Shining a light on Shady

BADOLBILZ

Great talent but not the kind of player a building team can count on, especially at his age. Shady is a bad fit in Buffalo and he clearly does not want to be here.

After his selfish and childish behavior before, during, and after the Eagles game my mind is made up on him.

He looked like crap on the short yardage runs. His backups outplayed him today. How much more convincing is needed that he is not the answer.

Shameful waste of cap space IMO.

Clear as day. ... one question. Based on what

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You simply cannot count on Karlos as anything more than a complementary RB at this point in his career. He's had three injuries in limited duty with his camp "procedure" and in-season concussion/shoulder injuries. Beyond that, he takes too many steps in his cuts and still has work to do as a pass protector. Shady has proven himself to be a multi-dimensional threat that any offense would be happy to have.

can say that about any back in the league ... how many games has shady missed now? or not been able to finish? running back by committee, invest in the oline

Past two years.....515 carries for a very pedestrian 4.3 ypc and just 8 total rushing TD's.

Things aren't going to come together. I'm not going out on a limb here. He's going to be 28 and he has a ton of mileage on him.

Rather have 4.3 on 515 carries than 7 per on 50 carries.

My game told you Marrone was not fit to be a headcoach 2 years prior to him leaving.

My game told you the Bills were not a playoff team in 2015 and that adding guys like Clay and McCoy was not going to lead this team to any more wins.

My game told you Charles Clay is not worth the contract.

My game told you McCoy is injury prone, in decline and that expensive backs are a waste of resources in building a team.

My game told you Whaley is severely overrated by a fanbase that thinks mediocrity is excellence.

My game told you we are in cap hell, now everyone wants to dismantle 1/3 of our roster to free up cap space.

You base your cred on 4 unfounded points. Anyone could see marrone was a joke. I cackled him coach moron in his press conference thread. Whaley. .. nope. clay missed it. Cap hell not even. Mccoy. 2 injuries big deal

And you keep changing the argument. First you said that he was in decline. When stats show that his rush yards per attempt went up this year, you revert to say that 4.4 is no great feat, even though it's roughly in line with Adrian Peterson.

His numbers this year are on par with his career averages and certainly don't show him hitting some mythical wall at 27 that you claimed he would hit.

He's still a premier back and he's 5th in yards from scrimmage, which was always his game. He is not the guy who is going to carry the ball 25-30 game because he's never done that. But he is going to run 15-20 and catch 5, and consistently deliver 100 total yards, which very few players do.

So keep banging your soap box that the trade was stupid, even though Shady directly contributed to a few precious wins this year. Would Kiko have? Would Spiller have, since that was the original plan before Chip called?

I'm not changing the argument :lol: ......he's not a big yards per guy, mainly because his big play ability has declined.....nor is he physical or usable in short yardage....which sucks because that means he comes off the field on a lot of third downs.......and of course, he doesn't score TD's.

He's OK in the pass game, unless you want him to catch a pass thrown past the sticks. Doesn't track the ball well or catch the ball cleanly from any notable distance.

No.....I'm not impressed by his .2 ypc uptick in ypc this year in 110 less carries..........3 of his last 4 games he's been under 4 ypc which suggests a downturn in production as the season wore on.

Shady had the second most carries in the NFL in 2014.......by a wide margin....like 20 carries. That's been pretty normal for him so I'm not sure who all the workhorse backs that you say carry the ball 10-15 times more per game are.

How did Karlos look when shady was out.

Karlos did fine in Miami after Shady hurt himself but then Karlos got a concussion early in the next game(Giants) and then missed a month so it's really hard to say the running game went to hell with Karlos in charge.

It's funny how small of a sample size some of you guys are willing to grasp for though. :lol:

Anything they get from Karlos is gravy......he's damaged goods.

Edited by #BADOL

I'm not changing the argument :lol: ......he's not a big yards per guy, mainly because his big play ability has declined.....nor is he physical or usable in short yardage....which sucks because that means he comes off the field on a lot of third downs.......and of course, he doesn't score TD's.

He's OK in the pass game, unless you want him to catch a pass thrown past the sticks. Doesn't track the ball well or catch the ball cleanly from any notable distance.

No.....I'm not impressed by his .2 ypc uptick in ypc this year in 110 less carries..........3 of his last 4 games he's been under 4 ypc which suggests a downturn in production as the season wore on.

Shady had the second most carries in the NFL in 2014.......by a wide margin....like 20 carries. That's been pretty normal for him so I'm not sure who all the workhorse backs that you say carry the ball 10-15 times more per game are.

And yet his numbers this year are line with career averages, despite being injured for most of the year.

Now if you want to claim that the training camp injury is due to age then go ahead and make that argument, but that's not what you've been arguing.you've been saying that his production is going to get progressively worse.

But he's been fairly consistent.

And yet his numbers this year are line with career averages, despite being injured for most of the year.

Now if you want to claim that the training camp injury is due to age then go ahead and make that argument, but that's not what you've been arguing.you've been saying that his production is going to get progressively worse.

But he's been fairly consistent.

He certainly hasn't been as good as his rep, which is really based of of two very good seasons 3 and 5 years ago.

But the past two years have brought his average a little closer to what he actually does now.

This year, he's 10th in the NFL in attempts, 15th in ypc and tied for 31st in rushing TD's.

He missed a handful of time and is the AFCs 3rd leading rusher. He's a better RB than Kiko is an LB.

In all likelihood he will miss 4 games ....a quarter of the season. Add in the games he was taken out when he got injured against miami and Washington, that's more than a quarter. Again, guy is simply not worth all the money.

He had bad numbers in the first quarter of 2014 because half of the Eagles line was out. When the line got healthy, so did his numbers. He had 69 carries for 192 yards in the first four games; in the final 11, after the line got healthy, he was his old self, averaging 4.8 ypc the rest of the way.

Why bother. That doesnt support his arguement. Everyone... EVEN ME remembers thats exactly how it went down. They were raving about mccoy the last 11-12 games of the season.

Um ... in his best season he scored 20 freakin' tds. So it's not as if scoring isn't in his skill set. And as you know, td stats are HIGHLY deceiving anyway. If one believes they're the be all and end all, then Barry Sanders wasn't a great player.

He's a good player.

Edited by dave mcbride

Same offense, different backs Karlos Williams 6.0 average, LeSean McCoy 4.4. Heck even Dizzy Gillespie outshine McCoy on Sunday. North-South guys with power and speed is what we need. Not the costly shake and bake

LeSean McCoy 28 signed a 5 year, $40,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $13,125,000 signing bonus, $26,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,000,000. In 2015, McCoy will earn a base salary of $2,625,000, a signing bonus of $13,125,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000.

Karlos Williams RB 22 4 yr $623,838 average

Yeah Karlos rarely plays. And hpwbdod he do as the feature back. Take Lesean away and now you have no multiple use RB, The game Karlos started 2 plus yards a carry. Cute to try and make that arguement. You really compare a rookie converted from safety who cant stay on the field with a guy who has been thebfocal point of EVERY TEAM he has been on. No comparison

Karlos did fine in Miami after Shady hurt himself but then Karlos got a concussion early in the next game(Giants) and then missed a month so it's really hard to say the running game went to hell with Karlos in charge.

It's funny how small of a sample size some of you guys are willing to grasp for though. :lol:

Anything they get from Karlos is gravy......he's damaged goods.

You mention sample size. But your minions want to quote Karlos loke he proved to be some sort of feature back. Whybare you picking the sample size when Lesean has been THE FOCAL POINT for YEARS. Point blank period.

Um ... in his best season he scored 20 freakin' tds.

That was 5 years ago.

He's scored 27 total touchdowns since then.....including just 10 combined in the past two seasons.

So it's not as if scoring isn't in his skill set. And as you know, td stats are HIGHLY deceiving anyway. If one believes they're the be all and end all, then Barry Sanders wasn't a great player.

Less big play ability plus ineffectiveness in short yardage equals less TD's.

You know I respect your opinion but to suggest that there isn't any correlation between his skillset and reaching the end zone over a span of many years is inaccurate.

We aren't really going to invoke Barry Sanders in the same breath as McCoy are we?

Sanders AVERAGED 11 TD's per season in his career. He wasn't good in short yardage but he also averaged 5 ypc in an era when yards were tougher to come by.

The point I am making is that McCoy is in kind of in no-man's land in terms of impact.

He's a good player.

You know I didn't say he wasn't "good". That's a pretty low bar.

Ryan L will be all over that......Badol is saying Shady isn't even "good". :lol:

Yea I'm all over it alright. I'm confused why shady got elected to the pro bowl though.

Something doesn't make sense here. Is the pro bowl for the underperformers or the best at their position ? Who to believe

You guys can accept it at whatever pace you want.

I consider the fact that all I heard this summer was that McCoy is a top 3 RB in the NFL..........and now that has vanished and been replaced with "McCoy is good".......as proof that at least reality is setting in. :thumbsup:

did jtsp, enlightener, and buff bills forever join the op's cause

Yep.

Case closed.

Only you and LilAntoineBlitz are even more notorious for having inaccurate takes, almost on the CBiscuit97/Doc/Big Cat level. :D

I don't have a horse in this argument, but anyone who has spent anytime on this board can take a quick look at the thread & be 99% sure that in a couple years, Badol will be right. Again.

That was 5 years ago.

He's scored 27 total touchdowns since then.....including just 10 combined in the past two seasons.

Less big play ability plus ineffectiveness in short yardage equals less TD's.

You know I respect your opinion but to suggest that there isn't any correlation between his skillset and reaching the end zone over a span of many years is inaccurate.

We aren't really going to invoke Barry Sanders in the same breath as McCoy are we?

Sanders AVERAGED 11 TD's per season in his career. He wasn't good in short yardage but he also averaged 5 ypc in an era when yards were tougher to come by.

The point I am making is that McCoy is in kind of in no-man's land in terms of impact.

You know I didn't say he wasn't "good". That's a pretty low bar.

Ryan L will be all over that......Badol is saying Shady isn't even "good". :lol:

4 years ago, not 5, but i do realize it's in the past. I thought he showed a ton of burst getting to the end zone this season, and he had 2 tds called back because of the never-ending penalty fest. What irks me is that this discussion seems to be a product of him not banging it in against Washington at the end of the first half, when the real story there is the criminal refusal to do a qb sneak. That is a HUGE hole in roman's playcalling, and I attribute it to that game last season when Kap was charged with a fumble on a sneak, costing them the game - and the ball actually crossed the plane. The Niners were robbed; the league said it didn't have enough evidence to overturn it (bs). I think it scarred Roman, and to the detriment of the Bills.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/colin-kaepernick-fumbles-into-end-zone-rams-49ers-110214

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_26854740/nfl-says-replay-lacked-evidence-overturn-colin-kaepernicks

Edited by dave mcbride

4 years ago, not 5, but i do realize it's in the past. I thought he showed a ton of burst getting to the end zone this season, and he had 2 tds called back because of the never-ending penalty fest. What irks me is that this discussion seems to be a product of him not banging it in against Washington at the end of the first half, when the real story there is the criminal refusal to do a qb sneak. That is a HUGE hole in roman's playcalling, and I attribute it to that game last season when Kap was charged with a fumble on a sneak, costing them the game - and the ball actually crossed the plane. The Niners were robbed; the league said it didn't have enough evidence to overturn it (bs). I think it scarred Roman, and to the detriment of the Bills.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/colin-kaepernick-fumbles-into-end-zone-rams-49ers-110214

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_26854740/nfl-says-replay-lacked-evidence-overturn-colin-kaepernicks

2011 is the year you are talking about....5 seasons ago.....4 seasons since......the year the Giants beat the Patriots in the SB.....Russell Wilson was at Wisconsin....before the rise of the Seahawks or Peyton going to Denver....when the Giants and Pats met earlier this year there were 5 players COMBINED from both rosters still on the teams from that SB.

Point being.......in NFL terms, it was a while ago.

As for this thread being about Shady not scoring a TD from the 1 yard line......no......if he scores there he finishes with 10 rushes for 30 yards and one touchdown. That's all.

I've said it before......he's a singles hitter that gets paid like a HR hitter and it gets lost in all the flash.

You disagree and maybe next year he breaks the trend of 3 of the past 4 years and goes back to ripping off big runs.......and subsequently TD's.........but I don't see it.

I think he's lost a step but even if he hasn't the problem is systemic with him.

He runs for the sticks on the sideline at the expense of shallower cutbacks that take the more physical backs on the roster to pay dirt.

We joke about Solomon Wilcots here but the guy hosted Playbook NFL for years.......he studies all 22's and knows his stuff.

When Shady is getting fair production and Solly is still saying he needs to cut it up quicker.......and then a practice squad guy comes in and immediately does that and takes it yard.....fans should take notice.