The guy in P. Brown's comments = one of the "changes"?

YoloinOhio

hope this is a point of questioning toward Rex in his next presser. If not it better be a private point of questioning by his boss. Why is this guy in the booth still performing the function he cannot perform?!

He'll just respond denying there's an issue, just like no players had quit in the 1st half on Sunday

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry.

But (predictably) I"m very skeptical when a second year player who can't get off blocks and gets dragged up and down the field down after down has everyone to blame but himself.

Was there a drastic technological leap in the NFL this year? How is it that suddenly the coach who's been successful for a decade can't accomplish something as simple as relaying a play?

Mr. Brown certainly has his share of bellyaches. He's an awfully young dude. Seems odd to me that he knows so much better than Rex how a defense runs.

Literally, is there a single thing a player could say that would raise a red flag for you about coaching?

Who is it? Rex signaled big changes would be coming and not getting defensive calls in on time all.year seems like a major problem!

Whoever it is - can't survive this, right?

ESPN.com

One Bills LB says play calls have been coming in late from the coaches' booth this season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14421693/buffalo-bills-lb-preston-brown-says-play-calls-coming-late-coaches-booth?ex_cid=espntw

Brown should keep his mouth shut, was rated the worst inside starting LB in the NFL. How many tackles can one guy miss

Literally, is there a single thing a player could say that would raise a red flag for you about coaching?

Yeah, this unwavering loyalty to Wrex Ryan is curious. I can't figure out what Ryan has done to earn it from Big Cat. Big Cat, did you make ridiculous proclamations honoring Ryan prior to this season, that you are too embarrassed to retract?

He did a crappy job this year, it's pretty hard to deny.

Edited by HoF Watkins

But was it him up to that point? (The kc game)

So theres a disconnect between the people in the booth and the coaches on the field on multiple levels. Jesus !@#$ing christ you cant make this up.

It's been a long time but I don't know that I even remember these kind of issues in the 1 and 2 win seasons with the likes of Harvey Johnson, Hank Bullough & Kay Stephenson as coach. They just had bad players on those teams.

Still, of all the ridiculous issues and assinine Rex excuses, the top one for me is that he didn't challenge some plays in the KC game because they didn't show the replay on the stadium screen.

Yeah, this unwavering loyalty to Wrex Ryan is curious. I can't figure out what Ryan has done to earn it from Big Cat. Big Cat, did you make ridiculous proclamations honoring Ryan prior to this season, that you are too embarrassed to retract?

He did a crappy job this year, it's pretty hard to deny.

What has Preston Brown done to earn your allegiance to everything he's said? Why is he so credible? How come all of this happening all of a sudden in Rex's career?

Does anyone want to take a stab a these questions? Or would you rather make it about me?

So nothing I've just proffered seems like a reasonably critical response?

I may have missed it but it seems like I may have quite literally never seen you take on a coach ever, and others have noticed this too.

If brown is right in this assessment would it be a problem on the coaching staff? or is that impossible in your book? No chance Rex is running a less than tight ship and that effects both his staff and players?

What has Preston Brown done to earn your allegiance to everything he's said? Why is he so credible? How come all of this happening all of a sudden in Rex's career?

Does anyone want to take a stab a these questions? Or would you rather make it about me?

I'm just asking, because you are the most vigorous in defending him, yet the guy was a hated rival to the Bills just last season.

No, Preston Brown doesn't have my allegiance, but it's not just him, it's coming from lots of defensive players that have performed well in the past.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I may have missed it but it seems like I may have quite literally never seen you take on a coach ever, and others have noticed this too.

If brown is right in this assessment would it be a problem on the coaching staff? or is that impossible in your book? No chance Rex is running a less than tight ship and that effects both his staff and players?

I'm just asking.

No, Preton Brown doesn't have my allegiance, but it's not just him, it's coming from lots of defensive players that have performed well in the past.

Sounds like you guys are just repulsed by women!!!1111!1!!!111!!!1!!!

Respond to the questions I've raised. Not to me.

Of course if Brow is right it's a problem. The question I asked is why we're all so ready/willing to sign off on his side of the story.

1) why trust brown?

It would be incredibly odd to make up. It's been seen on the field on defense, but even more with the offense incredibly clearly too. Other players have to a degree backed his claims.

2) whys it an issue we'd suspect of Rex?

He has a reputation of shielding his guys and being too loyal at times to guys that can't hack it. He has a reputation for not running a tight ship. The jets also had a variety of game day management and accountability issues.

I'm just asking, because you are the most vigorous in defending him, yet the guy was a hated rival to the Bills just last season.

No, Preston Brown doesn't have my allegiance, but it's not just him, it's coming from lots of defensive players that have performed well in the past.

Lots of defensive players? Mario, Brown and Graham today said there have been communication issues. That's three. Do you consider that "lots?"

Why do you ignore all the players who say they have player issues?

1) why trust brown?

It would be incredibly odd to make up. It's been seen on the field on defense, but even more with the offense incredibly clearly too. Other players have to a degree backed his claims.

2) whys it an issue we'd suspect of Rex?

He has a reputation of shielding his guys and being too loyal at times to guys that can't hack it. He has a reputation for not running a tight ship. The jets also had a variety of game day management and accountability issues.

And it's just as odd to me that suddenly (after a decade) Rex Ryan's defenses simply can't get the plays in on time.

I won't argue the second part. I just wonder how may of those "game management" issues you speak of happened on defense.

Because it's not just HIS story, the MANY guys have complained about the defense.

And what of the equally numerous players saying that players need to shut up and play.

Seems like you're bending the word "many" in your favor and conveniently ignoring the counterpoint coming from their own colleagues.

And it's just as odd to me that suddenly (after a decade) Rex Ryan's defenses simply can't get the plays in on time.

I won't argue the second part. I just wonder how may of those "game management" issues you speak of happened on defense.

He's had veteran linebackers who are familiar with his scheme, in the past. This year he doesn't, and he clearly hasn't adjusted.

And yes, it's fair to question your consistently pro-management bias. Might as well just show some self-awareness and admit it - might make it easier for the rest of us to swallow.

And what of the equally numerous players saying that players need to shut up and play.

Seems like you're bending the word "many" in your favor and conveniently ignoring the counterpoint coming from their own colleagues.

So your digging in with its 100% players and 0% coaches?

I trust brown because i can see the confusion with my own eyes!