Article: Where did Rex go wrong in his first season in Bflo?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes it silly? Losing horses generally remain losing horses. Why prolong the agony?

belichek was 37-45 in cleveland.

Great article. A must read, especially for the "continuity" crowd.

i'm usually with bucky when he's swinging the axe but i think he's wrong. plus, even when he's right he's a huge troll.

The article raised two very salient points which make the rest of its points moot and its conclusion illiogical.

According to the article, Rex failed to understand that his blitz-crazy scheme was not needed in Buffalo, as unlike at the Jets, we have the personel to apply preasure 1-on-1.

Also according to the article, Rex's blitz-crazy scheme is outdated and nigh obsolete in today's NFL.

Considering the concept that Rex couldn't see or get past his penchant for using his blitz-crazy scheme when it wasn't needed, is there any reason to believe that he will be able to see that it has become generally ineffective in today's NFL?

And furthering to that, when one considers that his reputation for successful and inovative defense is pretty much based upon a scheme that is now mostly obsolete, is there any reason to believe that without that defensive scheme (even if he can get past his predilection for using it) that Rex could be anything more than an average at best HC(or DC)?

Well said!!!!!

Rex is what he is at this point. He didn't go wrong at all, he conned the Pegulas into that sweet 5 year contract. What went wrong was the hire in the first place.

Agreed!

That is the case made by his defenders/most positive view

It's hard for the GM to properly support his coach if the coach won't be honest about what he needs

It's hard for the coach to be honest with the GM if he's just "won" the HC job interview and "sold" the media by telling his future employers "I'm not a scheme guy, just get me good football players"

Yep

"when comparing 2014 Schwartz to 2015 Rex the injury disparity is so drastic it can't and shouldn't be ignored"

oh there are plenty of "smart" football people who completely ignore it

Interesting that no one mentions 2013, where they did have a bunch of injuries and still led the NFL in sacks.

where did he go wrong:

He promised the playoffs,

promised a bully

promised to be first in defense

bought a bills truck

ate dog biscuits,

put on a clemson helmet at a press conference

didnt challenge properly in a do or die game

and generally sucks big hairy toes!

Went skydiving, dont forget that!