Shady trade do over

GG

In another do over scenario - Eagles wanted a draft pick, Robert Woods or Kiko for Shady.

If you had to do it over again, who would you send to Chip?

My vote is Woods because he continues to come up small when needed and his production has been very pedestrian over what is readily available in FA. Bills could have used a bit more ILB help this year.

Woods, Kiko...either one would not have been a significant loss to the team.

I wondering if you could provide any examples of how/when McCoy expressed that he'd rather be somewhere else. I recall his reaction after the trade happened, but I chalked that up to him feeling betrayed. Learned of his trade via the media rather than from team officials.

Not trying to call you out. I just thought he has been a pretty good teammate.

I don't think the Bills locker room has been a real model of "everyone rowing in the same direction" this year. Yes, some completely blow off the sideshow interviews, the Eagle's logo kissing, running off the field rather than shaking hands with his former good teammates. I dunno. It's entertaining, I guess.

I don't think the Bills locker room has been a real model of "everyone rowing in the same direction" this year. Yes, some completely blow off the sideshow interviews, the Eagle's logo kissing, running off the field rather than shaking hands with his former good teammates. I dunno. It's entertaining, I guess.

Hmmm...I think you kind of dodged my question re: Shady expressing that he wanted to be somewhere else. I don't think the team chemistry, or lack thereof, should fall on his shoulders. I attribute that to poor coaching and frustration due to losing. McCoy's "antics" prior to, during, and after the Philly game were a mistake on his part, but a small sample of what I thought was a very good season for him.

The only thing I don't like about the trade is the extension we gave him after it was completed. That represented a big cap hit and wear/tear on RBs in this league is huge. We've been terrible for a long time but I can't honestly remember a time when we were deficient at the RB position. Largely because they are a dime-a-dozen.

This.

There are two constraints in terms of building a roster in the NFL. Money under the salary cap (for free agents and retaining your own players) and number of draft picks to add young (and at least initially, cheap) talent. Both of these are scare resources. Whaley has demonstrated his lack of understanding of these constraints in both the McCoy extension (tying up that much salary cap in a non-franchise QB) and the Watkins trade (Excess number/quality of picks for one player who isn't a franchise QB).

Look, Shady and Watkins are great players, I am not questioning that. And Kiko for Shady was a fairly good deal. The extension is the problem.

The only thing I don't like about the trade is the extension we gave him after it was completed. That represented a big cap hit and wear/tear on RBs in this league is huge. We've been terrible for a long time but I can't honestly remember a time when we were deficient at the RB position. Largely because they are a dime-a-dozen.

People need to stop saying this. They are not.

How not to build a franchise in the 2015 NFL landscape:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tell-your-grandkids-about-the-2015-buffalo-bills/

The McCoy trade was audacious, but not aligned with their philosophy, cost too much in cap dollars, and provided a diva to a team that needs blue collar types.

Hate this expression. Why do we need 'blue collar types'. What's wrong with having 'elite' type players.

In another do over scenario - Eagles wanted a draft pick, Robert Woods or Kiko for Shady.

If you had to do it over again, who would you send to Chip?

My vote is Woods because he continues to come up small when needed and his production has been very pedestrian over what is readily available in FA. Bills could have used a bit more ILB help this year.

When the Bills played the Eagles I forgot Kiko was on the roster until he over pursued a run play which lead to a TD. The only bad part of the trade was McCoy's salary, but trading Kiko turns out to be a good move. He had a nice rookie season, which he wore down at the end, but he's a backup at best...

People need to stop saying this. They are not.

It is an ignorant and annoying statement....

Edited by ricojes