The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Anthony's gone tomorrow night.

327524[/snapback]

As much as I'm hoping for Scott to get tossed, I think you are right.

Here's my take:

1) Bo - He rocked again, nailed both performances.

2) Carrie - Her first performance was good, the second was GREAT.

3) Baby V. - She was good, but not great.

4) Scott - I hate to admit that he beat anyone... but,

5) Clanthony - His time has come... bye.

...Rasputin lives! Yet another week (at least). Amazing.

Comrade Fedorov will be exiled to the gulag tomorrow night.

Bo & Carrie were the best by a bunch tonight. Vonzell was OK, nothing spectacular. Rasputin did a decent George Benson tonight and he'll hang in there.

As for Anthony, Cowell gave him his lovely parting gift tonight. He's his-tow-ree.

As much as I'm hoping for Scott to get tossed, I think you are right. 

Here's my take:

1) Bo - He rocked again, nailed both performances.

2) Carrie - Her first performance was good, the second was GREAT.

3) Baby V. - She was good, but not great. 

4) Scott - I hate to admit that he beat anyone... but,

5) Clanthony - His time has come... bye.

327526[/snapback]

Astute analysis...

Astute analysis...

327642[/snapback]

It might have been a little soft, but I thought Clay er Anthony's second performance was pretty good, better than Scott's. I think it'll be between them two, and I think Anthony probably has more fan support. I see Bo and Carrie in the finals.

Scott and Anthony SHOULD go home over the next two weeks. Then let Bo, Carrie & V duke it out.

I know it would probably reduce the ratings, but they should eliminate the "fan" voting along with Randy and Dippy, leaving just Simon to decide. The man is right on the money week after week.

Scott and Anthony SHOULD go home over the next two weeks.  Then let Bo, Carrie & V duke it out. 

I know it would probably reduce the ratings, but they should eliminate the "fan" voting along with Randy and Dippy, leaving just Simon to decide.  The man is right on the money week after week.

327744[/snapback]

I agree, I just started watching this show 2 months ago. I always thought that it was a bunch of fluff. Well, after watching for 2 months, it is mostly full of fluff. I know pop music sells a lot, but...... Bo Bice and Carrie are the best on the show. They reallly do pick the "right songs" and perform them better than anyone else on the show. I wish they could perform originals, or at least cover some Norwegian death metal.

By the way, do the judges serve any point? Simon is the only one who tells it like it is and Randy is a distant second. I only have a Performing Arts degree(Classical) so my opinion doesn't mean too much. Guy Hagi rules! 2:41Am good night!

And to think you put your life on the line to defend the likes of American Idol.

:doh:

Even worse, to think I did it too....

0:)

327719[/snapback]

I'm almost embarrased to say that I enjoy watching that show with my kids. They're really into it, but I do think that Bo and Carrie will go on to have successful recording careers. The Vonz isn't that bad either. As for the other two...

I'm a Rascal Flatts fan and if I remember correctly, they got thier 'break' on Star Search of all shows. Now they're one of the best country acts out there.

I will however say that this is the 1st year I've watched AI. Past years talent was terrible. At least Bo (excapt for his TERRIBLE Free Bird performance) seems like a genuine rocker...heck, he even got busted for coke. And Carrie, you've got to love that gullible farm girl mentality...there's some things I'd love to teach her, ahem.

Flame away Joe...

I'm almost embarrased to say that I enjoy watching that show with my kids. They're really into it, but I do think that Bo and Carrie will go on to have successful recording careers. The Vonz isn't that bad either. As for the other two...

I'm a Rascal Flatts fan and if I remember correctly, they got thier 'break' on Star Search of all shows. Now they're one of the best country acts out there.

I will however say that this is the 1st year I've watched AI. Past years talent was terrible. At least Bo (excapt for his TERRIBLE Free Bird performance) seems like a genuine rocker...heck, he even got busted for coke. And Carrie, you've got to love that gullible farm girl mentality...there's some things I'd love to teach her, ahem.

Flame away Joe...

327760[/snapback]

Fire for effect! :doh:

To each his own, I suppose.

My take on last night.

Bo kicked ass. I didn't like him at first but he's gained my respect. He keeps it real and is doing well.

Carrie is a cutie. She has probably the best voice in the competition but she is a little stiff and needs to loosen up her body movements a little. Her second outfit last night made her look a little big though. 0:)

Vonzell doesn't sing that bad but her act is driving me nuts. I've disliked her from the beginning when she slicked her hair back and looked just like Omarosa. Now her little 12 year old, squeeky voiced little girl act is spent. I hope she goes next. I thought she was horrible last night and that it was a cheesy cop out singing the "American Idol song" last night.

Anthony is the biggest cheeseball of them all. What was with the red sneakers? :doh: He sucks and needs to go as well.

Scott actually did pretty good last night. I liked the first performance but the second was a little off sounding in the chorus. He should stay longer than V and Anthony.

I wish we could just get rid of everybody this week except Bo and Carrie and let them battle it out. They are the only two worth crap left.

I wish we could just get rid of everybody this week except Bo and Carrie and let them battle it out. They are the only two worth crap left.

327799[/snapback]

NONE of them are worth crap as singers. :doh:

Would I buy any of their albums? NO

Would I listen to any of them sing on the radio? NO

Would I go see any of them in concert? NO

Would I watch any of them on TV on anything other than AI? NO

They all suck... but only one is entertaining, and that is

THE Fat Fugitive Felon (soon-to-be) Final Four !@#$!

Last night's rankings:

1. Baby V

2. Fafu!

3. Carrie

4. Bo

5. Claynthony

Bottom 3:

Fafu, Baby V, Claynthony

Goodbye: Claynthony

Bottom 3:

Fafu, Baby V, Claynthony

Goodbye: Claynthony

327828[/snapback]

Fafu is gaining steam. Top 3 last week, let's see how he does tonight. The thought of a bunch of pre-teen girls going to see "idol on tour", knowing that fafu will be a part of it, is pretty damn funny. Somehow, I don't think the reaction will be the same as when girls went nuts over the Beatles! :doh: