Shining a light on Shady

BADOLBILZ

That's a false comparison because Shady's contract is irrelevant to his contribution on the field. When we hear one of the Pegulas utter the words "cash to cap" then perhaps we should start worrying about spending.

For the life of me I don't understand why Shady avoiding unnecessary contact is a bad thing in a league where RBs go down like flies. In his 7th season, Shady's numbers are very much in line with his career averages, which put him at the top echelon of RBs. Let's have this conversation in two - three years and see where TJ Yeldon is compared to McCoy.

And BTW, I don't recall McCoy ever being a good short yardage back. Wonder if Bills had one in camp in August?

First off.......I agree that Ralph and co used the salary cap to excuse low spending and could have done much more..........but reasonable cap management still matters.

Since McCoy's cap figure this year was roughly equivalent to his amortized signing bonus.....it appears to leave $23M in guarantees($36M? in cap figures) over the next 4 seasons.

I guess it comes down to what kind of results you expect from him in 2016.(and thereafter if you think he will still be the lead RB in 2017, 2018 and 2019).

It would be interesting for someone else to admit what they REALLY expect rather than trying to postdate their take.

All I heard this preseason was how he was a top 3 RB because of the yards he accumulated on 312 carries...........but if that's the argument this year then is he just a top 10-20 RB?

Is that worth not only the cash.......but the CARRIES.......considering the softness of his game and lack of explosive plays and TD's?

And btw.....I think Bill has a point about TJ Yeldon because guys like that......you use them to establish/maintain your physical identity and then you just replace them with someone else a few years later....all-the-while saving your money for the key positions of the modern game.

Fred wasn't keen on how Shady conducted business

Fred was none too pleased when the Bills acquired Bryce Brown and Shady made a point to tell the media that Brown would easily beat out Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller and be the Bills lead RB.

They exchanged blows on social media and Shady isn't really the type to backtrack/apologize for his takes.......he is still adamant that Chip Kelly is a racist for cutting him.......so not too surprising they didn't hit it off.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had like 4 really good games this year too. "Fresh legs" they called it.

The bottom line is that 3 of the past 4 years he has averaged 4.2, 4.2 and 4.4.

That's a pretty fair sample size.

2013 was the outlier. Kelly's offense was new and stunned the NFL and McCoy was additionally fueled by a feud with AD.

All that aside, the lack of scores/inability to use in the redzone is a problem going forward.

You mean like pounding LM behind lil ole EricW?

Or Roman just not able to get him into space?

I wonder if teams key on Lesean much?

Or if Felton can really lead block?

Yea, he made the pro bowl on a bad team, so he must suck! :doh:

I love Shady McCoy in a manly " here have a beer on me" sort of way. Like Fred Jackson did his entire career in Buffalo, and what CJ Spiller was able to do for one year. McCoy made something out of nothing more often than not.

I can tell you that the majority of Eagle fans are bleating like baby sheep they still don't have McCoy.

If the Bills had been able to properly upgrade the right side of that line along with a more experienced QB the offense is top five this year IMO

or even if they could make better use of what they have on the field. The right side has more issues with PP than the run.

The more experienced QB? is an odd statement. Explain please ?

I haven't posted in months yet my name is coming up for some reason. No matter how many times you try to twist it, my point was that Jauron prior to the Bills had a better winning % than Belichick prior to Brady. Amazingly, an all time qb makes you a better coach.

Honestly, there's a lot more I would go in on you about but I really don't care. You are a nobody to me who tries act superior to everyone. You dug your feet so hard into ground about how bad of a trade this was and start posting about when McCoy gets hard. KIko is maybe one of the worst LBs in the NFL against the run. But clearly, the McCoy trade cost the Bills the season.

But you are so superior to all of us. You are a message God. We all bow to you.

You will know that you don't care what someone thinks of you when you stop feeling compelled to tell them so.

I'm just telling you this so that you figure out why people won't stop bullying you on Myspace even though you keep telling them it doesn't bother you. :thumbsup:

As for your Jauron take......own it already.

It's the greatest bad take in TSW history. That's not nothin.

The lesson is that you need more than a negative foundation to build an argument.

Lot's of coaches start out with losing records early and DON'T get better.

Jauron was a random coach with a flawed philosophy.......why you latched on to him as if he had won SB's as a coordinator or accomplished anything of note as an NFL coach is beyond me.

The man literally was in his 7th losing season in 8 attempts......not counting an interim stint in Detroit......and you were still comparing him to Belichick.......who began his career in Cleveland before free agency, had his program in motion prior to Modell uprooting the team and ruining a promising season.

The structure he left behind became the Ravens.......arguably the second most consistent organization in the NFL the past two decades.

Other than a couple losing seasons........what did these two coaches share in common. :doh:

he's resting up for the pro-bowl. never mind the team is headed to hell. rest up and have a good probowl man, buy yourself some more jewelry with the million dollar game checks you'll be cashing and not even not playing

Yes players rest for the pro bowl. That game is bigger now then it's ever been.

The level of stupidity rises in every post, quite an amazing feat.

http://buffalobills.com/video/videos/LeSean-McCoy-It-means-a-lot-to-me/2fa2c426-0825-4eec-96f3-b098e524a83b

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yes players rest for the pro bowl. That game is bigger now then it's ever been.

The level of stupidity rises in every post, quite an amazing feat.

http://buffalobills.com/video/videos/LeSean-McCoy-It-means-a-lot-to-me/2fa2c426-0825-4eec-96f3-b098e524a83b

According to you that game defines a players value. Edited by JTSP

At least McCoy admits he doesn't deserve to go to the pro bowl. I give him credit for that.

“My season wasn’t a Pro Bowl-type season,” the running back said Wednesday of being the Buffalo Bills’ lone Pro Bowl selection. “The record is what it is, the playoffs are not in the picture, the type of plays I should have made this season I didn’t make."

- Buffalo News

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

At least McCoy admits he doesn't deserve to go to the pro bowl. I give him credit for that.

My season wasnt a Pro Bowl-type season, the running back said Wednesday of being the Buffalo Bills lone Pro Bowl selection. The record is what it is, the playoffs are not in the picture, the type of plays I should have made this season I didnt make."

- Buffalo News

Ruh roh...so much for the basis for ryans defense of him

Ruh roh...so much for the basis for ryans defense of him

Him being hard on himself proves nothing other than he always wants to be the best. 2015 Pro Bowl Rb IS Lesean McCoy. Face the facts. You choose a tough path. Always fighting with facts. Enjoy Beckham's suspension bud.

“My season wasn’t a Pro Bowl-type season,” the running back said Wednesday of being the Buffalo Bills’ lone Pro Bowl selection. “The record is what it is, the playoffs are not in the picture, the type of plays I should have made this season I didn’t make."

- Buffalo News

He didn't deserve pro bowl ? Bills lead league in rushing at 148 yards a game. They did one thing right.

Him being hard on himself proves nothing other than he always wants to be the best. 2015 Pro Bowl Rb IS Lesean McCoy. Face the facts. You choose a tough path. Always fighting with facts. Enjoy Beckham's suspension bud.

Actually what he's saying is what a number of us are seeing too: his skills are in rapid decline. So what's going to make him make the plays next year he missed this year? Being 28 years old and that much closer to hitting the running back wall? Edited by JTSP

Actually what he's saying is what a number of us are seeing too: his skills are in rapid decline. So what's going to make him make the plays next year he missed this year? Being 28 years old and that much closer to hitting the running back wall?

Yes he said next year I will make less plays. I will get hurt early in the season and I will make less plays. More guys tackled me 1 on 1 this year then ever and I suspect even more guys will tackle me next year.

Fix your speakers. He will be better next year, he is humbled and focused.

I'm done w this thread. Once you start, the party always clears out. Later.

He didn't deserve pro bowl ? Bills lead league in rushing at 148 yards a game. They did one thing right.

There is close to 400-500 yards coming from the quarterback on non-designed runs that is accounted for in that misleading stat.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Actually what he's saying is what a number of us are seeing too: his skills are in rapid decline. So what's going to make him make the plays next year he missed this year? Being 28 years old and that much closer to hitting the running back wall?

Really? I dont think he is saying that

I think that YOU are saying that in the face of him making the pro bowl.....which makes you look silly

Really? I dont think he is saying that

I think that YOU are saying that in the face of him making the pro bowl.....which makes you look silly

He's citing the same factors as the detractors have in this thread, just not reaching the same conclusion. I doubt a player would ever say his skills are in irreversible decline, even if he believed it.

- Buffalo News

McCoy knows.

One of the unfortunate realities of discussing the negatives of a players game here on TSW is that some people refuse to hear the truth.

Hence......the shout downs.

McCoy left a lot of big plays on the field this year.

That is not a point of contention......contrary to what some of you guys WANT to think.

The question is why and can it be corrected.

That is probably where I separate from Shady........he thinks he can get better........I think his skills have diminished enough to decrease his productivity.

He's still shifty and fun to watch but a lost step is a lot for a guy like Shady who is a very unconventional high volume carry back.

While I don't think he is the physical back that would best suit this offense......I do think this offense is a benefit to him.

The team averages 4.9 ypc and the ability of Tyrod to stretch the field with accurate deep balls creates a lot of natural space on the edge where he likes to work.

The Shady we were promised should have done much more than he did though.........and contrary to the opinions of the shouters on here that is why this thread exists.

:lol: :lol:

In the spirit of the season I think we need a "major award" for posters being really, really right. :lol:

You can present mine to me next year around the time of the Bills usual holiday presentation.....when McCoy gets cast in the role of Mario Williams.....a seemingly still young man.....but in decline and facing an uncertain future. :lol:

In the spirit of the season I think we need a "major award" for posters being really, really right. :lol:

You can present mine to me next year around the time of the Bills usual holiday presentation.....when McCoy gets cast in the role of Mario Williams.....a seemingly still young man.....but in decline and facing an uncertain future. :lol:

Except your not right here Badol

I hope there is not a spot in your trophy case for this award.....:)