Shining a light on Shady

BADOLBILZ

disgruntled : )

we shall see who gets the award, so lets not get ahead of the ceremony.

maybe you win if steve harvey presents

lol

why does McCoy now not like Buffalo?

Seems like I missed a Rodak article :cry:

Greggy aka Deranged Rhino was just trying to stir you up.

I never said McCoy was disgruntled at the moment.

If guys like Karlos and Gillislee keep busting off 30-60 yard runs next season do you think that McCoy will lose a few carries?

And if he starts getting 10-12 carries instead of 15-20 do you think he will be cool with that?

I do not.

BTW Roman really loves Gillislee because he follows the plays as they are drawn up, works hard and keeps his mouth shut......ahem.

Take that fwiw but that's what he has told the media.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The notion that the running game is helpless without Shady was bogus to start with.........but now that argument, which was based on only 2 unproductive quarters of football from Karlos versus the Giants...........is gone.

Last week:

McCoy 29 yards and rest of team 211 yards

This week:

237 yards without McCoy

The Bills made some bad decisions at RB at the end of the preseason(Jackson) and early in the season(keeping then cutting Bryce Brown).......so when McCoy and Karlos were both injured......they had to scour the street for Boom Herron and bring back fodder like Cierre Wood.

This created the false impression that McCoy was doing wonders by approaching 100 yards rushing when he came back.

The reality is that he didn't make big plays this season......and that's why he had a so-so average of 4.4 ypc and just 3 TD's on the ground.

Team that with the fact that he doesn't bring a physical aspect and has to come off the field in the redzone and on 3rd downs and what you get is what I call SOFT PRODUCTION.

Could he have run for 200 today? His season high was 112 so take that fwiw.

so you admit Roman and Kromer have implemented a reasonable and balanced running game?

If guys like Karlos and Gillislee keep busting off 30-60 yard runs next season do you think that McCoy will lose a few carries?

And if he starts getting 10-12 carries instead of 15-20 do you think he will be cool with that?

I do not.

BTW Roman really loves Gillislee because he follows the plays as they are drawn up, works hard and keeps his mouth shut......ahem.

I don't think Whaley will approve of that either.

I do not.

: )

I do not.

To my eyes, that's a big deal. McCoy is one of the most enjoyable RBs to watch in all of football, but almost never does he follow the play design. That's one reason why Felton -- the lead blocker supreme? -- is pretty useless on this team. Felton will go into the hole and block the LB/safety, but McCoy will have cut it outside a couple beats prior to that. They are actually better without McCoy. Good thing we sealed our fate by giving him that idiotic extension. Wouldn't be the Bills if it weren't for moves like that!

I do not.

That is not happening

Shady will always get the lion share of the carries

I do not.

Roman absolutely loves McCoy and has said as much

Your reaching

To my eyes, that's a big deal. McCoy is one of the most enjoyable RBs to watch in all of football, but almost never does he follow the play design. That's one reason why Felton -- the lead blocker supreme? -- is pretty useless on this team. Felton will go into the hole and block the LB/safety, but McCoy will have cut it outside a couple beats prior to that. They are actually better without McCoy. Good thing we sealed our fate by giving him that idiotic extension. Wouldn't be the Bills if it weren't for moves like that!

you overate Felton.But you do have a worthwhile point!

Sal Capaccio was just on WGR and said that he is starting to see just how precise the marks are in Roman's offense and that Gillislee is great at turning it up at just the right time.

I'm not always 100% on board with what Sal says but this is a point I have been making for a long time.

I brought it up wrt comments made by Solomon Wilcots in the Philly game.

Shady thinks he knows best.......and he follows his instincts and misses a lot of big play opportunities because of it.

Does that mean I think he can finish runs with the speed and power of the 220 pound Gillislee or 230 pound Karlos? No. That's also a problem.

But as I have said repeatedly.......he leaves a lot of big plays on the field and it's lost on people because it's entertaining to watch him make 3 people miss on his way to a 5 yard gain.

Edit.......make note, that LeSean too knows he has left a lot of big plays on the field.

Edited by #BADOL

I do not.

Gillislee can play. He clearly has talent because he was drafted in a non-garbage time round. Makes you wonder why he didn't stick in miami and AZ. Roman loves him because of his attention to detail, which makes you wonder whether he was staring nfl death in the face after being cut by AZ and got religion.

Sal Capaccio was just on WGR and said that he is starting to see just how precise the marks are in Roman's offense and that Gillislee is great at turning it up at just the right time.

I'm not always 100% on board with what Sal says but this is a point I have been making for a long time.

I brought it up wrt comments made by Solomon Wilcots in the Philly game.

Shady thinks he knows best.......and he follows his instincts and misses a lot of big play opportunities because of it.

Does that mean I think he can finish runs with the speed and power of the 220 pound Gillislee or 230 pound Karlos? No. That's also a problem.

But as I have said repeatedly.......he leaves a lot of big plays on the field and it's lost on people because it's entertaining to watch him make 3 people miss on his way to a 5 yard gain.

Edit.......make note, that LeSean too knows he has left a lot of big plays on the field.

Jesus Christ

Shady also MAKES a lot of plays on the field that are not there by making people miss

If you cannot see that I absolutely do not think this is gonna be much of a discussion

Because he is as fragile as a Christmas ornament. Until he can stay healthy we have nothing there.

oh you mean mckoy right? rookie.

Jesus Christ

Shady also MAKES a lot of plays on the field that are not there by making people miss

If you cannot see that I absolutely do not think this is gonna be much of a discussion

ya, they miss then miss again, then he gets 1 yard, cj did that too.

YUP. #facts

Yup

as usual, one line saying nothing, only ripping someone who doesnt like your guy, with nothing to back up your opinion. except going with maybe one unrelated element like "duuuuuuh shadys goin to duh pro bowl" and here with "yup" strong argument!

McCoy's contract, particularly this coming off-season, needs to be a part of the discussion regardless of how much Pegula spends. What the Bills did giving him an extension to placate his trade inhibits their ability to staff other positions, namely defensive ones. And that will undoubtedly be a requirement real soon.

I think certain fans like (and vocally support) McCoy more for his name than his output on the field. He's in the news a lot and for a team with (some) fans starving for any shred of attention, he provides that. What he doesn't provide is value based on his contract.

see my post "shady trade will set this team back for years" written 5 months ago

The notion that the running game is helpless without Shady was bogus to start with.........but now that argument, which was based on only 2 unproductive quarters of football from Karlos versus the Giants...........is gone.

Last week:

McCoy 29 yards and rest of team 211 yards

This week:

237 yards without McCoy

badol, i told you stats and evidence like this go right over the heads of the posters in this thread. Yes its true, i think shady would have gotten 15 yards on that play, not the go ahead td, and would have ran some plays to the sideline that karlos and g.lie took for 10+. numbers dont lie. Just people. People who defend their favorite starters no matter what....until they are cut or traded at the end of the season.

Gillislee can play. He clearly has talent because he was drafted in a non-garbage time round. Makes you wonder why he didn't stick in miami and AZ. Roman loves him because of his attention to detail, which makes you wonder whether he was staring nfl death in the face after being cut by AZ and got religion.

He's a good player. He reminds me a bit of Fred Jackson.

His body type and in his upright style, smoothness in the screen game, willingness to finish runs strong and of course that patience and timing wrt following his blocks.

People forget that Jackson carved out his place in Buffalo by following blocks......a trait a good many of the Bills high pedigree RB's have not had an excess of.

Also for his propensity for showing up the high pedigree RB in front of him. :devil:

You have to admit that watching Shady dance up a sweat all over the field for 3.7ypc all day.....and then seeing Gillislee step in and rip off an easy 30 yard TD had to raise a few eyebrows in that Philly game.

He's been ripping off big runs since he first touched the ball in that Houston game.

Is he THAT good? Probably not.

But IMO teams just aren't used to defending a running game like Roman is putting out there.....and the difference between what Roman has here in Buffalo and what he had in SF is that he has a true HR threat in at WR who demands extra attention......which is keeping DC's from going big on D.

Edited by #BADOL

must be the scheme. anyone can run in Buffalo.

discuss.

because it honestly. It is.

The Bills have been developing a substantial running game under Roman Kromer and Lynn.

Patience was the key.

There is no one to hate here.

Just enjoy , for once in your miserable hatingmiserable lives- and you know who you all are, that the Bills are really f'n good at running the ball. Including TT.

Finally, the Bills are kicking a** at something. maybe not much else.

But grinding that run game out..

:worthy:

" But IMO teams just aren't used to defending a running game like Roman is putting out there.....and the difference between what Roman has here in Buffalo and what he had in SF is that he has a true HR threat in at WR who demands extra attention......which is keeping DC's from going big on D. "

well put Badol !

ahead of the curve.

Genius.

Does Roman coach Defense too?

as usual, one line saying nothing, only ripping someone who doesnt like your guy, with nothing to back up your opinion. except going with maybe one unrelated element like "duuuuuuh shadys goin to duh pro bowl" and here with "yup" strong argument!

see my post "shady trade will set this team back for years" written 5 months ago

What are you talking about Beavis ?

Are you ramping up your McCoy sucks takes over the Cowboys game that none of us watched ?

Cool story. 1 game sample size is always the way to go.

badol, i told you stats and evidence like this go right over the heads of the posters in this thread. Yes its true, i think shady would have gotten 15 yards on that play, not the go ahead td, and would have ran some plays to the sideline that karlos and g.lie took for 10+. numbers dont lie. Just people. People who defend their favorite starters no matter what....until they are cut or traded at the end of the season.

I will say this.........in defense of Bills fans..........we are a battered lot.

When we get a RB who runs for 100 yards or a QB who throws for 300 yards we sometimes want to overlook issues that matter.

It matters that the Bills have defenses between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the personnel they use..........but then they help them out by using a RB whose game doesn't exploit nickel defenses.

And it matters that McCoy is missing HR pitches.........HE is supposed to be the HR hitter.

It matters that he has to come off the field on third downs and in the redzone.