complete package. This is the first time I have watched AI. The talent is marginal at best. I've heard just as good at karaoke and bar bands. Many of these people will have a few years of fame and make plenty of cash. Good for them.

Tonight was the first night in weeks that I really was entertained. Those of you who say these folks can't sing (JSP! lol) are dead wrong. All three of them kicked some arse tonight, particularly Bo. Though I thought Carries rendition of 'Crying' was pretty damn good, too.

How many people in the music industry are squeaky clean, or anyone in general? Bo or Carrie deserve to win based on who's left. Bo is a more complete package. This is the first time I have watched AI. The talent is marginal at best. I've heard just as good at karaoke and bar bands. Many of these people will have a few years of fame and make plenty of cash. Good for them.

334998[/snapback]

Bo an d Carrie were great tonight. They both have very powerful voices. Stojan, I wanna be a judge, I never thought i could watch this show.

By the way, the new SOAD is out!~ I got it 1 day before. All in the know, yes, it's effing awesome!

Bo is unbelievable. I've watch all 4 seasons of AI and Bo is the only one good enough that i'd concider buying a record for. That ocopella performance he did, holy crap!  :D

338722[/snapback]

He slayed tonight!